Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    So I heard warrior is balanced right now.

    http://imgur.com/SoLMZ - Thanks Blizzard.

  2. #2
    give them a break, its hard to balance pvp when they dont test it
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

  3. #3
    You only had 50k health on the last hit, suck it up.
    Pick-Up Group (PUG): Impromptu groups typically convened for the purpose of tackling the game's simpler content.
    While billed as the cornerstone of a game built on extensive social interaction, they are in fact the graveyard of one's faith in humanity.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal blabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Posts
    63
    Execute is now execute again, let's rejoice.

  5. #5
    You aren't even pointing out the really well balanced part. This was Execute, which is intended to one-shot everything below X% health. (Blizzard thinks that's a lot of fun.)

    But Warriors can also hit you for 300k when you're in PvP gear and at 80% health. Now THAT is balance!

  6. #6
    Complaining about execute, warlocks can use chaos bolt that hits just as hard at any point of the fight not only when ppl are under 20%, and mages can deep freeze and frost bomb at any time too, so whatever, and like the previous post said you only had 50k left any crit from any class would have killed you...

  7. #7
    My own exicute hits for 30k max amazing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    You aren't even pointing out the really well balanced part. This was Execute, which is intended to one-shot everything below X% health. (Blizzard thinks that's a lot of fun.)

    But Warriors can also hit you for 300k when you're in PvP gear and at 80% health. Now THAT is balance!
    Ofcourse they can. They can also fire an orbital strike, instantly killing the entire enemy team, before the game even started.

  9. #9
    Execute hits so ridiculously hard that I see it as having 80% of your health when it comes to facing a warrior, or warrior team.

    Obviously it won't guarantee a kill, but it sure does for the most part. The fact that it completely overshadows things like kill shot and even shadow word death is also worrying. Yes, I'm sure blizzard wanted execute to feel like it's an execute, but it just does so much more than all the other, 20% finishers from the other classes. They say you can't compare such abilities all the time since they vary and they all have their pros and cons, but lets be honest, a warrior already hits hard enough.

    I've even heard of some top players asking for it to be toned down a bit, but then again, warrior sustained damage is more than fine - they don't need the help of long and big CDs to actually pressure or do things to people - lets compare a bm hunter with a warrior for example, it's either Stampede and little damage for the next 5 mins versus some solid sustained over time.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-11-03 at 12:14 AM.

  10. #10
    The balance of warriors is this:

    The class that faces the warrior has effectively 80% health + 20% where he gets one-shot.

    The warrior, however, has effectively 65% health + 35% where he self-heals for 10k per second forever.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    The fact that it completely overshadows things like kill shot and even shadow word death is also worrying. Yes, I'm sure blizzard wanted execute to feel like it's an execute, but it just does so much more than all the other, 20% finishers from the other classes. They say you can't compare such abilities all the time since they vary and they all have their pros and cons, but lets be honest, a warrior already hits hard enough.
    While I get your point, Shadow Word: Death and Kill Shot don't work the same as Execute. An Execute mechanic isn't gaining a new ability that does insane amounts of damage, it's something that increases your damage output one way or another. A Warrior's Execute does pure damage, while Kill Shot is simply free damage that doesn't cost any resources. Shadow Word: Death generates lots of extra shadow orbs for hard hitting Devouring Plagues. Execute is simply damage with no other added effects or reduced costs.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Ofcourse they can. They can also fire an orbital strike, instantly killing the entire enemy team, before the game even started.
    Law, please... 280k+ happens from time to other. What happens reguarly is 190k-300k burst in a less than 2-3 second time frame (2-3 gcds + auto attacks + heroic strike). Counter it with hard CC or die. Wish I could say that on any other class than a frost mage (where it ironically is much easier to counter).

