Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey man, things could be worse.

You could be 22 and have your hair falling out of the back of your head already!
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

I think it's mainly a confidence issue. Besides, you aren't that short. I had the opposite problem, being female and 5'11". I thought everyone talked behind my back about it in high school. And no, I haven't got shorter, I just realized I made a bigger deal out of it than it actually was. Now I kinda like it, makes me look slimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I think it's mainly a confidence issue. Besides, you aren't that short. I had the opposite problem, being female and 5'11". I thought everyone talked behind my back about it in high school. And no, I haven't got shorter, I just realized I made a bigger deal out of it than it actually was. Now I kinda like it, makes me look slimmer
    Trade for my 5,9?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Legs that go all the way up! Nothing wrong with that

I guess it's a little awkward if you want to wear heels and you aren't dating a very tall guy though, huh?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    You are. Get rich to fix those issues.
    What an absurd response.

@Original poster: My advice? Start exercising, join a club. Get a bigger, better social circle of friends. Your difficulty is with yourself. You are playing the martyr. Learn confidence. Stop paying so much attention to what others say, or think. Don't dwell on the things you can't change, but the things you can.

Self-pity is your problem - not your height.

We are dealt a hand in life and you need to play it as best you can. You need to work on your self image. Focus on improving your best traits and acquiring more.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

You could be 22 and have your hair falling out of the back of your head already!
    Hey! You cut me deep! That was me at 20 :P
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Why playing an MMORPG is like dating
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    [IMG]http://oi50.tinypic.com/mj22ae.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://oi45.tinypic.com/etsdg0.jpg[IMG]

Very recent pics of me....

And I do have a full time job, pizza place, and I actually enjoy going to work because I get treated like an adult by my coworkers, who are 3 older ladies and a buddy that's 19.
    If you work like an adult, your co-workers will treat you so. It's difficult with people who actually have known you for some time, or people who are less mature. The fact that your co-workers treat you like an adult are evidence that your height isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Your life problems aren't because of your height.

I put on a foot between 22 and 23 years old.
    No you didn't.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Fuck height. I am 190cm tall (6'2.8") and I had to live through insults and jokes, too.

"How's the weather up there, giraffe?"
    You got made fun of because you're 6'-2"? Where do you live, with the Oompa Loompas? 6'-2" is of unremarkable height, just slightly taller than the average 5'10-5'11 of males in northern Europe countries and the US/Canada.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    You got made fun of because you're 6'-2"? Where do you live, with the Oompa Loompas? 6'-2" is of unremarkable height, just slightly taller than the average 5'10-5'11 of males in northern Europe countries and the US/Canada.
    He's likely just young. I got plenty of jokes about how big I was early in high school at 6'3" because I was head and shoulders above everyone else. Now I'm 28 and still 6'3" and no one comments on my height.

So I am 5 feet tall and done growing, 20 going on 21 soon. Here is a pic: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5ddae&s=6 I weigh 120lbs and literally can pass for being any age from 12-18. Most people think i'm 16-17 until they meet me. I have scoliosis and a very slight form of dwarfism, as well as hypochondroplasia, as I look like a normal man (no short stubby arms/legs/neck like most dwarfs/midgets.) I have had a very hard life due to my height, Never had a serious relationship, never had sex, I constantly feel used by everyone, my friends use me, I feel like I work harder than others at jobs yet don't get the same recognition, I always feel like I have to do more/show more just to get my way or even be heard. My ankle/knee/hip joints are different than everyone elses, my ankle joints are somewhat inverted, I cannot do near as much physical running and activity as others. I have played golf since I was 4 years old but even then my height stopped me from going anywhere with it because I could not hit the ball near as far as everyone else, and in college the courses they play are build for long hitters. People always say you will look younger when your older, or you will find a shorter girl, or don't let it effect you. But I am so sick of people saying this, I will never listen to anyone taller telling me to not let it effect me because if you really think about it, their ENTIRE life has been different. They are looked at/treated different, I am constantly looked down upon, inferior, the cute little kid, it was great when I was in middle school even early high school, but now everyones in college growing up with girlfriends..even getting married and having kids. I'm 20 going on 21 trapped in a body of a 13 year old guy. How the **** am I just supposed to not let this effect me, when all society shows me is that taller is better, every single couple the guy is taller, clothes are made for taller people. I don't even have many friends anymore, most of the friends I do have are 1-2-3 years younger than me, I party with younger people/girls. I feel that I am trapped/stuck in a high school life because of my height. I even had to move back in with my parents recently, I work at a pizza place, I am taking 1 class online. I constantly think down on myself and it is starting to really effect my life, I think about suicide a lot now more than ever. I am 100% sure that I have the napoleon complex or whatever it's called. Girls think i'm a creep/joke, I am invisible at parties. Yet people expect me to not let it effect me? Yeah it could be worse, I could have down syndrome, or some real mental handicap, but I don't, my mind is the SAME as any other guys, I want girls, happiness, money, cars....I have hormones, I had a great, funny personality but it just seemed to go away as I got older and I am sure this is due to me being so self conscious because it seems to get worse as I age...I need help..I am completely lost, no idea what my future holds, no idea on a career..am I pretty much fucked?

