Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_light_uk View Post
    And I thought my english was bad....

Dude, seriously, you hold yourself back.
    I'm 26 I never had a girlfriend for around 6 years through a massive case of depression.

Before then I was confident skinny guy who was 5'11.... I weighted 50kg... so I Was so underweight even a breeze would blow me away with curly hair.
    I was picked on at school and didn't go because they made my life HELL.

Now I have a stable girlfriend of 4 months, I go to the GYM ( my home made one ) and now weight 69KG.

How? I stopped caring, I stopped caring about others thoughts, others comment and just got on with it.
    I have no job, next to no money but I manage!

Dude: Grow up
    How can you be working out and still weight only 69kg at 5'11"?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Workout without proper nutrition is not going to help you gain any significant weight.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Workout without proper nutrition is not going to help you gain any significant weight.
    Well yeah true. Not everyone works out to get bulky anyway, especially if they have endurance sports hobbies.

step 1: make lots of money

step 2: move to a country that has a low average height

problem solved. guys with lots of money get anything and sleep with any kind of girl they want. if you live somewhere like southeast asia then people are gonna be short anyhow. so you won't feel so bad about it. plus, there are plenty of short women that value a man who can provide over looks. so you can have a girl love you that isn't too tall and she'll genuinely appreciate you as well.

I'm about the same height and I weigh 120.5 LBS (~55kg) and I don't work out.

Honestly OP, you are only slightly shorter than the average height(~5 feet 9 inches). It must be where you live that is messing you up this much if your height is really affecting it. If I knew you I wouldn't even notice your height tbh.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Only? That's quite a bit of weight for 155cm.

5'11" = 180 cm
    My bad in that case then.
    Last edited by Kasami; 2013-01-15 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    5'11" = 180 cm

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    I'd say that's probably a good amount of weight. According to the BMI ratings it's normal.

Mine on the other hand, is underweight.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The thing is, I've always been skinny.
    The problem got worse because I sat and played WoW for 10 hours a day without moving ( other than W.C Breaks ) and low intake of food & taking antidepressant's for nearly 7 years.

I'll post a picture to show you

OP: everyone has their own problems: I was skinny and I'm still skinny really due to my height.

The trick is dude is to stop caring, just like I did. A lot here will comment, that A) I'm not massive, B) I'm still skinny and C) insert random degrading comment here of your choosing.

My response: Your comments fuel my working out and keep me going, I turn that hate into something positive.
    Also, is anyone puts you down they're clearly hurting about something in their life. Take ZERO NOTICE. Just watch the amount of hate when people see the photo's I'm gonna put in this post.
    How little I care I'm bastard proud of myself and so should you be !

Dude if everything else fails: Learn the guitar and go out and rock a nation. PM if you want details on where and how to start I play the bass and I could give you website's/tricks ect to go on.

Peace man !

Last Year: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/picture1h.jpg/

This Year: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cture141k.jpg/

The other day: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cture152q.jpg/

P.S Dude if I can do it and I smoked at least £10 of weed per day, you can do it too man. I cut the drugs, The class A's the Class B's and the Class C as well. Its NOT EASY but I know you can do it IF I CAN DO IT !

P.S.S Dude your a good looking lad Take it from me you are, I'm not BI or anything like that, I consider all people a form of art. And you sir are a good looking lad.

P.S.S.S I'm sorry for my rant on my first post. When i get up I'm a bit of a fucker to deal with... So Sorry on that man!
    Last edited by Dark_light_uk; 2013-01-15 at 12:22 PM.

The thing is, I've always been skinny.
    The problem got worse because I sat and played WoW for 10 hours a day without moving ( other than W.C Breaks ) and low intake of food & taking antidepressant's for nearly 7 years.
    If you don't work out and just play WoW, then it's completely understandable that you're 5'11" and weigh 60-70kg. Anyway from your pics you're still quite skinny, so the weight seems appropriate. It's not like 69kg for your length is unhealthy or anything.

If you don't work out and just play WoW, then it's completely understandable that you're 5'11" and weigh 60-70kg. Anyway from your pics you're still quite skinny, so the weight seems appropriate. It's not like 69kg for your length is unhealthy or anything.
    Indeed, add drug abuse on top....... But that was my own personal battle something that I've beaten
    Like I said, I'm aware there is a lot of work to get closer to my goal and I'm aware what your saying is completely true, but I wanted to give the lad some form of hope.

