Rogue forums! I call on you!

lets fix this, the first step is. well, US!

other class forums have these brilliant laid out threads on best specs, common things etc etc.. I am thinking we need the same, lets have a FAQ where the whole slow/slow fast/slow et c etc can be finally answered. to stop reoccuring threads!

we already have a new up to date (albeit in need of some formatting) soloing thread, now, what I need help with is well, the content. Im more then happy to format everything you know, put in all the code/item links, but the simple fact is, I do not know the answers. for example, people come in DAILY at the moment asking things like

whats better 489 pve vs 458 pvp. weapon speed slow/slow viable etc etc, which poisons.. which spec for pve and pvp...

what I'd like is if somebody can simply.. tell me the answer to these questions so I can put it in the FAQ, also, link me to any threads relevant (such as a transmogrify one!

Im determined to fix up these rogue forums! and make them a valuable resource for us, just as other classes have done with their forums, so please resist the urge to troll/tear something down, and help build something instead!

Hit combo builder
    If SnD <3 seconds remaining, use SnD
    If Rupture <3 seconds remaining, use rupture
    Else use finisher

If you're assassination, pool some energy before finisher and don't clip enenvom

Rogue class guide done.

/sarcasm off - I could lend a hand in giving some writing to one later, if anyone wants.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Thing is, topics/stickies touching those reoccurring questions were already up in the past and the same questions were still being asked every single day. I really don't think it's going to help.

A soloing topic where the content isn't only being added when the OP personally did it would be welcome as well =/

aye bovan, im working on it as we speak bud

Oh, I have a gemming spreadsheet I can offer to the cause. It's fairly basic, but essentially, you tell it your scale factors and it produces a list of every gem socket type (double red, red/yellow, triple blue etc) and shows you the theoretical best way to gem for those kinds of sockets (with pretty coloured bars).

I can try and upload it somewhere later if anyone wants.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Thing is, topics/stickies touching those reoccurring questions were already up in the past and the same questions were still being asked every single day. I really don't think it's going to help.

A soloing topic where the content isn't only being added when the OP personally did it would be welcome as well =/
    ...I can still see the flood of questions on the legendary daggers... O' the horror...!

In my experience, the rogue community has always been lacking in sharing class knowledge and information.

I don't know if it's because rogues are a pretty easy class to figure out on your own or that we are all just lazy bastards, but with the exception of Elitist Jerks, I have always had to dig really deep for any rogue information.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    In my experience, the rogue community has always been lacking in sharing class knowledge and information.

I don't know if it's because rogues are a pretty easy class to figure out on your own or that we are all just lazy bastards, but with the exception of Elitist Jerks, I have always had to dig really deep for any rogue information.
    I think information was/is plenty, people just went ahead and started asking before even looking around a bit.

so lets make it easier for them! FAQ's we can point them too, and good valid resources, our info is cata or older! its shameful!

Deleted
    The guides on Noxxic, at least the ones I've been looking at, seem pretty accurate. There are plenty other "guide-sites" apart from EJ.

If you are a rogue who DOESN'T use shadowpanther you are bad and dont care about your DPS. There are so many resources available already that making one meta post here would not solve anything. If you want to try and help people, make a stickied topic that has links to the resources and posts that are already kept up by the world class rogues on EJ / Icy-Veins / Noxxic (which you should not take as truth, some of their info is spotty).

Edit: I can't post links yet, or I would do this all for you.
    Last edited by deadsovl; 2012-11-06 at 08:13 PM.

That is a fantastic thread Jsz! good find! anyone with a US account mind trying to get in touch with him and asking him if we link/repost it here? I know what he has there is great, but some might be like me, I avoid the bnet forums like the plague as it seems like the place to go if you wish to be trolled by children! thats why I like it here at least im trolled by adults!

sent you a PM Ryme.

Also, whilst we have this thread up.

correct me if im wrong.

ass = slowest daggers possible (i realise thats 1.8 nowadays save for the odd random event dagger like the shanker 2.0)
    combat = honestly, it doesnt matter. for BIS I think Slow/fast works out a TINY bit better single target, whereas slow/slow is ahead for any cleave related fight?
    sub = see above?

just want to make sure I get the info correct, Im still chewing through that thread Jsz linked, some great info in there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    combat = honestly, it doesnt matter. for BIS I think Slow/fast works out a TINY bit better single target, whereas slow/slow is ahead for any cleave related fight?
    On last check, 2.6 OH > 1.8 OH for single target when you can KS perfectly, albeit by <1%. For cleave, 2.6 is ahead further because poisons matter less.

Basically use your highest dps weapons as combat.
    Also Coldkil has a pretty good guide on wowhead. Link is in the Index sticky thread.