Aff stat priorities

I am just curious about the whole mastery vs haste thing. I know that mastery is weighted higher than haste, but looking around at some of the logs on the top of the log charts, i see them with much more haste than mastery compared to me. Also im not sure as to if using a pure mastery gem vs an int mastery gem is a better dps increase.

Also is reforging some mastery into haste is efficient. I personally think that i am stacking too much mastery and essentially losing dps by not using haste or something else.

If anyone wants to take a look or try to explain some things here is my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxilla/simple

And these are logs for most of the fights in MV and HoF (first 3)
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/226639/

** Also im not really sure as far as haste cap what the optimal one to try to go for is. So any information or personal rotations and priorities would be helpful!

(links arent working because im quite new! <there you go>)
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-11-07 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    the stat priorities depends entirely on your gear. the general rule is that pre ilvl 480 you gem pure int in red sockets, int/haste(afaik) in yellow sockets and int/hit in blue sockets. post ilvl 480 things change a lot as your stat prios change. In red sockets you will gem int/mastery, in yellow sockets you will socket pure mastery and in blue you will socket hit/mastery, and it is all bcoz of the double amount of the secondary stat that you get.

also generally, you should reforge into mastery any chance you can but it can be a good idea to reforge haste instead if you can reach a haste threshold the most commonly aimed for thresholds is 4198(not quite sure why this is aimed for but from what i can tell it has to do with time warp and getting extra dots with agony and corruption) and 4717(this with +5% spellhaste grants you an extra tick of all spells except agony and corr which gets 2 new ticks) haste rating.

up to 480ilvl haste is much better according to simcraft... mr robot is going by BIS gear and maxing out the best stat at that gear level which is not quite correct. The main thing with haste is you get soul shards back much faster i have noted. I have read the 4717 thing also and seems the correct way to go and stack mastery after that. It's not a huge diference though. If double haste is even with INT i would go with haste for more soul shards.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2012-11-06 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    You get 1% hit from being an orc running around with a wand, btw, so you're at 15.21% hit.

You stat values in your current gear (using 0-10, 10 being best, values, for simplification) should be something like:

1 Int: 10
    1 Crit: 2
    1 Haste: 4.8
    1 Mastery: 6

In other words, gem mastery, enchant int. Go for intellect socket bonuses, ignore the rest.
    Get the 4717 corruption haste threshold if you can. Which you can.
    Use simcraft.org.
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-11-06 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    after ilvl 480 for the most part gemming 320 mastery starts to sim equal to 160 int but like mentioned varies with your state of gear
    as a general rule i reforge/gem for Hit 15%>Haste 11.10%>Intellect=Mastery (favoring mastery to achieve off color gem socket bonuses)

its all simcraft speculation atm but on multi dotting opportunities Haste sims greater than mastery and vice versa for Single target; and even then its miniscule 100-200 dps increases
    I recommend you download simcraft and investigate yourself though

I am curious if anyone can help me out. Ive been reading alot of forums saying that i should run sims on my character in order to find the stat wieghts to place into askmrrobot to reforge. Im relatively new to this and not sure how to obtain those values or where to even start looking.
    My armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korialstrasz/Encantada/advanced

If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.
    Also please excuse my bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring your haste up to the 4250-4300 range ( everytime i simcraft the 4717 haste breakpoint, it is a dps loss ), then go back to focusing on mastery, every sim ive run has given the highest dps when im reforging like this. You can use my armory as guidance if you'd like.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Pixul/advanced

1. hitcap to lower dps variance
    2. mastery > haste > crit. ignore haste thresholds.
    3. profit!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Warlock/

inb4 hastecaps&nonhitcappingisbetter

Quote Originally Posted by Hystify View Post
    3. profit!

