Cool How to get the Darkmoon Rabbit (or get the That Rabbit's Dynamite! achievement)

How to get the Darkmoon Rabbit

The Darkmoon Rabbit can be found in a cave on the beach, south east of the Darkmoon Faire grounds. It is a neutral NPC but turn hostile once you tag it.

How to kill it:
    1. Get a small raid of 90s together. (Don't really need tanks, as the rabbit has no agro tables)
    2. Group close to the entrance of the cave. Be careful to not LoS the boss when he targets you, as he easily evade bugs.
    3. He will jump on a random raid members and use HUGE, SHARP TEETH!, fear you, and probably kill you if you have no healers.
    4. If you die, release and run back.
    5. PROFIT?

Everybody in the raid will get the achievement That Rabbit's Dynamite! once the rabbit dies. Though only one person will get pet.

NPC Scan instructions: (courtesy of someone on WoWhead)
    1. Open NPCScan options (type /npcscan)
    2. Go to the search options menu
    3. Type in 58336 in the NPC ID, select Darkmoon Faire in the drop down for World field, Type Darkmoon Rabbit in the name field. Then hit the ( + ) symbol to the right side to add it to your list of NPCs to search for.
    Last edited by PANDA EXPRESS; 2012-11-06 at 07:15 AM.

More info never hurts...unless this is a repost on MMOC.

Anyway, this lil guy is awesome. I was lucky enough to roll a 99 on my very first (and only) kill!

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    More info never hurts...unless this is a repost on MMOC.

Anyway, this lil guy is awesome. I was lucky enough to roll a 99 on my very first (and only) kill!
    Did a quick search and it doesn't look like a repost. But color me jealous! I killed it a few times already and have always lost to someone else. /qq

what is the spawn timer like on the rabbit?

Deleted
    I wonder if he's doable with like 5-7 people. And does anyone actually know how much the pet is worth gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    I wonder if he's doable with like 5-7 people. And does anyone actually know how much the pet is worth gold?
    a lot

https://theunderminejournal.com/item...don&item=80008

First time he appeared sold for 150kg on my server - medium pop. Now you can buy for 75kg when it appears in AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    (Don't really need tanks, as the rabbit has no agro tables)
    It has a normal aggro table and can be tanked without a problem. 75% of the time it sits on someones head though.

I was offered 75k by someone who participated in my kill but knowing the rarity of the pet and being kinda rich myself I didn't bother to negotiate or even listened for a second offer.... learned the pet right there at the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    It has a normal aggro table and can be tanked without a problem. 75% of the time it sits on someones head though.
    Tanked without a problem yet is only targeting the tank 25% of the time. :P

Seriously though, it doesn't matter too much. He'll almost always be on someones face. As long as you have healers, it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post

How to get the Darkmoon Rabbit

The Darkmoon Rabbit can be found in a cave on the beach, south east of the Darkmoon Faire grounds. It is a neutral NPC but turn hostile once you tag it.

How to kill it:
    1. Get a small raid of 90s together. (Don't really need tanks, as the rabbit has no agro tables)
    2. Group close to the entrance of the cave. Be careful to not LoS the boss when he targets you, as he easily evade bugs.
    3. He will jump on a random raid members and use HUGE, SHARP TEETH!, fear you, and probably kill you if you have no healers.
    4. If you die, release and run back.
    5. PROFIT?

Everybody in the raid will get the achievement That Rabbit's Dynamite! once the rabbit dies. Though only one person will get pet.

NPC Scan instructions: (courtesy of someone on WoWhead)
    1. Open NPCScan options (type /npcscan)
    2. Go to the search options menu
    3. Type in 58336 in the NPC ID, select Darkmoon Faire in the drop down for World field, Type Darkmoon Rabbit in the name field. Then hit the ( + ) symbol to the right side to add it to your list of NPCs to search for.
    just killed it on my server. we had a raid of 23 people with about 5 85-89s. Almost wiped due to some alliance trying to gank us while fighting the boss, but other then that it went smoothly. definitely doable with a raid of less.

Quote Originally Posted by RentedStation View Post
    just killed it on my server. we had a raid of 23 people with about 5 85-89s. Almost wiped due to some alliance trying to gank us while fighting the boss, but other then that it went smoothly. definitely doable with a raid of less.
    Grats, glad I could help

If that blue line is supposed to be the alliance's path, then i love that map.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If that blue line is supposed to be the alliance's path, then i love that map.
    Haha it could be. But it was supposed to be cool dudes with engineer gliders