Poll: What should the fate of Suramar be?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you want to happen with Suramar after 7.1?

For those who don't know. Suramar is the night elven city from before the Sundering that is still intact and thriving - the only one to survive it. It is where Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan, Maiev, Jarod and the bulk of the night elven survivors from the sundering come from. They thought the city was destroyed, but it was shielded and hidden thanks to the highborne mages - and is perhaps the largest display of arcane magic used for good in the War of the Ancients - the Queen swaying the majority of the other highborne to her course. But of those that defied her, Menaar was destroyed, Eldre'thalas survived, but the highborne instead captured a demon and fell to ruin, over time, now the city is known as Eldre'thalas, but some survivors have emerged and are trying to restore it to the shining bastion of arcana for good, not evil that it once was. Nar'thalas that was destroyed and its inhabitants cursed, and Suramar, that survived.

The night elves of the city have evolved a little bit over time to what are called the Nightborne or Shal'dorei, short for night elf highborne. Like a sleeker, more high class night elf, thinner and a lot more arcane. These night elves are not to be confused with The Night Elves, the alliance group and currently you will enter legion in assist a rebel group of nightborne in the nightfallen state and night elves to liberate the city from the current Legion occupation their leader entered.

It's been compared to the Nazi invasion of Paris, where Suramar is Paris, the nightborne the sophisticated Parisians, the night elves the French country men, the resistance is La Resistance, and we are the allied forces.

However the question is: Once the dust has settled and we save the nightborne and their night elven friends of the region from the legion what should blizzard do?

1. Turn it into a sanctuary and a major neutral nightborne/night elven hub - like the arcane version of the Cenarion circle but just more concerned with Night elven global goals like eradicating the Legion, bringing Azshara to justice ..rebuilding their people,

2. Turn it into a warzone where everyone is fighting over the city and join the long list of night elven ruins. or warzone cities.

3. Destroy it completely

4. Leave it alone, let the nightborne and broken isles night elven peoples be and recover their lives while we move on. Have their 10k year wait reunion

7+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, they can't do anything completely different than what it is now because the nughthold raid is releasing after the questline there.
    So the new Suramar content is probably going to be something leading up to the rai.

But if you mean after we wrap everything up in there, my guess is 4, we don't know what goes down in the Gul'Dan fight yet tho, so could be 3 too.

I could see it becoming a sanctuary, mainly because the storyline leads here (we get involved in politics etc.), but mostly because there are master of professions among the npcs which hint at it eventually becoming a sanctuary
    Last edited by Tiphess; 2016-08-22 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    just as the blood elves are not high elves anymore, the nighborne are not Nelves

Fuck elves and their civilization. I want to wage war in there.

We still have to raid the Nighthold after 7.1, so it should remain the way it is at least until the heroes dispose of Gul'dan and the Legion taint from the Nightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Thing is, they can't do anything completely different than what it is now because the nughthold raid is releasing after the questline there.
    So the new Suramar content is probably going to be something leading up to the rai.

But if you mean after we wrap everything up in there, my guess is 4, we don't know what goes down in the Gul'Dan fight yet tho, so could be 3 too.
    I definitely mean after Gul'dan fight, i.e. once the dust settles. Like in patch 8.0 or patch 7.2, which is the patch after the nighthold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    We still have to raid the Nighthold after 7.1, so it should remain the way it is at least until the heroes dispose of Gul'dan and the Legion taint from the Nightwell.
    yes, I mean once Guld'an is done with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    just as the blood elves are not high elves anymore, the nighborne are not Nelves
    that's right, but remember blood elves are still Thalassian elves, and nightborne while not kal'dorei, are still night elves as in night group, elves of the night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Fuck elves and their civilization. I want to wage war in there.
    won't you prefer it to become like a blood elf capital? The blood elves move to Suramar? or the high elves get a city?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    yes, I mean once Guld'an is done with
    In that case we have three different groups (the Alliance, the Horde, and the Nightfallen) that all have different plans for Suramar. It could be interesting to see how that story evolves. However, Blizzard has not really been in a habit of updating zones to reflect story changes since Cataclysm is the only example of this to date.

Nighthold is 7.2. Karazhan is 7.1, and several months before Nighthold. 7.3 might expand on Suramar with 7.4 being back to Broken Shore/Tomb of Sargeras. Major r
    Ids have been even numbers typically.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Nighthold is 7.2. Karazhan is 7.1, and several months before Nighthold. 7.3 might expand on Suramar with 7.4 being back to Broken Shore/Tomb of Sargeras. Major r
    Ids have been even numbers typically.
    No, you are wrong. Or stupid. Or both.

