Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sast View Post
    You can't give this content to everyone or you wouldn't ever get a go. Can you imagine the queue size for such a thing?
    For playing SOLO content, in a MMO?

Where were all those screaming and flaming posts about, "If you want to play solo, play a SP game or GTFO a MMO?" again?

Funny how all that changes overnight for a price of one ticket.

Hmmmmm.......
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Do people even know what the Brawler's Guild is and what the rewards are? Spoilers: You can get a single pet, and BoA fist weapons. There, that's what you're crying about.

Chill out, if you don't do it on day one, it'll still be there for you down the road. Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

Next time, try not to skip the most vital details.
    I'm not skipping any vital details.
    You missing the point for once more, there was no raiding gear available for gold till now.

So we got from
    Step 0: "No raiding gear for gold"
    to
    Step 1: "Raiding gear for massive amounts of gold"

Oh it's so hard to predict the next step...
    And thanks to the wonder of the internet both could read this when Blizzard starts selling gear for money or currency buyable with money.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-06 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Bidding starts low, and it might end low in the PTR.

In Live, you wont be able to buy any invitation in the first month with less than several hundreds k of gold.

Too many people abused the Firelands bug and played the AH in the last expansion, leaving the game with a HUGE load of VERY VERY rich people.

Not to mention that there are hundreds of thousand of people that buy gold without consequences from some sites (i know some).
    I do hope this happens. I can wait a month and it would syphon a lot of gold from the server, lowering prices on the AH and the BMAH. I doubt though that many people will spend their gold on invites instead of the Onyxia Mount, Mimiron's Mount, HC gear, etc.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Because if players can make $300 or more a month just playing the game...it would be!!
    Indeed.
    Let me bite the "exclusive dream". Why is the Brawler's Guild gated?
    Because else it'd get flooded immediately.

Why isn't the invitations handled a different way?
    Because they saw an opportunity to flush some more gold from the servers.

However, until I see Blizzard selling 100,000 gold for like 8,99 I'm not convinced. And that's something that they'd never do, but selling items? That's fair right? I mean, there's the D3 RMAH! Except it makes no sense. D3 is a character-driven progression while WoW relies on group effort, D2 suffered so much from duped items and gold that they saw no other way to keep the players legit. And some extra cash from transaction fees are always nice for companies.

The Blizzard store will never contain anything but pets and mounts. I'm not that fond of the idea of guardian cubs being BoE, but hey, player-driven economy, and no guarantees. Someone chose to take the risk with the Cub and put it on AH. Someone chooses to buy it for gold.
    Personally I'd never pay 10 euro for a chance to sell it for whatever low price it has stabilized on due to oversaturation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I'm not skipping any vital details.
    You missing the point for once more, there was no raiding gear available for gold till now.

So we got from
    Step 0: "No raiding gear for gold"
    to
    Step 1: "Raiding gear for massive amounts of gold"

Oh it's so hard to predict the next step...
    Why does it have to be a Step 2?

Actually we went from

Raiding BoEs for gold.
    to
    Gold sink.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

I may be missing something but,
    What logic is there in: "ppl will buy the tickets and resell at a higher price"

this is the bmah, if anyone would buy it for a higher price they will outbid you before you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by zurcn View Post

this is the bmah, if anyone would buy it for a higher price they will outbid you before you buy it.
    Logic has no place in WoW People will pay more simply out of ignorance or laziness
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zurcn View Post

Good question, since they are BoP, and only npcs can create auctions on the BMAH.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)

Why does it have to be a Step 2?

Actually we went from

Raiding BoEs for gold.
    to
    Gold sink.
    And yet missing the point.
    Are you doing this in purpose?

BMAH is not selling BoEs, this wouldn't be a problem, it sells unobtainable HC gear
    And yes there will be a step 2 judging from Activision's greedy nature seen so far.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-06 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I do hope this happens. I can wait a month and it would syphon a lot of gold from the server, lowering prices on the AH and the BMAH. I doubt though that many people will spend their gold on invites instead of the Onyxia Mount, Mimiron's Mount, HC gear, etc.
    There are a lot of people that can buy mimiron head AND spend thousand of k gold in the invite and still be rich, thanks to the Firelands bug, AH farmers, buying gold and buying/selling expansions/game time.

I do agree they need to take gold off the economy, but i dont think selling access to content is the way to go, specially a content that is made as a resemble of a movie were the protagonists were proud of giving no meaning to money.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So why would you not see the balance if you only have WoW? Sense, you make none!
    Same o' same o'.

