Thread: Ret and Haste

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret and Haste

I was wandering when you stop stacking haste as ret and switch to mastery or strength?
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-11-08 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    You dont, at lower ilvl you want to gem strength, but whenver you start to get raiding gear, you do want to gem Haste fully, it all depends on what gear you have, so you may want to sim your own ratings to get know exactly when to switch. In this tier we wont stop stacking haste.

Good rule of thumb:

If it's ilvl 489 or higher, gem haste. If it's 476 or lower, gem strength. I'm also 99% sure you always want to match sockets.

Deleted
    Can be even lower, my haste became more valueable at ilvl 482, so when you get closer or get new items i suggest getting you´re current stat wheigts calculated.
    Even though, i started gemming haste even lower, as i enjoyed the gameplay alot more with haste given the smoother gameplay

Deleted
    Im not so sure I like how they have implemented haste.

I still think that it is abit slow and just boring to push everything to haste for a "decent" rotation. (And still have windows on 2-4sec with just waiting on CS)

I would prolly lower the global for rets and remove haste from lowering GCD and just reduce cooldown on spells. Wouldnt remove haste from the equation but it would take it down to critt/mastery levels. And we would get a overall better rotation and more fun with some critt and mastery :P

Still think that 1 weak singletarget/cleave attack is missing. I want something weaker to use when I have to wait on CS. Even the old holy wrath would be good enough even tho it actually didnt do any damage.....

Howlingblast holy wrath with less damage would be ideal imo.

Like Foxydin said, you'll want to get your weights calculated in simcraft when you start getting gear to see when the value of 2 haste is greater than 1 strength.

It also does feel smoother at an earlier ilvl, with strength gemming there would be times where I'd be waiting for spells to come off cd. you'll still get that if you gem haste early but it's less frequent.

Before I have to bust out my calculator, anyone know the number for haste (% or rating) that will get us down 1s gcds?
    Is it 33% haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt66 View Post
    Before I have to bust out my calculator, anyone know the number for haste (% or rating) that will get us down 1s gcds?
    Is it 33% haste?
    50%, according to WoWpedia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it 33% haste?
    I think it's around 50%.

EDIT - Oops, there. Wiki link.
    The amount of spell haste required to lower the global cooldown to its 1 second minimum is 50%.

Ah right thanks, guess it's not happening any time soon.

Deleted
    Ah right thanks, guess it's not happening any time soon.
    probably worth geting it to the "when during timewarp" stage though,

10% raidbuff * 30% time warp = 7~% needed which is teribbly low i think 3kish rating only.

haste is jsut the stat fore more reasons that lowering the global though it jsut keeps stuff coming back into the roation a lot more often. and is very relevant for art of exorcism procs to keep those fillers coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    10% raidbuff * 30% time warp = 7~% needed which is teribbly low i think 3kish rating only.
    The 10% buff is attack speed, not haste, so it won't count towards cooldowns or global cooldowns.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be a while.

But if ever in question you should always punch your numbers into a Sim and figure out what your tailored stat values are.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-11-08 at 07:50 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The 10% buff is attack speed, not haste, so it won't count towards cooldowns or global cooldowns.
    To expand on this, you'd be GCD-capped during TW with 15.38% haste, which is within reach in this tier. AFAIK, haste is still superior to crit/mastery past that point, though, so it's a kind of academic point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxydin View Post
    Can be even lower, my haste became more valueable at ilvl 482, so when you get closer or get new items i suggest getting you´re current stat wheigts calculated.
    Even though, i started gemming haste even lower, as i enjoyed the gameplay alot more with haste given the smoother gameplay
    Can I start gemming haste? or do I still need strenght?
    here's my char eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Carstten/advanced

thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carstenwb View Post

thank you

Last edited by mmoc7018f680f9; 2012-11-09 at 02:45 PM.

thank you
    Im an OT, but us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Rubert/advanced

I would go Haste, my Rotation is very fluid. Grats on the 2 set!

edit: according to the graph above this post, Haste is well above str for gemming.
    Last edited by Rubert; 2012-11-09 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks guys! Means alot

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:32 PM ----------

I still want to use my 2x 320 strength from JC right? or do I want to change them out too with 480 haste ones?

1 Strength is worth about 1.91 Haste. (640 str)*1.91=1222 > 960 Haste. So stick with the strength JC gems until a time that secondary stats (haste) are scaled the same way as regular gems.

Thanks guys! Means alot

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:32 PM ----------

I still want to use my 2x 320 strength from JC right? or do I want to change them out too with 480 haste ones?
    Due to the poop itemization of JC gems, you would be better off using the JC gems, correct.

Or, you can go all out (like I did) and drop JC for BS since JC only yields a bonus 320 Haste, whereas BS nets 640 Haste (more, once epic gems are available). BS + Engi (tinker bound to ES for 100% buff uptime on ES) = win!