Edit: I also think this is why I got extremely addicted to WoW about 2 tears ago and I had to drop out f college due to it, I quit the game about 5 months ago but in the game no one cared if you were short irl, that's why I liked it so much. Another pic taken about 2 weeks ago: http://oi48.tinypic.com/vhqqb.jpg

We all have problems man. I myself am 5'7, and even though that is taller than you I'm still shorter than about at least 85% of the other guys where I live. Also, to add on to that, I weigh 380 pounds. I haven't had sex either, have NEVER had a girlfriend, and no one gives a shit about me at any parties either. The difference between me and you is I know I can fix my problems, and I don't feel helpless... I deserve everything I get. You on the other hand feel you can't fix your problems, which isn't true.

The other difference is I created all my problems, you were born with yours. So in a way I should feel shittier than you, but I don't. Basically what I'm getting at man is that don't drown in your sorrow. Find solutions, fix your problems. Want a girlfriend? Date a girl. If all them bitches in your neck of the woods are too shallow to date a guy shorter than them then fuck em and find yourself a shorter girl. Shorter girls can be hot as fuck too man.

Turn your problems into opportunities.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No you didn't.
    Haha, I was thinking this same thing but didn't want to say it. There are very few points in one's life when they can put on a foot in a year span, and none of them are over the age of 20. Can you still grow? Sure, but putting on a foot that year would be a serious genetic anomaly.

The best thing about being short is using it to your advantage. Use humor and uniqueness to your situation to garner a favorable light. Wrap your attitude and personality around that. Stop trying to deny or dislike what you are and learn to love it.

For being short, I would say people trust me quicker and feel less intimidated around me in the work environment. We aren't living in the 1950's anymore where authority and power through intimidation is a good aspect anymore. THE ONLY place that is a useful aspect today is a bar room floor. Nobody cares about that.

Most the replies are giving me confidence, love it.

Most of what you said are all perceptions based on what you think others to believe about you. For instance the whole concept of looking much younger. I had the same problem, I'm 32 and still look like I'm in my early 20's. Did it suck when I was younger and all the guys in high school with beards and facial hair got the girls, sure. Guess what, those same guys now have receding hair lines or there bald. Fuck them, who cares whatever others think. I'm in a position where I control a staff of over 100 at times, do I run into problems because they have to listen to someone who looks younger, sure, but guess what you adapt and over come. Life can be about the hand you are dealt, but it's also what you make of it. Start small and grow your confidence, having pitty parties will get you no where.

High Overlord
    Most the replies are giving me confidence, love it.
    That's good to hear! You are still so young. Many things will change in the upcoming years. Personally, I didn't get my life really straightened out until 24/25 and even though I'm now 29 and married, I still have a lot to learn. Everyone, even adults older than me, are still on a journey for a good part of their lives. Sometimes bad things will happen, sometimes good things will happen - but it's how you adapt and learn from them that makes you who you are and makes your life more fulfilling.

People go on different paths in their lives, but it doesn't mean one path is better than another. Just be yourself, learn to embrace who you are, and people will love you for you (including the women!!). You only have this one life as *you* so spend it doing what you enjoy and don't worry about what anyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Grow a beard.
    Wise words

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

Not in the least bit comparable, balding is the most ridiculously overblown cause of bad self esteem.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

Skype, PS3 & Steam - Whiteington

Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Not in the least bit comparable, balding is the most ridiculously overblown cause of bad self esteem.
    Yup, I'm pretty thin up top, have been since I was like 20. I don't even care, don't even notice it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

You're quit confident, just by making this thread and posting pics OP.

Kudos to you. Im skinny as fuck and not that tall either, can somewhat relate little bit.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

im pretty short myself and have had a lot of the same issues with people trying to intimidate me, not being taken seriously etc. but ive found you're only as short as you feel. height is irrelevant. its on you, dont let yourself be intimidated or used. i find it pretty ridiculous when people who i could lift up try to "loom" over me as well, lol.

I am one feet taller.

pro-gun liberal