Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I wonder whether it's intended or a bug.
    Or an intended bug?
    So they can later say, there we fixed ya.

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Ah ok yes I misunderstood the post sorry

  3. #23
    The OP is right. I noticed this while testing BF mechanics on the beta. I would sunder one target dummy then note the blade flurry damage. The secondary target did not benefit from the sunder.

    It MIGHT be worthwhile to see if blade flurry double-dips from damage buffs (buffs on you, as opposed to debuffs on your target), but I'd be very surprised if it did--I've not noticed BF double-dipping from deep insight, for example.

  4. #24
    Instead of creating a new thread concerning this, I decided it would fit in here.

    Garalon Changes
    [...]
    With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.
    source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006896797#1
    This ends the era of doubled Blade Flurry I guess as this was the only boss left where this was working.

  5. #25
    RIP Rogue Supremacy on empowered cleaves.

    Edit: damage down and the same effect. Joyous.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-11-10 at 10:16 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    RIP Rogue Supremacy on empowered cleaves. At least we get to keep increased body-leg damage on cleaves eh. Makes the fight even simpler as a rogue... flurry on/off and rotate around the boss as needed.
    I guess you should still attack the leg, because the +100 % http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123235 is more profit to mainhand stuff, than BF.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The cleave damage is based on the damage taken on original target, its the same with SS on Arms. Copies damage done and does it to other, regardless of debuffs on other targets.
    No it aint. I have seen this myself.
    Crittical hits get copied as normal hits etc etc.

  8. #28
    I do recall something being mentioned by Blizz in regards to the buff/debuff system on mobs, and how it would affect some abilities.
    "Kick in their face with your fist" -phlover

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I guess you should still attack the leg, because the +100 % http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123235 is more profit to mainhand stuff, than BF.
    Flurry isn't an offhand attack (damage x2 is damage x2 regardless of MH/OH/being a flurry), but your objection does point out that poisons are still target-specific and better used with the buff.

  10. #30
    So BF won't be as OP for specific fights when compared to other classes; however, we're still railroaded into the spec for every cleave fight. :[

  11. #31
    An updated explanation of the changed mechanic of blade flurry:
    "Note that this works both ways. If you Sinister Strike a target that has a 50% damage reduction effect on it, your Blade Flurry will still do full damage to a secondary target, which previously would not have been the case.

    The pending hotfix addresses a bug specific to the Garalon encounter which cause these new rules to not apply. Abilities that can hit a leg and the body simultaneously will still be extremely effective on the boss."

    Managing main and off-targets is now (less) of a priority for flurry based on damage taken buffs/debuffs.

  12. #32
    Well, i think it is a good decision, Double-dipping damage buffs was clearly not intended/controlled.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    An updated explanation of the changed mechanic of blade flurry:
    "Note that this works both ways. If you Sinister Strike a target that has a 50% damage reduction effect on it, your Blade Flurry will still do full damage to a secondary target, which previously would not have been the case.

    The pending hotfix addresses a bug specific to the Garalon encounter which cause these new rules to not apply. Abilities that can hit a leg and the body simultaneously will still be extremely effective on the boss."

    Managing main and off-targets is now (less) of a priority for flurry based on damage taken buffs/debuffs.
    This was not the case on Amber Shaper the first week. Unless this hotfix was not just to address a specific bug on Garalon, they still have some tinkering to do.

  14. #34
    It's funny, I'm still losing to fire mages in the ideal combat rogue fights.

    But a single target fight I have to totally respec/reforge. Must be nice to be the best in all situations.
    Last edited by Knuckle; 2012-11-11 at 09:10 AM.

  15. #35
    How did it work on Rhyolith?

    If you are attacking the left leg and doing 10% damage, would you then be doing 1% to the right leg through Blade Flurry? I always wondered, but I never cared enough to actually check.

    note: that is assuming that BF copies 100% of the damage done across.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    It's funny, I'm still losing to fire mages in the ideal combat rogue fights.

    But a single target fight I have to totally respec/reforge. Must be nice to be the best in all situations.
    How in the world did you lose to a mage on garalon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    How did it work on Rhyolith?

    If you are attacking the left leg and doing 10% damage, would you then be doing 1% to the right leg through Blade Flurry? I always wondered, but I never cared enough to actually check.

    note: that is assuming that BF copies 100% of the damage done across.
    That was true I'm pretty sure. However according to the blue, that will also not happen now. You can't double dip on damage bonuses, but you also don't get double dipped on by reductions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, i think it is a good decision, Double-dipping damage buffs was clearly not intended/controlled.
    Considering the extremely long amount of time that mechanic has been there, it clearly was intended. They simply now decided they don't like it and changed it.

  17. #37
    I have to apologize too. I switched my main character to a Monk, and I was just going on how Blade Flurry has worked in the game the entire time it's existed... up until now apparently. This change is really lame and boring to me, and I hate how it was undocumented, but oh well. Thank you for bringing this to light. And I'm sorry. There are a lot of oblivious people on these forums that think they know better, and I assumed about you too quickly.

    Now I just want to go test on Halfus and see if this is a thing exclusive to Mists of Pandaria bosses, or if it's a global change to the skill. My bet is on the latter because I don't think it's possible to do the former, but you never know with WoW.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    I have to apologize too. I switched my main character to a Monk, and I was just going on how Blade Flurry has worked in the game the entire time it's existed... up until now apparently. That's really lame and boring to me, but oh well. Thank you for bringing this to light. And I'm sorry. There are a lot of oblivious people on these forums that think they know better, and I assumed about you too quickly.

    Now I just want to go test on Halfus and see if this is a thing exclusive to Mists of Pandaria bosses, or if it's a global change to the skill. My bet is on the latter, but you never know with WoW.
    Blue post said its a global change. If you do test it though and it shows otherwise, let me know

  19. #39
    Well, the CM post made it sound like they were only "fixing" these cleave abilities for Garalon, but thanks to this thread I think you're right that it's a core change to the skill, so bah. Also, in this new context the OP's post (before the hotfix) makes a lot more sense!

  20. #40
    Good that the only fight where rogues could shine is now the same as the others.

    Makes me want to play my Fury warrior as main more and more ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •