Elephant and Donkey= Political Party Stereotypes?

Is it just me or do the symbols used to represent the 2 major US political parties reflect the generalized stereotypes of that particular party?

As in Democrats=" Dumb as a Donkey", and Republicans=" Giant, overbearing Bigwig elephants" Is this a coincidence?

(I am not party bashing here. It's just that they seem to represent what i hear from many people as the political party stereotypes.)

I've never heard of those, but I'm guessing someone could come up with something negative like that no matter what animal the party picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I've never heard of those, but I'm guessing someone could come up with something negative like that no matter what animal the party picks.
    Hear it all the time. "Damn greedy republicans or my friends go stupid democrats can't do a thing."

So wait, the Democrat symbol is a dumbass?

Makes sense.

Deleted
    I never got why they used those animals in the first place. Elephants and donkeys are as unamerican as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

Makes sense.
    Republicans are scared of mice?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Republicans are scared of mice?
    Is that really the best retort you could come up with?

I am disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that really the best retort you could come up with?

I am disappoint.
    Seriously, that was a pretty shit comeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Makes sense.
    and Republicans, like elephants, are a dying breed..

makes sense

I used to think it was the other way around.

Democrats the wise elephants, social creatures that care about each other and never forget the lessons of the past.

Republicans the Donkey (Ass), a stubborn animal with limited intelligence and caring for it's own kind but works very hard independently.

I guess I have outsiders bias.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2012-11-06 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I used to think it was the other way around.

Democrats the wise elephants, social creatures that care about each other and never forget the lessons of the past.

Republicans the Donkey (Ass), a stubborn animal with limited intelligence and caring for it's own kind but works very hard independantly.

I guess I have outsiders bias.
    I thought I was the only one, damn...

found a little article about the symbols.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tvxm/t...%20Animals.htm
    The Democrats think of the elephant as bungling, stupid, pompous and conservative -- but the Republicans think it is dignified, strong and intelligent. On the other hand, the Republicans regard the donkey as stubborn, silly and ridiculous -- but the Democrats claim it is humble, homely, smart, courageous and loveable.

I think the parties should update their symbols to more accurately reflect themselves.

Republican symbol would be Jesus wrapped in an American flag and carrying a rifle, while standing in front of an abortion clinic with his arm held out in a "stop" gesture

Democrats would be a young black man and young hispanic man sitting hip-to-hip on a rainbow-colored couch sharing a joint and playing video games

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I think the parties should update their symbols to more accurately reflect themselves.

Republican symbol would be Jesus wrapped in an American flag and carrying a rifle, while standing in front of an abortion clinic with his arm held out in a "stop" gesture

Democrats would be a young black man and young hispanic man sitting hip-to-hip on a rainbow-colored couch sharing a joint and playing video games

If those were the symbols, i'd have trouble deciding who to vote for.

The deomcrat couch needs multi-religious symbols on it though, like those annoying Coexist stickers

also it needs to be a hispanic woman
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, can someone tell me how the two symbols originated from start?

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed. Don't need a party bashing thread today.