Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Only read a few of these posts but seriously consider this question.

What would you rather have?

A select choice of rich people slowly using the game and getting all the bugs out in the first few days.

OR

10million users crowding the brawl arena therefore creating immense lag and crashing all the servers due to overpopulation?

I know which i would choose,quit whining and get over it,its blizzs game not ours,they can do what they hell they want. END OF!
    I would rather have a semi instanced version of it. One player enters the brawl arena, an instance is created. The next 49 players that enter the arena enters to that instance. After that a new instance is created. Group end always in the same instance.

There, no overpopulation, you can spectate others and queues are not infinite.

Yes, its Blizzard's game, we are talking about what Blizzard does with the game WE finance.

There are other choices too, like making the ramping up depend on other things besides MONEY.

The path taken by Blizzard is the worse one.

I like it. Brings back some much needed exclusivity.

I wouldn't mind shelling out 10, 20 or MAYBE (I'd think long and hard about that) 30k gold for an inv off of the BMAH but if someone goes and snatches them all up with 999,999G bids then people like me are just stuck having to wait until the AH players and gold farmers are done playing with their shiny new toy. Then, hopefully, I could get an invite from someone so I can give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Gold is real money now? Ooooh, Blizzard is working with the goldsellers, naturally
    You can buy gold with money doesn't need Blizzard be the seller, thus you can buy whatever BMAH by simply buying gold, is this hard to grasp this simple words?

Honey, login to your account management and check the top right corner. Those 0000s doesn't exist for no reason.

If WoW would never be about RMT, if all you have is WoW, you would've never seen a feature that you wouldn't use. Otherwise, you'll see Starcraft and DiabloIII services on your Battle.net page.

Denial doesn't make it disappear. It's there, and Blizzard is hoping the 0000s turn into 9999s. And there's some people in this game with plastic that can charge it to that...and you bet we'll have some shiny new heroes in Azeroth.
    Sweetheart, I have no intention to deny the existence of BNet Balance, used for D3 RMAH and game purchases.

Your point? Is your point really that because the WoW page and the top, containing the accounts Bnet Balance, it means that WoW is bound to get a RMAH? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    You can buy gold with money doesn't need Blizzard be the seller, thus you can buy whatever BMAH by simply buying gold, is this hard to grasp this simple words?
    Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

Next time, try not to skip the most vital details.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-06 at 02:17 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

I have to stress that it's not illegal. It's just bannable. There's a big difference between having your account compromised and getting into legal trouble.

Also, to make a rebuttal to your central point, there are allowed ways of transforming real money into in-game money. Biggest example would be TCG items.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2012-11-06 at 02:21 PM.

You can legally buy some mounts/pets with real money that dont bind to your char and sell them in the AH for gold.
    You can use that gold you got from an item that you bought with RM to buy heroic raid gear.

All legally.

Now i dont think that has a particular bad impact in the game since the items are not widespread.

But in this case the invitations MUST be widespread.

typical "solution" (as you think not I) u want raid/challenge mode "PVE" accomplishments to PVP

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Sweetheart, I have no intention to deny the existence of BNet Balance, used for D3 RMAH and game purchases.

Your point? Is your point really that because the WoW page and the top, containing the accounts Bnet Balance, it means that WoW is bound to get a RMAH. Adjust your tinfoil.
    Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

But go ahead and live with those pipe dreams of Blizzard living on subs and some fluff items sold. When RMT comes, we'll be around to read the cries "I HAVE NO MONEY!!! HALP!!!" when reality sets in.

