Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lost Shores heads up!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...hores-Heads-Up

Martin Kerstein

Something is stirring in the Sea of Sorrows – and we want to make sure that you are not missing out, so here is a schedule (without spoilers) for you, so you can plan ahead:

•On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss. This will trigger events in other parts of Tyria as well.

•On Saturday November 17th at noon PST (20:00 GMT), another phase will kick in.

Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time. There is one exception:

The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there! There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday.

We will give you more details once we get closer to the event, but wanted to give you an early heads up so you can plan accordingly.
    Valar morghulis

Will a level 30 be able to participate? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes!

(it starts in Lion's Arch)
    Valar morghulis

Not a big fan of how the stuff starts off in the MIDDLE of a work/school day for most people. I mean seriously, how retarded does Anet have to be to make a piss poor decision like that? And if you then can't make the one time event on Sunday, you might as well forget about the whole damn thing. These one time events are already starting to leave a sour taste in many people's mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Not a big fan of how the stuff starts off in the MIDDLE of a work/school day for most people. I mean seriously, how retarded does Anet have to be to make a piss poor decision like that? And if you then can't make the one time event on Sunday, you might as well forget about the whole damn thing. These one time events are already starting to leave a sour taste in many people's mouths.
    It's either that or you're 8 hours behind the rest of the world with the events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Full 24 hours to experience it.

I'm no fan of one time only events, but if you're around that weekend and not out on vacation/business trip, you have plenty of opportunity to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Full 24 hours to experience it.

I'm no fan of one time only events, but if you're around that weekend and not out on vacation/business trip, you have plenty of opportunity to participate.
    It says it's a one time only event chain that will run a few hours, so no, there isn't 24 hours to experience it.

Starts at 9am on Monday for me... lol

Yeah, it starts in the middle of my shift. For all three phases. Cute, that I get to miss this for "prime-time" (I can get Sunday, but how is Friday noon "prime time"?)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Highest concurrency and all that.
    Valar morghulis

I love 1-time events. Makes 'em feel special/important.

Been too busy with other games to follow this in-game though. Will log on for that week for sure.

Deleted
    I wish they had more stuff like this, it would make the game a lot more fun and what I'd do in the game would have some meaning to it.

Deleted
    16th November = my mothers 60th birthday, 17th November = My husbands 30th birthday..... sorry guys, gonna go play guild wars.... I guess that would not end well :P

will be there for sure! I like the idea of a special once only event.

hopefully whatever we fight/encounter will be huge and impressive.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    "There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday."

The last one time event was a cut-scene, So ppl didnt miss much. This one time event will prolly be the opening of the portal to the new area and im guessing sea creatures will rush through it and attack us. So again these one time events are just for flavor. Your not missing anything although it is still fun to be on to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    16th November = my mothers 60th birthday, 17th November = My husbands 30th birthday..... sorry guys, gonna go play guild wars.... I guess that would not end well :P
    They're just birthdays. It's not like you are celebrating 24 hours on the 16th & 17th.

You'll have tiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Birthdays happen annually, this happens but once! Plus, there are more hours in the day than you need for either

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Love stuff like this. I hope most of the events in GW2 end up being one time things.

Deleted
    Take Friday off (or monday if thats the case), play GW2 if you really want to see the events. This times are just perfect to Some parts of Europe, in my case, just starts at dinner time... Not missing a thing!

Why couldn't they start it on saturday dammit? T^T
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.