Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcn View Post
    I may be missing something but,
    What logic is there in: "ppl will buy the tickets and resell at a higher price"

this is the bmah, if anyone would buy it for a higher price they will outbid you before you buy it.
    Logic has no place in WoW People will pay more simply out of ignorance or laziness

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcn View Post
    I may be missing something but,
    What logic is there in: "ppl will buy the tickets and resell at a higher price"

this is the bmah, if anyone would buy it for a higher price they will outbid you before you buy it.
    Good question, since they are BoP, and only npcs can create auctions on the BMAH.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Why does it have to be a Step 2?

Actually we went from

Raiding BoEs for gold.
    to
    Gold sink.
    And yet missing the point.
    Are you doing this in purpose?

BMAH is not selling BoEs, this wouldn't be a problem, it sells unobtainable HC gear
    And yes there will be a step 2 judging from Activision's greedy nature seen so far.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-06 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I do hope this happens. I can wait a month and it would syphon a lot of gold from the server, lowering prices on the AH and the BMAH. I doubt though that many people will spend their gold on invites instead of the Onyxia Mount, Mimiron's Mount, HC gear, etc.
    There are a lot of people that can buy mimiron head AND spend thousand of k gold in the invite and still be rich, thanks to the Firelands bug, AH farmers, buying gold and buying/selling expansions/game time.

I do agree they need to take gold off the economy, but i dont think selling access to content is the way to go, specially a content that is made as a resemble of a movie were the protagonists were proud of giving no meaning to money.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why would you not see the balance if you only have WoW? Sense, you make none!
    Same o' same o'.

They're clinging on life rafts, as mommy and daddy aren't going to pay $1500/mon for a WoW crack habit. That's the real anger in all this, they can get $15/mon and enjoy it if they can get it for "free", but as soon as they see "exclusive" stuff on others they can't have...it's cry about unfairness, then.

I hope every snotty "I'm better than you" self entitled scumbag raider (or PvPer for that matter) feels the bite of cold hard cash. And these won't be "welfare epics" (I wonder if that dev is sneering now?).

"Exclusive" content, indeed!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    BMAH is not selling BoEs, this wouldn't be a problem, it sells unobtainable HC gear
    And yes there will be a step 2 judging from Activision's greedy nature seen so far.
    Step 3 will be the interesting part: how the WoW community adapts to paying to win.

Did they also think Titan would be free of this? You know darn right these publishers are looking to cash in. Be it DLC to selling full epic geared toons on an AH.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Brawlers guild wont be instanced gameplay, Blizz said they want people to observe the matches. Now imagine if the whole server would gain acces on day 1. I think this is a smart idea, definitely not the best, but smart. At the start everything will be overpriced like hell, but in 2-3-4 weeks ( just as fast as LFR gets access to every instance ) there will be so many people having it that the price will drop down close to zero.

Some people overthink things.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I support RMT for very good reasons (not because I like or prefer departing with cold hard cash), but because RMT opens new doors for making RL money by gamers.

Now Blizzard is a tight drum in that department especially selling their IP items. But you know a 40% cut in the profits for selling RMT items is better than watching it being sold on eBay and not getting a dime.

RMT does have it's benefits. And that auction house can sell more than just the flavor of the day from Blizzard (anyone familar with Sony's Station Exchange?).
    However, the cons greatly outweighs the benefits for a RMT game.

Be it competitive players that just can't spend that extra cash, the borderline (or just blatant crossing over it) to a pay to win market.

Putting cash into a game screws over more people than it helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    And besides flawed but "logical" assumptions about how the real money transactions will develop in WoW, has there been any official info that points to Blizzard eventually going a Pay 2 Win route? :>
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And besides flawed but "logical" assumptions about how the real money transactions will develop in WoW, has there been any official info that points to Blizzard eventually going a Pay 2 Win route? :>
    In his head, stop feeding the troll for everyone's sake
    Time is on our side

Deleted
    Same o' same o'.

They're clinging on life rafts, as mommy and daddy aren't going to pay $1500/mon for a WoW crack habit. That's the real anger in all this, they can get $15/mon and enjoy it if they can get it for "free", but as soon as they see "exclusive" stuff on others they can't have...it's cry about unfairness, then.

