Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    My First Ever Protection Paladin Lich King 10man Solo "ask anything you want"

    This kill means a lot to me due to the time i put into getting my Orginal LK kill back in wrath and finally after so long i have been solo him

    From 1:20-6:40 is the fight itself anything before and after is the RP scene's

    Before anyone yells at me i know this kill has been done a lot i just wanted everyone to check it out.

    Remember to watch in 720p or 1080p if u can.


    This kill happen 11/06/2012

    This is my first ever Lich King Solo. I really do hope everyone enjoys the video.
    This was done on my main Landore - Level 90 - Protection Paladin
    It took me 23 try's to finally kill him.

    For Phase 1.5 "Transition Phase 1" I decided to try to eat the AOE and hope that my AOE attacks would kill the orbs as they come down. It is kinda RNG based on that part cause if a orb drops on you its a instance death. I got the idea for this on my 22nd try and tested it.

    Healing threw that aoe itself was not that big of a deal because since i had so many adds useing HOR healed me a good amount.

    But transition phase 2 i could not do the same thing due to not having many add's to hit and heal off of.

    I try'ed this many different ways until on my 22nd try i got the transition phase idea i tested it then died and went for the kill on my 23rd try.

    Each time before i was hitting enrage around 14-18% to up my dps time by a lot i decided to test my idea on the transition phase 1 and it worked .

    This is my first ever solo kill of The Lich King.

    If you have any Questions feel free to ask me ill reply asap.

    If you have any solo's u want to see me try to do even if its a wipe feel free to ask and if i feel there worth a video ill make one.

    "This was done after the vengeance hotfix so it would not scale stupid high"

    Sorry for the low Res size video its due to having to use a old mountier cause my flatscreen stopped working.

    Also the talents used and the gear used is showed at the end of the video.

    My Computer Spec Is
    Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600
    Video Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6450 1GB DDR3
    Resolution: 1280 x 1024.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-06 at 09:14 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  2. #2
    Congratulations !

    It's always nice to see other classes than DK soloing stuff (I play a DK myself)
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Congratulations !

    It's always nice to see other classes than DK soloing stuff (I play a DK myself)
    tyvm i worked my ass off for that kill LOL the fight itself is from From 1:20-6:40 before and after is the Rp scene's i really wanted to keep those in

    Edit: I always try to push my prot pally on solo's and I don't mind showing what I did to do them.
    The gear and talents is showed at the end of the video.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-06 at 09:18 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  4. #4
    Well grats to you!

    Well one thing I have to comment on is that the recount window is the widest i've seen so far

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,139
    Wow, and I thought I was cool for killing kel'thuzad 25 solo.

  6. #6
    Congratz on kill, I am only annoyed with you not keybinding your abilitys xD Idk, it just makes me think people are less skilled (new to the game or any MMO), though it's often not the case. Considering you didn't have to use any major cooldowns, what about trying Lich King 25m, just to test if you got a chance there aswell. Or maybe 10 hc, I am not sure of the current dmg for thoose fights and how huge the difference is Just throwing out some idea's xD

    Best of luck anyways

    Edit: I guess enrage would be hard

  7. #7
    did you turn off the instance buff?

  8. #8
    Very nice! Always feels good to do these things by ones self.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Well grats to you!

    Well one thing I have to comment on is that the recount window is the widest i've seen so far
    Why u say that?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    Congratz on kill, I am only annoyed with you not keybinding your abilitys xD Idk, it just makes me think people are less skilled (new to the game or any MMO), though it's often not the case. Considering you didn't have to use any major cooldowns, what about trying Lich King 25m, just to test if you got a chance there aswell. Or maybe 10 hc, I am not sure of the current dmg for thoose fights and how huge the difference is Just throwing out some idea's xD

    Best of luck anyways

    Edit: I guess enrage would be hard
    I though about doing 25m or heroic 10 but it all depends the damage. if it wasn't for the fact i healed threw Transition Phase 1 i would still be dieing to enrage lol.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    did you turn off the instance buff?
    No its on.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    Congratz on kill, I am only annoyed with you not keybinding your abilitys xD Idk, it just makes me think people are less skilled (new to the game or any MMO), though it's often not the case. Considering you didn't have to use any major cooldowns, what about trying Lich King 25m, just to test if you got a chance there aswell. Or maybe 10 hc, I am not sure of the current dmg for thoose fights and how huge the difference is Just throwing out some idea's xD