They're clinging on life rafts, as mommy and daddy aren't going to pay $1500/mon for a WoW crack habit. That's the real anger in all this, they can get $15/mon and enjoy it if they can get it for "free", but as soon as they see "exclusive" stuff on others they can't have...it's cry about unfairness, then.

I hope every snotty "I'm better than you" self entitled scumbag raider (or PvPer for that matter) feels the bite of cold hard cash. And these won't be "welfare epics" (I wonder if that dev is sneering now?).

"Exclusive" content, indeed!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    BMAH is not selling BoEs, this wouldn't be a problem, it sells unobtainable HC gear
    And yes there will be a step 2 judging from Activision's greedy nature seen so far.
    Step 3 will be the interesting part: how the WoW community adapts to paying to win.

Did they also think Titan would be free of this? You know darn right these publishers are looking to cash in. Be it DLC to selling full epic geared toons on an AH.

Brawlers guild wont be instanced gameplay, Blizz said they want people to observe the matches. Now imagine if the whole server would gain acces on day 1. I think this is a smart idea, definitely not the best, but smart. At the start everything will be overpriced like hell, but in 2-3-4 weeks ( just as fast as LFR gets access to every instance ) there will be so many people having it that the price will drop down close to zero.

Some people overthink things.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I support RMT for very good reasons (not because I like or prefer departing with cold hard cash), but because RMT opens new doors for making RL money by gamers.

Now Blizzard is a tight drum in that department especially selling their IP items. But you know a 40% cut in the profits for selling RMT items is better than watching it being sold on eBay and not getting a dime.

RMT does have it's benefits. And that auction house can sell more than just the flavor of the day from Blizzard (anyone familar with Sony's Station Exchange?).
    However, the cons greatly outweighs the benefits for a RMT game.

Be it competitive players that just can't spend that extra cash, the borderline (or just blatant crossing over it) to a pay to win market.

Putting cash into a game screws over more people than it helps.

And besides flawed but "logical" assumptions about how the real money transactions will develop in WoW, has there been any official info that points to Blizzard eventually going a Pay 2 Win route? :>
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)

And besides flawed but "logical" assumptions about how the real money transactions will develop in WoW, has there been any official info that points to Blizzard eventually going a Pay 2 Win route? :>
    In his head, stop feeding the troll for everyone's sake
    Time is on our side

Same o' same o'.

They're clinging on life rafts, as mommy and daddy aren't going to pay $1500/mon for a WoW crack habit. That's the real anger in all this, they can get $15/mon and enjoy it if they can get it for "free", but as soon as they see "exclusive" stuff on others they can't have...it's cry about unfairness, then.

I hope every snotty "I'm better than you" self entitled scumbag raider (or PvPer for that matter) feels the bite of cold hard cash. And these won't be "welfare epics" (I wonder if that dev is sneering now?).

"Exclusive" content, indeed!
    Wut? You say there is no need for Battlenet Balance if you don't have D3, I show you there is and you ramble on about... well, I don't know actually.

Honestly, the brawlers guild model is destined to fail. You can't have a non instanced thing like this where only a select few get invited at any given moment. I'm all for being an elitist asshole, but this isn't a game that should promote or even have something like this. I can't see it lasting long, and if it does, blizzard will no doubt bring about some dramatic and fundamental changes that make the future brawlers guild nothing like its initial implementation. Blizzard has a tendency to drastically change their ideas as they progress, brawlers guild will be no different in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm more curious about how does a player invite another player. If I buy a ticket can I go around inviting people freely? Do either of us have to do anything else other than just say "come along buddy"?
    Yeah if there's no limit it's just a matter of time before an actually gregarious/friendly person gets a ticket and invites everyone on the server. So I guess there will be some sort of lame limit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Honestly, the brawlers guild model is destined to fail. You can't have a non instanced thing like this where only a select few get invited at any given moment. I'm all for being an elitist asshole, but this isn't a game that should promote or even have something like this. I can't see it lasting long, and if it does, blizzard will no doubt bring about some dramatic and fundamental changes that make the future brawlers guild nothing like its initial implementation. Blizzard has a tendency to drastically change their ideas as they progress, brawlers guild will be no different in a few months.
    I do hope, since the rewards are nothing really other than "fame and glory" that they tune the fights really hard so actually people with more brain than usual can get somewhere, so lot of people will actually leave after trying few times. My only problem is that i'm afraid some classes ( specially hibridys ) will be way too strong. We shall see i guess
    Time is on our side