Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As long as you carry yourself with a big attitude, your height won't matter anywhere that actually counts.

Also, facial hair if you're worried about your short appearance. A little scruff will detract from your height. It's amazing what a little facial hair can do. Minor cure for height, weight, baldness, etc.

OP I'd recommend counseling over asking advice on a gaming forum.

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    -snip-
    I can only say one piece of wisdom. We all live in our own hells, and we all suffer equally.

You are short with some joint issues.
    I'm tall with emotional issues going bad to childhood.
    So and so is homosexual in a Very religious family and will be disowned if they come out of the closet.
    So and so had abusive family and was sexually assaulted by a family member.

I can think of a bunch of horrible things people have to live with, instead of thinking about the disadvantages think of what you have. You must be somewhat smart, you said you use to be witty but now your emotions have gotten the better of you.

My suggestion is grow a beard, wear rough masculine clothing and if anyone gives you crap about being short warn them you have a battle hammer in the car and Dwarves remember stupid elves. You will completely throw people off guard. If that doesn't work for you move closer to Mexico ie LA or San Diego, because Natural blooded Mexican Indians are usually 5'1"-5'4" meaning the average height in LA and San Diego is much short than in mostly White areas. Personally I wish I was in the low 5 foot range I hate being head and shoulders taller than most of the people in Los Angeles.

Well why don't you try moving somewhere else?, last Cristmast i went to US and i´m, normally, considered to be tall, but when i were there i felt... so small, is just like Gothic said, Mexican people are normally smaller (many of latin american people are smaller, and asian people -well... don't go to Brazil, they are quite tall-) also IMHO you should try to go to a psycologist, case sometimes your life sucks because of what you think also they can help you to feel better about yourself and that will help you a lot in your daily life

The average Bolivian male is 160 cm. You could go there and be tall! When I was in Bolivia people would literally stop what they were doing so that they could have their picture taken with the giant American, more than a foot taller than their average male. I usually tried not to notice it too much, but it was very striking when I was in a very crowded area.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-01-14 at 04:28 PM.
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    That's impossible. I can't believe that.
    When I joined the Marines in 1989 I was 5'9" by the time I got out in 1992 I was 6'2" that was 5 inches in 3 years.

Also look up David "the Admiral" Robinson who played center for the San Antonio Spurs. He was about 6'7" when he joined the Naval Academy, by the time he was in the NBA he was 7' foot tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    When I joined the Marines in 1989 I was 5'9" by the time I got out in 1992 I was 6'2" that was 5 inches in 3 years.

Also look up David "the Admiral" Robinson who played center for the San Antonio Spurs. He was about 6'7" when he joined the Naval Academy, by the time he was in the NBA he was 7' foot tall.
    Those stories are believable. 1 foot in a year (after 20) is not.

smoking weed
    if you suffer from depression I would recommend not doing weed. Since it is a natural depressant. Now if you where Bio-Polar weed can reduce the manic periods, but that gets really bad because using drugs like weed to treat emotions is not healthy. I would say drink coffee and talk to a shrink. The coffee is a natural way to fight depression with out inhaling smoke which can damage the lungs. COPD is caused from breathing in smoke, any smoke even BBQ. I have COPD and it sucks.

You were born short, you were not born a pussy. Dont be one.

I'm not addicted to WoW, I haven't been in pretty much a year or more...I used to be in a US top 50 guild, playing 8+ hours a day...
    I'm an addict.

Cigarettes 22 year addiction, clean for 8 months.
    Pot 9 year addiction, Clean for 10 years.
    Heroin 1 year addiction, Clean for 19.
    Computer Games 28 year addiction, not clean.

You are an addict type personality, I can tell from reading they way you talk about things. Playing an video game for 8+hours a day is a sure sign of addiction, so you are currently clean from WOW, gratz. Now see professional help.

Sean Connery prematurely balded at that age too. Look at him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Hey man, things could be worse.

You could be 22 and have your hair falling out of the back of your head already!

Try to grow some facial hair like some said. You look cute and I doubt your height will bother you too much when it comes to getting a girlfriend. Also this guy is the same size as you are (also 5ft) and has a "normal" girlfriend - what is normal anyway nowadays: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VanVelzen. Ok he might be famous, but still, it gives hope for you and some food for thought (I hope). Just don't let it bring you down .

... I just got back from Cabo with my family for Christmas break, most of the staff were shorter Hispanic guys age 23-40, I got along with these guys very well, we drank in the bar together after hours, they loved me...they treat me like an adult regardless of my size. Of course they laugh and stuff when I drink but no rude comments...
    See Move to someplace with a large Hispanic community, learn Spanish, get a degree and work in the Hispanic community. Want to know something Latinas can be really hot. Also Los Angeles has a large hispanic community and no one gives a crap about size. Earlier I said I'm head and shoulders taller than most it's true here. I'm 6'2", so you do the math head and shoulders are about 12".

I've learned that a beard can make people look quite a bit older. So maybe try growing one of those. It might take a while and it will probably look like shit for a month or two but it could be worth a shot.

Also 1.5 meters isn't that small but maybe you could join a support group of sorts. I'm sure there must be a lot of people with similar problems.

Best of luck to you mate, and I hope it get's better.

Frodo was like half your height and he saved Middle-Earth. Choose to be a Frodo.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Your life problems aren't because of your height.

Nor are you 'done growing' at almost 21. I put on a foot between 22 and 23 years old.

5 feet tall is not a midget, so of course you don't have the different shaped limbs.

Don't blame what you view as physical problems for your situation. If you can't accept what is and move on, then why do you expect anyone else to accept you?
    Growing a foot between 22-23 sounds very unusual. Most people stop growing by 18-19 unless they have some weird hormone thing going on.

Final piece of advise take acting classes, Hollywood is always hiring actors who look younger to play teenagers. It sounds crazy but you should look into it, you could get 3-5 years of film work as doing teen roles. Johny Depp and Micheal J Fox are both actors who go into the film industry because of young looks.

How you carry yourself, shows other people how you think about yourself. Yeah people are saying "be a man", and I agree with them, but you are right when you say you cant just wake up one day and be a completely different person. With that being said, heres an extremely interesting/educational video (Below) on body language that I believe can help you. I guess this can be a beginning for you.
    Also, for your girl problem, sounds like you just need to work on your game!! Practice talking to girls, and once your confidence improves in yourself, people around you will notice.
    I would also recommend to stop hanging out with people younger than you, how is that ever going to help you mature? You are who you surround yourself with, and this holds true to this day.
    Lastly, suicidal thoughts? You think taking your life will solve problems? No problem is worth a life.
    Those are my words of advice for you, I hope this helps...

Since I cant post links because im new, I will give you the title to the TeDtalk video.. "Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are ". Search that on youtube or on the tedtalks webpage. I hope this helps

Your weakness is not your height. I'm no taller than you and I'm 28 years old and I STILL get regularly asked at the cinema whether I'm 16+ and thus allowed into the movie. But guess what - I just show them my ID and laugh it off when I see their hilarious face once the see my year of birth... You need to build some character.

You're just searching for excuses by blaming it on your height. And that's a damn easy way to cop out of any problems life throws at you.

I think I'd be more worry about your lack of Paragraph structure.