In that case we have three different groups (the Alliance, the Horde, and the Nightfallen) that all have different plans for Suramar. It could be interesting to see how that story evolves. However, Blizzard has not really been in a habit of updating zones to reflect story changes since Cataclysm is the only example of this to date.
    you know the nightfallen are nightborne who've just been without arcwine for a while, as soon as the city is won over they'll be fully nightborne again.

and if the night elves or elune or whoever fixes the nightwell, they shouldn't have that problem of becoming nightfallen again - possibly, afterall blizzard could always say with the nightwell fixed no new nightborne born or night elf linking up to the nightwell will suffer the effects, but the existing nightborne will need a few centuries for the effect to totally go. they could say that - I hope they don't, it would just be annoying.

Elisande actually turns around and helps us after we fight her, so it would be interesting who leads the nightborne - her or Thalyssra who wile nightfallen now, will completely.

And I think blizzard will just conclude the story and we'll move on as ever. I don't think the horde would have much to do with the Suramar or the nightborne - it has night elf written all over it - any more than i wouldn't expect the alliance to have much to do with Zul'dazar when we get it or any of the many troll cities.

they do this a lot you know, both factions go in and help a race or sub-race of one of the factions, but they still maintain their identity. Sure you would have the night elves be doing something with the nightborne, just like you expected some troll interactions with ZG, ZD and ZA, but you'd be lucky if you see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    the difference between blood elves and high elves is their name.

the difference between night elves and nightborne are that the nightborne were under a magical dome for 10k years with a magical well with titan blood that evolved them into black blood elves with a more hardcore arcane addiction.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar is special in a way, this project of building creating this huge city full of history is amazing, destroying it would be waste to throw all that work away without making it usefull for players! So a sanctuary would be my choice! only parts of the city tho!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you know the nightfallen are nightborne who've just been without arcwine for a while, as soon as the city is won over they'll be fully nightborne again.
    Yes, I know. But the rebels against Grand Magistrix Elisande are mainly Nightfallen, the exiles from Suramar for speaking out against her decision to join the Legion. There are some rebels that are Nightborne, yes, but there is no guarantee that the Nightwell will be restored or even safe to use after what Gul'dan has done to it.

I could see them building suramar up throughout the whole expac so that we get the nightfallen as a new race in an upcoming patch/expac.

Yes, I know. But the rebels against Grand Magistrix Elisande are mainly Nightfallen, the exiles from Suramar for speaking out against her decision to join the Legion. There are some rebels that are Nightborne, yes, but there is no guarantee that the Nightwell will be restored or even safe to use after what Gul'dan has done to it.
    okay good, I thought for a moment you thought they were like a different race, people seem really confused on the whole nightborne/nightfallen/night elf relationship, maybe it's cos it hasn't come out yet and they don't really have context for much of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I could see them building suramar up throughout the whole expac so that we get the nightfallen as a new race in an upcoming patch/expac.
    nightfallen is NOT the race, nightborne is the race, nightfallen are nightborne in a fallen state - they've just been starved.

Deleted
    We already have Dalaran in Legion so do we really need another hub zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the difference between blood elves and high elves is their name.

the difference between night elves and nightborne are that the nightborne were under a magical dome for 10k years with a magical well with titan blood that evolved them into black blood elves with a more hardcore arcane addiction.
    you started of well but not ended.

nightborne are not addicted - at least that's not the issue there, and interesting way of putting, not for a million years would i ever have called any highborne or nightborne a black blood elf - i would call blood elf a white night elf/highborne/nightborne - but that's being racist. Remember nightborne are still night elves (I don't mean Kal'dorei, i simply mean an elf of the night - which is obvious in the name, following Kal'dorei Quel'dorei culture as it was, calling themselves Shal'dorei because of the shroud of night that covered them perpetually), you should be thinking of highborne long before you think of blood elves. If blizzard wanted to connect them to the blood elves, they won't make them a night culture, nocturnal, moon/stars focus, living in the night elf city most of the kal'dorei playable night elves come from. They would have given you a Thalassian based story. Nightborne are slightly mutated night elves. Whiles they are no longer kal'dorei racially they are still very much a type of night elf - unless they became diurnal and sun dwelling when I wasn't checking.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-08-23 at 01:17 AM.

okay good, I thought for a moment you thought they were like a different race, people seem really confused on the whole nightborne/nightfallen/night elf relationship, maybe it's cos it hasn't come out yet and they don't really have context for much of it.
    Perhaps. I also see a lot of people make the misconception that Nightborne are Night Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    nightborne are not addicted
    the quests in suramar say otherwise, their transformation into a wretched beast aka nightfallen too, same with the mana crazy lay line sucking nightborne in azsuna.

they are worse than crystal math addicts on steroids.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-23 at 01:11 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal