Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So wait Pizza, first you praise one of the best and bugged games of almost 10 years ago, and now you basically bash it?

I AM CONFUSED INFIDEL!

Did I mention almost 10 years ago?
    I'm pointing out the good as well as the bad. Even if it was given a top-notch makeover and had all the development time it needed, it'd still be operating on a fucking silly stat system - but that's on White Wolf, not Troika. The stats system makes no real sense because you have so many places to spend XP that only affect a single feat. So why not just let you put points into the feat directly or something?

On Troika's end, there's also a few stats/feats that don't really have any use in the game... intimidation, investigation, and research is only of limited use.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

@Pizza

Yeah, WW Storyteller system can have some issues. Some skills are too broad and others too specific. It is why a good storyteller will emphasize role-play over roll-play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    @Pizza

Yeah, WW Storyteller system can have some issues. Some skills are too broad and others too specific. It is why a good storyteller will emphasize role-play over roll-play.
    Yeah. I was reading up on how VtM is played in PnP and it seemed like it's really designed to be reliant on a really good DM, so many things seemed to be "they're canon if the group decides they are."
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

yeah animations are a tad stiff, it is a pity Troika had some good titles and did some good job storywise, but never had the funding needed to actually FINISH the games lol.
    Most of them were released in what could be called alpha or pre alpha, but the game is quite good nonetheless.

Aaaand yeah it needs patching.
    But the attention to detail, minor things, openness and immersion are all quite good, specially if you play as a Malkavian I believe its their name?
    Such potential, so little funding and strict timelines.

Anyone else quickly click this thread without reading the entire title thinking it was a mega-thread about the upcoming MMO set in the same universe as this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    Anyone else quickly click this thread without reading the entire title thinking it was a mega-thread about the upcoming MMO set in the same universe as this game?
    Not sure what the name for that game is, but I know the guys behind EVE, CCP, are making it, so we know they know what they're doing. EVE isn't for everyone but I don't think you can deny that it's a fantastic MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not sure what the name for that game is, but I know the guys behind EVE, CCP, are making it, so we know they know what they're doing. EVE isn't for everyone but I don't think you can deny that it's a fantastic MMO.
    It's simply called World of Darkness last time I checked. Though it's taking quite some time and you rarely hear anything new about it. While it sounds promising I just hope it isn't dead before launch.

God damn I love this game. I still play it every once in a while, just to remind myself that there is still hope for games in this world. The atmosphere and general "feel" of this game is arguably the most unique thing in, well, any game I've ever played (along with Diablo 2, the original Fable and as of late, Skyrim). There's just something so melancholic, dark, depressing and yet familiar that makes me want to revisit all the quests and locations and relive the experience. Sure the combat is clunky and somewhat weird, the textures and animations wonky and comical (when you compare it to Half Life 2 which is the prime example of the Source engine potency) but you can really admire the work of Troika in building a believable world of the night... This is the real game you'd want to play if you're a vampire fanatic... all the mythos, all the things that make it so appealing, is there and it shines a much needed light on the whole horror theme.

As I write this, I remembered my first Malkavian character and how incredible it was to role-play as a deranged killing machine, with dialogue vastly different than any other clan and some really innovative ideas in terms of combat and stealth.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to experience a game with arguably the best atmosphere (and forgot to add, SOUNDTRACK, Jesus the soundtrack rocks so freaking much). out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad that the music is so well done because you can barely hear it in most areas and can't adjust the music volume independent of sound volume. About the only time the music is loud enough to be clearly heard over game sounds is inside the clubs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    God damn I love this game. I still play it every once in a while, just to remind myself that there is still hope for games in this world. The atmosphere and general "feel" of this game is arguably the most unique thing in, well, any game I've ever played (along with Diablo 2, the original Fable and as of late, Skyrim). There's just something so melancholic, dark, depressing and yet familiar that makes me want to revisit all the quests and locations and relive the experience. Sure the combat is clunky and somewhat weird, the textures and animations wonky and comical (when you compare it to Half Life 2 which is the prime example of the Source engine potency) but you can really admire the work of Troika in building a believable world of the night... This is the real game you'd want to play if you're a vampire fanatic... all the mythos, all the things that make it so appealing, is there and it shines a much needed light on the whole horror theme.

As I write this, I remembered my first Malkavian character and how incredible it was to role-play as a deranged killing machine, with dialogue vastly different than any other clan and some really innovative ideas in terms of combat and stealth.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to experience a game with arguably the best atmosphere (and forgot to add, SOUNDTRACK, Jesus the soundtrack rocks so freaking much). out there.
    I still remember going into 1 of the dance pubs and just stand their dancing to the awesome music. Suddenly BAMN +1 humanity. It was like my 10th playthrough and I never knew it.