    Best of luck anyways

    Edit: I guess enrage would be hard
    I never really use keybinding I know its weird but I feel it takes more skill to not use it just my personally opinion tho
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Grievuuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ringsted, Denmark.
    Posts
    1,307
    Lol nice, no keybinds, that takes me back.. Oh nostalgia xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Umm, skinny guys with abs are like a fat girl with big boobs. It don't really count.
    Grievuuz#2550
    Skype: Kjarlot

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    It's always nice to see other classes than DK soloing stuff (I play a DK myself)
    So you solod him at 85 like all the other dk's? :X
    Look! Words!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Lol nice, no keybinds, that takes me back.. Oh nostalgia xD
    Ya i never really used keybinds even raiding current content i never use them it kinda feels like more Skill/Fun to me just personal opinion tho.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    So you solod him at 85 like all the other dk's? :X
    I think what he means is every time you turn around its a DK soloing something and that at level 90 DK vs LK is a faceroll.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-06 at 04:11 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  13. #13
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    So you solod him at 85 like all the other dk's? :X
    Well, I did on my paladin at 85. I don't really understand why this needs it's own topic. There's plenty of this in the Paladin Solo thread.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:08 PM ----------

    [/COLOR]I think what he means is every time you turn around its a DK soloing something and that at level 90 DK vs LK is a faceroll.
    Grats on the kill, not to put you down or anything but if you say a dk soloing it at 90 is faceroll, you might wanna re think, boss is doable by a pally at 90 VERY easily, the only challenge was at 85 honestly, again gratz but you can't say LK is "Faceroll" by any means if you do it at 90, and more to the fact that a single hammer of the righteous will fully heal you in aoe situations.

  15. #15
    Grats on this kill, good to see a pally doing it!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Well, I did on my paladin at 85. I don't really understand why this needs it's own topic. There's plenty of this in the Paladin Solo thread.
    Because i worked hard on it and wanted to share it its not bad to have a topic on MMO sometimes that isn't bashing something.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because i worked hard on it and wanted to share it its not bad to have a topic on MMO sometimes that isn't bashing something.
    His point is that, if someone killed it at 85, killing it at 90 is pathetic to start a thread about it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Grats on the kill, not to put you down or anything but if you say a dk soloing it at 90 is faceroll, you might wanna re think, boss is doable by a pally at 90 VERY easily, the only challenge was at 85 honestly, again gratz but you can't say LK is "Faceroll" by any means if you do it at 90, and more to the fact that a single hammer of the righteous will fully heal you in aoe situations.
    A single HoR will heal me if there is a decent amount of adds there to hit and get heals off of.

    Also level 90 dk vs LK 10man normal is faceroll. Hell i got a level 90dk friend who hs knocked out nearly every boss in ICC10 on heroic and would have a LK kill if it wasn't for the fact his internet got cut off.

    Don't take what i said the wrong way not downing anyone who dose it on any toon but it has been proven time and time again Solo's on Dk's is a lot easyer then other class's.

    Really don't want this to turn into a My class solo's things easyer then yours.

    If you don't have something nice/decent to say please just don't post at all.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 07:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    His point is that, if someone killed it at 85, killing it at 90 is pathetic to start a thread about it.
    And my point is it was not faceroll as a level 90 prot pally"with just decent gear" and at 85 you needed the best of best gear to pull it off. I know in the video i made it look faceroll easy but it wasn't.

    As i just said don't have anything nice/decent to say just don't post at all.

    Its more Pathetic to bash someone on something they did and enjoyed doing just because you got nothing better to do.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-06 at 07:14 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And my point is it was not faceroll as a level 90 prot pally"with just decent gear" and at 85 you needed the best of best gear to pull it off. I know in the video i made it look faceroll easy but it wasn't.

    As i just said don't have anything nice/decent to say just don't post at all.

    Its more Pathetic to bash someone on something they did and enjoyed doing just because you got nothing better to do.
    I never said it was easy. The point still remains, someone (more-so especially someone of your class) did it at 85, which had a LOT less stats (especially HP) on the gear and making a thread about soloing it at 90 is dumb.

    Why do you think people won't be making threads when their guild clears 6/6h (MSV) when they are all decked in T15 gear and a 30% debuff. It's pointless... to make a thread about it.

    Also, I'm not bashing you for doing something you found fun, I'm bashing you for making a thread about it.

  20. #20
    MOUSE CLICKER!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

    Jk, grats bro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •