Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Make sure he is keeping SS up.

Glyphed Divine Protection is great.

Avoid combos.

Use CDs for the titan gases.

ok! thanks all for you help!

my main concern was to check if there was some issue with class or if it was mainly a player issue!
    Plus getting some help with what cds I need to advise him and check its usage!...
    He is a good player and in most ways better than me... so its hard to understand what was going wrong. First time I had this issue with him.

Again Thanks all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    ok! thanks all for you help!

my main concern was to check if there was some issue with class or if it was mainly a player issue!
    Plus getting some help with what cds I need to advise him and check its usage!...
    He is a good player and in most ways better than me... so its hard to understand what was going wrong. First time I had this issue with him.

Again Thanks all
    I once joined a pug where I replaced another paladin tank. The group leader said that the previous paladin recieved 50% more damage than the other warrior tank. I however recieved 66% of his total damage while also healing myself more.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with paladins on emps, in fact they are completely awesome. Some clever cd and spell usage makes you take very little damage.

We kill emps every week with me (prot pally) and other tank is feral druid, we 2 heal it everytime. I have to say I take more damage then my fellow druid but with 100% SS uptime and SoI I have about 25k HPS. I am parsing about 65% of the healing done on myself. Some tips I would say is don't waste any HoPo while you are dodging stack up to 5 HoPo and 5 BoG. Then start using SotR, don't overlap them then use DP (Glyph for it) and then use WoG (it heals for 50% of you HP with 5 stacks) save AD + GotAK + HA for Titan Gas. Make sure he's using SoI and not SoV and hes as close to 100% SS uptime. I also use Holy Prism on this boss and it heals me for a bunch every 20sec, never overheal with it, it averages around 100k heal so save it.

Sorry if I used to many abreviations lol

Deleted
    didnt read all the replies, but my 2c:

tbh as long as he does his dance correctly then he shouldnt be struggling to stay alive (pursuit of justice will help, though not necessary).
    capping hit and expertise is ofc good, and imo mastery is superior on this fight.

does he come out of the dance with 5 HP stored?
    Id also recommend taking HA talent as an extra cd that he can pop for titan gas as it be awesome between dances.
    When does he refresh SS? if it's at the end of the dance then it prob isnt v strong one due to lack of damage/vengence.
    Personally i prefer focussed shield glyph on this fight, but if he's dying then he should ofc glyph divine protection.

oh also meh to the stamina flask - expertise and armour elixirs ftw!
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2012-11-06 at 05:13 PM.

Speaking as a healer, if your tanks are taking spiky damage on Will of the Emperor that means they're not avoiding the combos well enough. No amount of cooldown usage or gear will save a tank that can't dodge a mechanic. On our last kill our DK tank got off 10 Opportunistic Strikes, Druid tank got off 11 Opportunistic Strikes, and the fight lasted 8min43sec.

We 2 heal this fight and last night lost our druid 25% into the fight leaving me to try and 1 heal it. As long as combos are avoided by good dancing tanks then this fight is a joke to heal. Titan Gas was easy peasy. Hammer, LoD when you're at 3 HOPO and hope for some DP procs. From everything I'm reading it sounds like your tank needs to be a bit more situationally aware than he is. Once it clicks you should be good to go and profit with phat lewts.

I agree with pretty much all the replies. Dodge all 5 hits, Make sure he is coming out of the dance with 5 Holy Power, Make sure he is refreshing Sacred Shield every 30 Seconds. Have him save GoAK for Titan Gas Phases, outside of Titan Gas and outside of the Dance, he should be trying to refresh SoTR every 3 seconds, Using Glyphed Divine Protection on CD, Ardent Defender when needed, Healthstones, Armor Pots(if needed). Just proper CD management and this fight should be no problem for him.

Deleted
    Damage comes in spikes, most of the time you take none, but when you do, he hits hard, try to time shield of the righteous, getting hit by his devastating combo is a no-no it's so simply and easy to avoid it just can't happen. also try to rotate CDs for when the boss does hit you, the bigger ones for during titan gas and the smaller ones like DP & trinkets for when it's not titan gas.

make sure to keep sacred shield up, it's about 80-100k vengeance fight so it's amazing.

I'm assuming he's also using seal of insight, that alone should heal him most of the time paired with SS.

When I was doing Will the 1st time and was getting used to Active Mitigation I was getting my face wiped on the floor right after devastating combo too. I wasn't getting hit so I didn't have debuffs but I was mopping up my blood with my own face. After changing some things I was doing much better. The 1st thing I did was to pool my HoPo during devestating combo phase; shouldn't be getting hit so shouldn't need the damage reduction debuff. So when he comes out of devestating combo I have a full 6 secs of SotR buff up. I also used a small CD in addition to this, such as trinket or glyphed Divine Protection. I saved major CDs for each of the Titan Gas phases such as GoaK or Holy Avenger in addition to this. Now tanking Will is easy. Hope this helps you and your guild progress!!!!

Note: This was for 25m not 10m
    Last edited by Lady Mormont; 2012-11-11 at 02:58 AM.