Windwalker pvp? (have never played mop)

From a mediocre player (2100 on a rogue and almost 2.2 on an ele sham)..

are dps monks fun in pvp? are they viable? How hard are they to learn? Whats the skill cap?
    I heard both my mains suck atm, and i like the idea of monks; they don't exist in other mmos.

Deleted
    They are Broken as Fuck.

They have about 2-3 Viable Comps at max, and almost every Team Setup Hardcounters a Monk-Team.

Skill Cap is kinda High, but this wont help you at all.

Main problem is that monk dont have a single fucking Burst Cooldown.

Think of other Energy Classes:

Rogue has Shadowdance.

Feral has Berserk, Tiger and Incarnation

You have: Nothing. and inb4 someone calls the 2k Autohit from Xuen Burst. And no, energyzing brew isnt a burst cooldown. you still need to spend 40(!!!!) chakra to get your 20% dmg buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    They are Broken as Fuck.

They have about 2-3 Viable Comps at max, and almost every Team Setup Hardcounters a Monk-Team.

Skill Cap is kinda High, but this wont help you at all.

Main problem is that monk dont have a single fucking Burst Cooldown.

Think of other Energy Classes:

Rogue has Shadowdance.

Feral has Berserk, Tiger and Incarnation

You have: Nothing. and inb4 someone calls the 2k Autohit from Xuen Burst. And no, energyzing brew isnt a burst cooldown. you still need to spend 40(!!!!) chakra to get your 20% dmg buff.
    I use this macro for when I burst something. You might not consider it a burst cd, but it sure helps alot

#showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /cast Tigereye Brew
    /use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    /cast Energizing Brew

(I add chi brew when I'm talented into it)
    But using this macro when I've just depleted my energy and have 4 chi saved up, does a lot of damage. Especially if I do a blanket silience --> Leg Sweep --> fist of fury.

Lack of any major burst windows really hurts them for arena. You can keep constant pressure on a single target, but you won't be able to set up burst and go for a kill. If they would change Tigereye Brew to be a 2 min CD instead of having to spend all that Chi in order for it to be useful, it would be a step in the right direction, or just give them real burst CDs.

Skill cap is high since they have a lot of non DPS cooldowns to worry about and all of the movement abilities are skill shots. It's really easy to spot a bad Windwalker Monk. If you're wanting to do arena, forget about it until Blizz rolls out buffs for PvP. You might be able to work on an RBG team, but if you're wanting to arena monk, then go Mistweaver. Even then, they aren't very viable past 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    I use this macro for when I burst something. You might not consider it a burst cd, but it sure helps alot

/cast Tigereye Brew
    /cast Energizing Brew

But using this macro when I've just depleted my energy and have 4 chi saved up, does a lot of damage. Especially if I do a blanket silience --> Leg Sweep --> fist of fury.
    You might wanna add Xuen last, its after all a print screen of all your active buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by braus View Post
    You might wanna add Xuen last, its after all a print screen of all your active buffs.
    Nope, pets, minions and guardians don't snapshot stats anymore, they dynamically update as your own stats change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post

/cast Tigereye Brew
    /cast Energizing Brew

Really bad macro IMO. Energizing Brew is pretty situational and so is Chi Brew, since you wont be using both brews after eachother.

#showtooltip
    /use 13
    /cast Tigereye Brew
    (/cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger)

I put xuen between ( ) because I have it on a seperate keybind.

@Spraytwist WW monk burst may be a bit lower than most classes. But having your CDs up with 4 chi > RSK and 3 blackout kicks after that hurts a lot.

I also noticed our sustained damage is very high compared to other classes. My blackout kicks usually hit around the 15k-20k non crit while some classes only hit those numbers with abilities that have CDs on them (mortal strike, crusader strike etc)