I quit wow just after MoP and I wasn't really active in Cata either. But the drug abuse only ended as of late of last year.
    I PvP'd a lot of the time and sat around and didn't eat much either.

Either way, my aim is to lift and train with 25kg weight on one arm, I'm at 15kg currently and making small but sustainable progress towards my goal. If I can do it and I started on 4KG weights. SO if I can do it, anyone, repeat ANYONE can do it. There is hope for the OP he just needs to find it!

EDIT: I did say I was around 50kg before I even started lifting.... so please take that into account as well Progress is progress and I'm seriously proud of myself
    Last edited by Dark_light_uk; 2013-01-15 at 12:42 PM.

If you hadn't of mentioned your height, I wouldn't even of noticed it in your pic. You're a cute looking guy, so who gives a crap about your height. The more you focus on it, the bigger you see an issue with it. As a woman, trust me, it's NOT that big a deal to the ladies.

* What women DO notice is a man that lacks confidence and whines like a teen. That's a BIG "no go".
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2013-01-15 at 12:50 PM.

P.S Dude if I can do it and I smoked at least £10 of weed per day, you can do it too man. I cut the drugs, The class A's the Class B's and the Class C as well. Its NOT EASY but I know you can do it IF I CAN DO IT !
    I always respect a guy who has the will power to quit drugs (Not talking about weed that's not a real problem in comparison, cutting down is always good though)
    I also had a problem with drugs (class A's :/), I was 8 stone at 6'1, that is pretty fucking bad. I, cut the crap now i'm up to 12 stone and feeling loads better and more confident in myself.

Ontopic: Personality is a bigger factor than you realize in the grant scheme of things, I have a mate who is just a bit taller than you and a hell of lot uglier, think glasses, crocked teeth and a massive nose. He gets laid more than me, he is a funny out going and confident guy and girls are attracted to that.

Get yourself out of this rut via weightlifting or just general exercise (It helps build confidence and a better outlook on life trust me) Once you have that confidence the rest will follow.
    Last edited by JoeTheHoe; 2013-01-15 at 01:41 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    Hi again!

Why does it matter so much that this girl is young? If you have known her and loved her for a year then surely you can wait for her until she is old enough, right? You seem to be making excuses for everything in your life, why can't you just let yourself be happy? Why does it matter so much what other people think? You will not make it in this world without thick skin I can guarantee that. That is one thing I am very grateful to WoW for is teaching me how to shake things off and have thick skin. Hardcore raiding with a group of guys 3-4 times a week for the past 5 years will definitely teach you something. If some random person walks up to you at a party and says "wow dude you're short" say something witty back! Tell him he has a nose the size of Mt. Rushmore, or that even though you're short his girl would most definitely choose you over him. I guarantee something like that will make the people around you laugh and it will also make that person have more respect for you then if you go running off like a dog with your tail between your legs.

If you want things to change in your life you need to make it happen, it won't just magically change one day without any effort. The hardest lesson I have ever learned in life is that no matter how badly you want everyone to know and understand just how you feel and be sensitive to it they're most likely not going to be, even if they're your closest friend. The majority of the world is selfish and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can have really close friends that still won't pick you up every single time you fall. If you are constantly relying on people to pick you up and dust you off then you won't have anyone there when you fall really hard. You have to rely on yourself, and you have to know that when you constantly expect so much of others you're the one who is selfish, not them. When you're really down and you really need a friend THEN you can ask for help, and if you're there for your friends and family they will be there for you. You also need to be aware that true friends are hard to come by and while you may really enjoy someone's company you can't just expect that person to be everything you want them to be. Be forgiving, but don't be a fool, trust your instincts and don't let every bad thing that happens ruin your life. What I'm really saying is take control of your life and your situation because it is much better to carve your own path then be lead down someone else's.

ain't it true Los Angeles is where it's at‽
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    You got made fun of because you're 6'-2"? Where do you live, with the Oompa Loompas? 6'-2" is of unremarkable height, just slightly taller than the average 5'10-5'11 of males in northern Europe countries and the US/Canada.
    I live in Los Angeles, which has a mostly Hispanic population with an average height of about 5'6", When walking around I am literally head and shoulders taller than most people in Los Angeles, I'm 6'2" I have also lived in Europe, and it was actually strange for me to not be all that tall.