Enjoy it, Sweetheart. Your dreams will come true about "exclusive" content. Just make sure you bring some plastic from Visa, Mastercard, Discover and/or American Express!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Would be a perfekt reward to get invated for completing all challenge modes (without a medal). But noooooooooooooooo....... lets add more gold sinks. Seriously, the community is devided into people with millions gold and those with just a few thousends.. there's no middle ground where the poorer people would buy something for even 3,000g if they lack high-end weapon enchants, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on, there are several possibilities to allow entry without gold
    Everyone can make gold, but not everyone raids, does challenge modes, PvP, etc, so how would it be fair to gate this content behind those things? I would never be able to participate in your example. No, gold is fine. It's not even that much (bidding starts quite low).
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You can legally buy some mounts/pets with real money that dont bind to your char and sell them in the AH for gold.
    You can use that gold you got from an item that you bought with RM to buy heroic raid gear.

All legally.
    Also can legally buy those trading card pets and mounts tickets...all exclusive items only gotten by pay-to-play.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

But go ahead and live with those pipe dreams of Blizzard living on subs and some fluff items sold. When RMT comes, we'll be around to read the cries "I HAVE NO MONEY!!! HALP!!!" when reality sets in.

Enjoy it, Sweetheart. Your dreams will come true about "exclusive" content. Just make sure you bring some plastic from Visa, Mastercard, Discover and/or American Express!
    It's like reading a preaching about "the inevitable rapture".

But sure, I'm looking forward to it. Got my VISA right here. Not sure where this proposed "dream about exclusive content" of mine came from, but considering the talk about RMT from you, I'm not surprised another imagined idea popped up right next to it :3

HAHA, I think I'd rather take my chances with the chinese
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-06 at 02:32 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Everyone can make gold, but not everyone raids, does challenge modes, PvP, etc, so how would it be fair to gate this content behind those things? I would never be able to participate in your example. No, gold is fine. It's not even that much (bidding starts quite low).
    Bidding starts low, and it might end low in the PTR.

In Live, you wont be able to buy any invitation in the first month with less than several hundreds k of gold.

Too many people abused the Firelands bug and played the AH in the last expansion, leaving the game with a HUGE load of VERY VERY rich people.

Not to mention that there are hundreds of thousand of people that buy gold without consequences from some sites (i know some).

It's like reading a preaching about "the inevitable rapture".
    Because if players can make $300 or more a month just playing the game...it would be!!

I would like to believe that there aren't guilds that would high-bid all of the invitations on the server.

All that has to happen is that there can't be a Feat of Strength included with buying an invitation from the first wave.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    Rogue - Warlock

not fair to those of us who arent gold capped yet.
    The people who are gold capped didn't just log in 1 day and have all that gold. They earned it. Fair has nothing to do with it.

You can't give this content to everyone or you wouldn't ever get a go. Can you imagine the queue size for such a thing? It's going to be long as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Honey, login to your account management and check the top right corner. Those 0000s doesn't exist for no reason.

If WoW would never be about RMT, if all you have is WoW, you would've never seen a feature that you wouldn't use. Otherwise, you'll see Starcraft and DiabloIII services on your Battle.net page.

Denial doesn't make it disappear. It's there, and Blizzard is hoping the 0000s turn into 9999s. And there's some people in this game with plastic that can charge it to that...and you bet we'll have some shiny new heroes in Azeroth.
    Honey, you can use Battlenet Balance to buy:
    World of Warcraft Character Services
    Appearance Change
    Faction Change
    Name Change
    Race Change
    Realm Transfer

World of Warcraft Guild Services
    Guild Faction Change
    Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer
    Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Name Change

World of Warcraft Digital Upgrades
    WoW: Battle Chest to Wrath of the Lich King
    WoW: Battle Chest to Cataclysm
    Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm
    Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria (Now available for prepurchase! See our Mists of Pandaria Presale article for more information)

So why would you not see the balance if you only have WoW? Sense, you make none!
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Not to mention that in unbalanced PVP servers, it will be almost impossible for one faction to get invites....

whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on,
    there are people who havent step foot in a raid when it was relevant, who will get first dibs merely because they have the gold. is that fair?

Well. This isn't raid content, nor is it an instance. So why should raid achives or CM scores count?