    And don't bring destruction warlocks into the picture... That shit is so easy to counter on basically any class, and the only time where you will see a burst higher than 150k is during cooldowns.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I get your point, Shadow Word: Death and Kill Shot don't work the same as Execute. An Execute mechanic isn't gaining a new ability that does insane amounts of damage, it's something that increases your damage output one way or another. A Warrior's Execute does pure damage, while Kill Shot is simply free damage that doesn't cost any resources. Shadow Word: Death generates lots of extra shadow orbs for hard hitting Devouring Plagues. Execute is simply damage with no other added effects or reduced costs.
    In PvP it is about killing the target. Execute does that. You don't want ressources for later use, or an extra free wet noodle (since everyone plays BM anyway). Shadowburn on the other hand is a good comparison...
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-11-03 at 12:24 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Now THAT is balance!
    Play a Moonkin, now THAT is balance. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me

  14. #14
    If you were below 20% health you were probably going to die anyway. Didn't Blizzard also say somewhere that they wanted Execute style abilities to almost always get you the kill since they'd be so low to begin with?
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2012-11-03 at 12:24 AM.
    Bleh

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I get your point, Shadow Word: Death and Kill Shot don't work the same as Execute. An Execute mechanic isn't gaining a new ability that does insane amounts of damage, it's something that increases your damage output one way or another. A Warrior's Execute does pure damage, while Kill Shot is simply free damage that doesn't cost any resources. Shadow Word: Death generates lots of extra shadow orbs for hard hitting Devouring Plagues. Execute is simply damage with no other added effects or reduced costs.
    I see where you're coming from as well, but 'simply damage' is actually a guaranteed kill should it crit, so it's not like it's wrong to say your health pool is actually 80% as opposed to 100% when faced against a DPS warrior.

    Of course, it may not be free damage as it costs rage, and that it doesn't do anything else, but it's not like that's relevant if we look at in this angle, since it just does too much damage and just seals the deal with the kill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    If you were below 20% health you were probably going to die anyway.
    Not really. Lets bring in an example of another warrior, or warrior team. Here, we have things like a 25% 'passive' damage mitigation (according to reckful and many others), as well as some great self-healing from Second Wind that relieves the damage of Execute.

    These things help to survive, tools that most other classes do not have, which aren't bound by CDs most importantly. When I say CDs, I mean defensives that people often will communicate and pop when needed, but the examples I mentioned are just some, from the same class, that don't really need to be worried about as it's more of a 'set it and forget' thing.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-11-03 at 12:25 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Law, please... 280k+ happens from time to other. What happens reguarly is 190k-300k burst in a less than 2-3 second time frame (2-3 gcds + auto attacks + heroic strike). Counter it with hard CC or die. Wish I could say that on any other class than a frost mage (where it ironically is much easier to counter).

    And don't bring destruction warlocks into the picture... That shit is so easy to counter on basically any class, and the only time where you will see a burst higher than 150k is during cooldowns.
    disarm, stun, blind, freeze. So easy to counter a warrior

    L2P

  17. #17
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by TehBlkMage View Post
    Play a Moonkin, now THAT is balance. ;D
    I laughed so hard !

  18. #18
    Why are people complaining about Touch of Death when this exists?

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    disarm, stun, blind, freeze. So easy to counter a warrior

    L2P
    I can play that game too:
    Trinket -> shockwave -> dead.

    I said it was easier to counter frost mages/destruction warlocks. One dispel does everything against a mage burst. Or just interrupt the cast in some way. Same goes for destruction warlocks (a simple interrupt).

    I don't know how you can argue against it. Warrior burst is the hardest to counter (now that stampede is gone). Not saying it's impossible to avoid if you are having like 3 different CC types to use (no DR), assuming the warrior aren't fed dispels and doesn't trinket. That's why god comp is so doing so good at countering warrior burst. But even that CC heavy setup has to rely on 3x iceblocks, 1x dispersion and 1x life swap.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-11-03 at 12:31 AM.

  20. #20
    I dont always survive decapitaction, but when i do its balanced.

    Execute is working as intended. Its not tickcute
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •