Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So ur problem is ur 5 Feet Tall? Thats it?

I have a friend who is 5'1 and in our entire Batch that guy got the most Job Offers from the top firms in our Country
    He has the highest level of confidence of any man i have ever met
    He gives motivational speeches as a part time hobby would u believe that?

Height is a problem as long as u urself think of it as a problem

High Overlord
    Grown people dont care about those things.

I would say most of the people know nothing, live in their small world and believe everything they hear in TV, they just stoped thinking, i wouldn't give a **** what they say.

IMHO in 20 years u will look like 27 or somthing and the others maybe like 50, there are allways 2 sides of the coin.

look at Berlusconi(Italy Prime Minister) or Sarkozy (french ex-president)

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Your life problems aren't because of your height.

Nor are you 'done growing' at almost 21. I put on a foot between 22 and 23 years old.
    That's impossible. I can't believe that.

To the OP: I'm also a short guy at 5"4 and been taking crap for it all my life. You look like a great guy, and you are worth just as much as a person as anyone else. Being tall is not an achievement, it's all genetics. Tell people who are being arrogant about their own height to fuck off. Thats it, do not worry one second about what other people think about you.

Move to South East Asia somewhere. People are shorter on average there.

Seriously though, yes your height will cause some people to judge you and what not, but you can make up for that by using it as a motivation. Get ticked off at society. Prove that your height isn't an issue by becoming better than everyone else at everything you do.

As for careers, you can do (almost) anything. If you feel some sort of social issues due to your height, focus on a job where you're either not dealing with people, or your height is concealed. Anything where you spend all day sitting down would help.

P.S. Seriously consider moving to Asia if you don't want to be looked down on (literally and figuratively) so much.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Your life problems aren't because of your height.

Nor are you 'done growing' at almost 21. I put on a foot between 22 and 23 years old.

5 feet tall is not a midget, so of course you don't have the different shaped limbs.

Don't blame what you view as physical problems for your situation. If you can't accept what is and move on, then why do you expect anyone else to accept you?
    Surely you're an outlier. I don't think many people who are 5ft at 20 will be 6ft at 23.

Anyway, I do sympathize with the OP. I'm 5"9/10 and even I feel short a lot of the time, god knows how horrible I'd feel if I were even a few inches shorter.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Move to South East Asia somewhere. People are shorter on average there.
    Not really, only if you go in the far mountain area and live with the farmers, and even then you'd be on the low end.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Anyway, I do sympathize with the OP. I'm 5"9/10 and even I feel short a lot of the time, god knows how horrible I'd feel if I were even a few inches shorter.
    But why? Why is this a worry? Are you concerned with being 100 pounds? A six-pack? Preppy clothes? If you were a woman (I assume you're male), would you feel insecure if you didn't have DD-sized breasts? I genuinely don't get why people fret about appearance. Looks come and go, it's the personality that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    But why? Why is this a worry? Are you concerned with being 100 pounds? A six-pack? Preppy clothes? If you were a woman (I assume you're male), would you feel insecure if you didn't have DD-sized breasts? I genuinely don't get why people fret about appearance. Looks come and go, it's the personality that matters.
    -Yes, that's why I go to the gym.
    -Same answer.
    -Don't care about brands, but I do like to look neat.

My personality is the filling of my sandwich, as delicious as the meat may be, no one will bite it if the bread looks rotten. And besides, I like to look good, too.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Other peoples reactions and comments make you insecure. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get girls for a man who's 5 feet tall? People are shallow as hell, and you just have to accept it.

-Yes, that's why I go to the gym.
    -Same answer.
    -Don't care about brands, but I do like to look neat.

My personality is the filling of my sandwich, as delicious as the meat may be, no one will bite it if the bread looks rotten. And besides, I like to look good, too.
    My point is you're focusing on things that don't matter. Using your analogy, no "quality" woman would be looking to date a gym rat that is devoid of personality. Give me a "mediocre" woman with an actual personality and who's a good person over a shallow, "attractive" woman.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    Other peoples reactions and comments make you insecure. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get girls for a man who's 5 feet tall? People are shallow as hell, and you just have to accept it.
    And that's why I'm introverted. People are indeed shallow, that's why I choose to ignore them. I'm overweight; am I slinking in a corner and asking if I'm fucked for life? No, I got over it, and I own it. If someone thinks less of me, then fuck them. They aren't worth associating with.

I suggest you look into comedy.

It helps build confidence; you can start small with friends and stuff. Then build to bigger and better. And you already have some good material, people can connect with your self image issues, use it. Thiers might not be with height, but they'll still connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post

P.S. Seriously consider moving to Asia if you don't want to be looked down on (literally and figuratively) so much.
    I have, I have always wanted to visit Japan, my parents always say I'm gonna end up with some shorter, cute Asian girl.

My point is you're focusing on things that don't matter. Using your analogy, no "quality" woman would be looking to date a gym rat that is devoid of personality. Give me a "mediocre" woman with an actual personality and who's a good person over a shallow, "attractive" woman.
    It's not a seesaw. Attractive people aren't necessarily shallow. I don't see why it's such a problem to want to make yourself look good, sexy, presentable. Give yourself confidence and make yourself happy about your body. It's not a bad thing to be proud of what you look like.

And honestly, being overweight isn't the same as being short. With fat you always have that safety net where, if you ever decide you're sick of it, you can just work it off. It'll be hard, but it's possible. Being short is a different mindset. The OP will never be able to work it off.

I think I stopped growing when I was 23. As for what you're going through OP, maybe you should seek a "professional" to talk about it with, ie. a psychiatrist or psychologist. I always found talking about it with an outsider, someone neutral to the situation (so not family or friends, someone who doesn't know you except for what you tell them) can help, even if it's just you talking and them listening (although psychiatrists and psychologists will often give you advice on how to combat your depression etc, in a way you as a unique person can).

You don't need to move or go anywhere, you look normal (Really don't see whats wrong), I'm mid height (close to short) , have a baby face. My wife (recently married) begs me not to shave my beard (I have a thin beard with a gotie) because I would look 10 years younger than her. I have a good stable job and socially happy.

Oh I'm 7 years older than you and look much younger than you.

Personality > Looks

Have confidence, look at it in a positive way. If you do that, things will get better.

And honestly, being overweight isn't the same as being short. With fat you always have that safety net where, if you ever decide you're sick of it, you can just work it off. It'll be hard, but it's possible. Being short is a different mindset. The OP will never be able to work it off.
    I bring being overweight up because it doesn't "conform" to what "society" finds "attractive", just as being short is. Could I work my ass off and become skinny? Yeah, and you raise a valid point, but just as I can change myself (exercising, not sitting on my butt all day), he can change his mentality. I am confident when I say that people ***that are worth associating with*** don't care if you're "short". I think it's silly even having this discussion, I wouldn't think twice about talking to Daalton IRL, nor would I think anything less of him. I would, however, get the hell out of there, if he started playing the pity card, talking about how insecure he is, etc.

forget about American woman my man !!! So what that your not 6 foot and all that jazz ....dude find yourself a girl in another country who is under 5 foot and you will be her prince . Look for love in the Philippines or something like that . find a girl smaller then you and it wont matter ...she will love that you can provide her with a nice life !! Just my opinion my man !

I bring being overweight up because it doesn't "conform" to what "society" finds "attractive", just as being short is. Could I work my ass off and become skinny? Yeah, and you raise a valid point, but just as I can change myself (exercising, not sitting on my butt all day), he can change his mentality. I am confident when I say that people ***that are worth associating with*** don't care if you're "short". I think it's silly even having this discussion, I wouldn't think twice about talking to Daalton IRL, nor would I think anything less of him. I would, however, get the hell out of there, if he started playing the pity card, talking about how insecure he is, etc.
    I'm not saying that he can't/shouldn't be confident in himself, I'm merely trying to show why short people are annoyed about being short, since you asked me about it. Sure, I'm not short compared to the OP, but when you mingle with a group of 6 footers at my height you still feel like the runt. You can ignore it and not let it get to you, and you can be confident and be happy, but it's still there. You're the smallest, even though you might be the hardest working or have the best brains and personality. Height is associated with attractiveness, strength, dominance, and while you may be all of those things, a taller guy gets it without working as hard for it, and it gets irksome.

There's no reason why you can't be confident as a shorter man, but it's certainly more difficult. Wouldn't it be better to be simply born as a tall male who'd never have to worry about petty things like this, instead of a short male who has to learn to suck it up?

i read the OP, but not the rest of it, so apologies if this has been covered already.

I won't claim to fully appreciate your issues, as I'm 6ft tall, so have never had a problem with size.

But I do have quite a few friends and family members who are short, my cousin isn't much over 5ft tall, and he too had major growth issues (which turned out to be more serious than diagnosed and he's had to give up a professional basketball career because of it =( *sad panda*)

What you need to do is step back and take a look at your life. Why Worry? I personally gave up worrying years ago, for the most part it solves nothing.

You're short, you seem to think you've stopped growing, but realistically, there is nothing you can do about it, you can't change it. So accept it. Thats all there is to it.

Once you accept it, you can stop caring what other people think. Once you stop caring what other people think, you can be more confident about yourself.

Confidence is the change that you need, your life will turn around if you're confident. You'll be able to go out and meet people, go on dates etc, if you don't have an issue with your height, most other people won't either - and the people that do are people you don't need in your life.

Don't try and blame other people for what at heart is YOUR issue, the change starts with you!

Also avoid small man syndrome, its very noticeable and people will judge you on it (hopefully small man syndrome is a known thing and not just where i come from . . .lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    forget about American woman my man !!! So what that your not 6 foot and all that jazz ....dude find yourself a girl in another country who is under 5 foot and you will be her prince . Look for love in the Philippines or something like that . find a girl smaller then you and it wont matter ...she will love that you can provide her with a nice life !! Just my opinion my man !
    I didn't know American women were especially tall? I'm sure it's no problem finding a 5" American woman. Besides, many women don't have a problem with a man being shorter, just look at Lars Ulrich, he scored with a taller woman :-D

Ghostcrawler's kid???