I hope every snotty "I'm better than you" self entitled scumbag raider (or PvPer for that matter) feels the bite of cold hard cash. And these won't be "welfare epics" (I wonder if that dev is sneering now?).

"Exclusive" content, indeed!
    Wut? You say there is no need for Battlenet Balance if you don't have D3, I show you there is and you ramble on about... well, I don't know actually.

Honestly, the brawlers guild model is destined to fail. You can't have a non instanced thing like this where only a select few get invited at any given moment. I'm all for being an elitist asshole, but this isn't a game that should promote or even have something like this. I can't see it lasting long, and if it does, blizzard will no doubt bring about some dramatic and fundamental changes that make the future brawlers guild nothing like its initial implementation. Blizzard has a tendency to drastically change their ideas as they progress, brawlers guild will be no different in a few months.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm more curious about how does a player invite another player. If I buy a ticket can I go around inviting people freely? Do either of us have to do anything else other than just say "come along buddy"?
    Yeah if there's no limit it's just a matter of time before an actually gregarious/friendly person gets a ticket and invites everyone on the server. So I guess there will be some sort of lame limit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Honestly, the brawlers guild model is destined to fail. You can't have a non instanced thing like this where only a select few get invited at any given moment. I'm all for being an elitist asshole, but this isn't a game that should promote or even have something like this. I can't see it lasting long, and if it does, blizzard will no doubt bring about some dramatic and fundamental changes that make the future brawlers guild nothing like its initial implementation. Blizzard has a tendency to drastically change their ideas as they progress, brawlers guild will be no different in a few months.
    I do hope, since the rewards are nothing really other than "fame and glory" that they tune the fights really hard so actually people with more brain than usual can get somewhere, so lot of people will actually leave after trying few times. My only problem is that i'm afraid some classes ( specially hibridys ) will be way too strong. We shall see i guess
    Time is on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I do hope, since the rewards are nothing really other than "fame and glory" that they tune the fights really hard so actually people with more brain than usual can get somewhere, so lot of people will actually leave after trying few times. My only problem is that i'm afraid some classes ( specially hibridys ) will be way too strong. We shall see i guess
    Hybrids are not the king of soloing, at least not healing hibryds. If they tune the fights really hard, then they completely favor blood dks.

It would be a very bad idea from my POV.

I think this would be the best featue to implement semi instanced content, which is open content that creates a new instances after a certain population in the zone is reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wut?
    There is no current use for it if you have plastic.

-_-

Why would you even use a credit system knowing credits will be left that you can't redeem? Unless you can't afford to pay yourself and it's the only way (or to avoid credit card tracking, right?).

Kids.

Deleted
    Why would you even join the brawler's guild in the first place? Does it matter if you join now, the next month or even next year? Or at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Content shouldn't be accessible to everyone. Content should be accessible to those who want to put forth the effort to do it.
    Pretty much sums it up for me.. Also, there is just too much gold floating around in WoW anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decra View Post
    I read somewhere once you are in the guild you can invite 10 people. So things the brawlers guild can grow fairly quickly. And if you can use them on your cross realm buddies it will be hard for big guilds to control them because all you need is have someone on a low pop realm buy one then send it you and it will spread. So while gold may be an initial barrier it should be gone with in a couple of months I think.
    Weeks or even days, I would expect...

Deleted
    There is no current use for it if you have plastic.

-_-

Why would you even use a credit system knowing credits will be left that you can't redeem? Unless you can't afford to pay yourself and it's the only way (or to avoid credit card tracking, right?).

Kids.
    So you say it's not useful to have your Account Balance shown when you only have WoW and have a credit card (I guess that's what you call 'plastic')? That may be true, as then you can use your Credit Card to pay directly for the things you can buy with the Balance, but you can use different methods to update you Balance, including methods you can't use to directly pay for the services. So you still don't explain what having this Balance visible has to do with RMAH in WoW, as was your point.

One of the possible reasons to use Balance instead of direct pay methods, is the fact you can use prepaid cards from the shop for your Balance, which you can't use directly for services. There are people with money, but without credit cards...

And what do kids have to do with anything? You come across as very condescending... Is that your intention?