OP: Others have mentioned it, but yeah:
    Hit the gym.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to grow a beard; I don't know if you can grow a good one, but you could try. But seriously: Hit the gym. Some good shoulders and arms paired with a muscled neck will make people stop looking at your height.

Another very good tip is: Don't care about it so much. I guess you're only twenty, which is nasty for you, but in only a few years' time, you're going to get to that point where you'll just accept your height and get on with life. If might be a good idea to realize that it's really only a trivial thing and stop caring as much as you can right now, though.

In metric you are 153cm that is kinda short for average male higth but i dont see that as a problem of any sort. Have you ever considered taking growth hormone or getting your feet extended ( seen something about that on TV ). I think they break your legs and extend them few mm at a time so in all you can get +10-12cm or more? Also there are many people who are shorter then you, some of them made a name of themselves, Peter Dinklage ( from Game of Thrones ) is some 20cm shorter then you, there are many more, some of them are Danny Woodburn, Gary Coleman, Prince ( he is some 5cm taller then you ), Danny Devito and many, many more....

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:55 PM ----------

I go to gym ( now and then ) I eat like a pig, i run 2x week, go swimming and i only have 72kg and I'm as tall as he is. Do you think body mass and muscles comes that EZ? Take away steroids, protein shakes from "builders" and they will lose their weight fast....

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    So I am 5 feet tall and done growing, 20 going on 21 soon. Here is a pic: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5ddae&s=6 I weigh 120lbs and literally can pass for being any age from 12-18. Most people think i'm 16-17 until they meet me. I have scoliosis and a very slight form of dwarfism, as well as hypochondroplasia, as I look like a normal man (no short stubby arms/legs/neck like most dwarfs/midgets.) I have had a very hard life due to my height, Never had a serious relationship, never had sex, I constantly feel used by everyone, my friends use me, I feel like I work harder than others at jobs yet don't get the same recognition, I always feel like I have to do more/show more just to get my way or even be heard. My ankle/knee/hip joints are different than everyone elses, my ankle joints are somewhat inverted, I cannot do near as much physical running and activity as others. I have played golf since I was 4 years old but even then my height stopped me from going anywhere with it because I could not hit the ball near as far as everyone else, and in college the courses they play are build for long hitters. People always say you will look younger when your older, or you will find a shorter girl, or don't let it effect you. But I am so sick of people saying this, I will never listen to anyone taller telling me to not let it effect me because if you really think about it, their ENTIRE life has been different. They are looked at/treated different, I am constantly looked down upon, inferior, the cute little kid, it was great when I was in middle school even early high school, but now everyones in college growing up with girlfriends..even getting married and having kids. I'm 20 going on 21 trapped in a body of a 13 year old guy. How the **** am I just supposed to not let this effect me, when all society shows me is that taller is better, every single couple the guy is taller, clothes are made for taller people. I don't even have many friends anymore, most of the friends I do have are 1-2-3 years younger than me, I party with younger people/girls. I feel that I am trapped/stuck in a high school life because of my height. I even had to move back in with my parents recently, I work at a pizza place, I am taking 1 class online. I constantly think down on myself and it is starting to really effect my life, I think about suicide a lot now more than ever. I am 100% sure that I have the napoleon complex or whatever it's called. Girls think i'm a creep/joke, I am invisible at parties. Yet people expect me to not let it effect me? Yeah it could be worse, I could have down syndrome, or some real mental handicap, but I don't, my mind is the SAME as any other guys, I want girls, happiness, money, cars....I have hormones, I had a great, funny personality but it just seemed to go away as I got older and I am sure this is due to me being so self conscious because it seems to get worse as I age...I need help..I am completely lost, no idea what my future holds, no idea on a career..am I pretty much fucked?

Edit: I also think this is why I got extremely addicted to WoW about 2 tears ago and I had to drop out f college due to it, I quit the game about 5 months ago but in the game no one cared if you were short irl, that's why I liked it so much. Another pic taken about 2 weeks ago: http://oi48.tinypic.com/vhqqb.jpg

I don't often reveal my occupation but, I'm a photographer in my off time and a Cinematographer by trade. I've also produced films and done ghost work on various projects. My father was a professional photographer for years. He graduated from Brooks Institute with the Outstanding Achievement Award. He went on to teach photographers such as nature photographer C. C. Lockwood and former Rolling Stone magazine photographer Mark Seliger. Don't be insecure about your height. I believe in 2011, the average height for males was roughly 5' 10". Many actors are even shorter. Elijah Wood is 5'6"... Michael J. Fox is 5'4"... Dustin Hoffman is 5'5"... Al Pacino is 5'7"... and Tom Cruise is 5'7". Despite the depiction of NFL athletes being 6'4" and 250lbs... many of the greatest players have been shorter. Examples? Darren Sproles is 5'6".... Wes Welker is 5'9"... Ray Rice is 5'8"... Maurice Jones-Drew is 5'7"... the late great Sam Mills was 5'9". It sounds like part of your problem is that you're in the post high school doldrums. You're 20 and probably don't know what you want to do with your life. You're not alone. The best advice I ever received was... find the one thing you love... make that your career path... that way you'll always love what you're doing. Do you like gaming? Then go into 3D modeling or coding. You're not a bad looking dude... I'm a photographer. Looking at your photo... I'd grow your hair out... go for a bed head style with a lot of texture (adds height)... go with long sleeve solid shirts that are a bit urban... I'd recommend purple and charcoal for your flesh tone. You can also add more height with your shoes.

Examples...

Hair Styles --
    http://www.thehairstyler.com/mens-ha...ref=hair_types
    http://www.gq.com.au/style/grooming/...irstyles,14707

Shirt Style -- http://shop.guess.com/en/Catalog/Vie...rt/M24H13B5M00

Jeans -- http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...99943.17320186

Again, make a goal... find something that you love doing and go for it. Life isn't about money, cars, and women. It's about being happy and enjoying what you're doing. Also, I'd recommend some weight training and working out... it increases the endorphins in your body. I know you mentioned that you have some joint issues, etc... so ask a doctor. Be confident... walk with swag... no one is better than you... if someone is an asshole... screw 'em. Keep your head up.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-01-16 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    most South Americans have native ancestry, and native Americans are very closely related with Asians, hence the lack of height.
    Nah, wrong.
    More like European Ancenstry.
    pro-gun liberal

--Size does not determine anything except if you're an athlete. Also, it's not a case of being short, it's fine, I'm 6 feet and I'm only 14, yet I quit alot. I get afraid alot
    I get shy alot. I get mad alot. I do mistakes alot, but I also try to avoid all those and try to make life better, I've quit WoW a year-or so ago and thinking of re-joining in the summer but don't ever---ever get addicted to the point you leave college. When you apply for a job, they won't ask you "Oh hey, you beat LKHC25? kk join our job".

I assume you are decent at your studies and just slacking while playing WoW.

Also, you're not going to get a girl to love you if you don't actually go out and talk, ..if you just casually sit, they're not going to come for you. Besides, I know alot of people that didn't break virginity till they were 30 years of age. It's fine, really..there's absolutely no need to kill yourself for being a lil' bit short.

Build up confidence. ---It will take a while, but build it up. You said you had confidence in WoW, use it outside, be free, ...care of constructive criticism, but don't care about stupid no-basis insults. No one ever knows what the future has in store, people try and try---some get a decent outcome, but most get different outcomes.

Example:MY brother wanted to apply for business eventually to become a CEO, he's now a DJ with social-media degrees etc etc.

If people treat you differently because of your size, that's stupid...if you're too large you can be made fun of or teased it, but it's fine. I get teased at alot for looking above my age--it's fine. really, stop over-reacting and try to slowly build up confidence.

Also, tip, --If you want to "look" taller, don't wear flat shoes, and wear a bright shirt with dark jeans or dark shirts too and have long hair, it'll confuse the eye perfectly. (just a lil'bit :P)

You're not fucked at all, you've just been bumped off the race-track, now get better and start racing to 1st!

Finally, if you don't believe me..these are great men who were short in size.

Ludwig Van Beethoven
    5' 3¾"
    Robert Downey Jr.
    5'7"
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    5'6"
    Ghandi
    5'3"
    Martin Luther King
    5'7"
    J. R. R. Tolkien
    5' 5"

(Courtesy of http://www.tallmenshoes.com/heoffashpe.html)
    ---There's more but I think that proves my point. Now, like I said, you've been bumped, just get back, fix your life-style and be confident!