Thats nice. Well i am hitcapped with the orc wand thing. And i see you gem straight int. Your sp >>> mine, does that make that big of a difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    3. profit!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Warlock/

Hi there,

so you recommend going mastery pretty much more over Haste? I am completely new at warlocks in this expansion (last played alt lock was in ICC times). Made it my first alt in this expansion. I think I got the rotation and such but still think my DPS is pretty low atm. Mostly I stay on 40k DPS (without cooldowns) in random heroics on boss fights. When I watch the Skada its not that low and its pretty competitible in random HC but still I feel I could do a bit more.

So my question is. Will DPS come with much better gear? Like with both intellect trinkets and such? Or I am doing something wrong?

Be ware my gear is not still top since I have like 10 hours played at 90.

My alt here - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashir/simple
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-11-07 at 07:13 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Hi there,

so you recommend going mastery pretty much more over Haste? I am completely new at warlocks in this expansion (last played alt lock was in ICC times). Made it my first alt in this expansion. I think I got the rotation and such but still think my DPS is pretty low atm. Mostly I stay on 40k DPS (without cooldowns) in random heroics on boss fights. When I watch the Skada its not that low and its pretty competitible in random HC but still I feel I could do a bit more.

So my question is. Will DPS come with much better gear? Like with both intellect trinkets and such? Or I am doing something wrong?

Be ware my gear is not still top since I have like 10 hours played at 90.

My alt here - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashir/simple
    yes, DPS will definitely get better with upgrades - especially weapons and trinkets. just upgrading my weapon from a 476 to 503 this week from H elegon increased my simmed dps by ~12k, but it feels much more than that when in game.

I would only reccomend mastery over haste if you're really sure of what you're doing. most of the advice given by others around a wide range of forums seem to be mostly the same, including but not limited to:

- ignore hit cap as hit has a lower value than mastery or int, 12-13% is the sweet spot
    - haste to 4198/4717 for extra dot ticks
    - gem mastery over int, especially at higher ilvls of gear

most of which are based upon the numbers brought about by simcraft. i personally use simcraft as well, but i only take the simmed stat weights with a pinch of salt and reforge the way i feel would be more beneficial to my playstyle. so far its been been working well for me, i guess.

also, be aware that the action priorities in simcraft may not be the same or even similar to how you would actually play in a raid situation. just by modifying or adding a few more lines, if you know how to, would totally skew your stat weights the other way round.

for example, here are a few things which are demonstrated in the default action priority list in simc but is actually different to what i do in game:
    - casting haunt off cd
    - popping engi gloves/dark soul/blood fury off cd
    - prioritising haunt over sb:ss for soul shard usage (multi-target)
    - refreshing dots at a set remaining duration rather than proactively (proactive in this case = clipping dots earlier/later depending on procs)

its a bit hard for me to go into even more detail here, but the TL;DR version would be something like this:

- going for mastery > int > hit 12-13% > haste > crit, and following the simcraft default priority, will allow you to do as much DPS as simcraft shows.
    - going for int > hit cap > mastery > haste > crit, casting haunt and clipping dots proactively during proc-stacking periods might allow you to do even more DPS than what simcraft shows you.

of course, i don't have the maths to back my theory up, except for some ranked WoL parses (and i'd probably be able to get higher parses this week due to a huge weapon upgrade), and i don't really have the time to play around much with simcraft compared to back in t12 when i was modifying simcraft priorities for BoD snapshotting as demonology. so try it out if you want, but i won't confirm or say that my way is definitely better than the generic advice that others have been giving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot man!

I want this alt to be ready soon for some alt raiding.

So I will just aim for -

13% hit ( 15% atm )
    4717 haste ( 5790 atm )
    and will reforge everything to mastery when I will have these numbers done

And yea I think I do things allright. Was just checking our logs from the first week of raiding in MOP and guys from my guild was pushing there like 40 - 50k DPS approx on the bosses on the first night in Vaults ( I think I will catch these numbers also with more gear coming from HCs). I pushed like 45k DPS on Garajal LFR.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-11-07 at 09:55 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple