Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Actually, things would already be greatly improved if dailies would earn about 250 rep each, rather than the measly 100 that they do now. You can get roughly 1000 rep per day by doing dailies (for a single faction). You need 6K rep to get to friendly, right? Yeah; that's six days. Six bleeding days to get to 'friendly'-status!
    Exactly. All dailies should award at least 250 rep. Dungeon tabards or specific faction rep for specific instances would also be most welcome. Compared with rep grinding via dailies in Wrath, MoP is far too slow.

  2. #22
    Dreadlord Oogzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    962
    No. Tabards are too easy and too passive. People need to quit asking for free handouts. It only takes a couple weeks to hit exalted if you do them every day. Be glad you didn't do the rep grinds in TBC, or even worse. Vanilla rep grinds *shudders*

    These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

    But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,027
    So after all the effort to reach reverd you want to give it up?

  4. #24
    I've always hated the fact that you could throw on a tabard and grind rep through dungeons. It's lazy, boring and uncreative. An easy way out. Dailies might be boring, but at least they're broken up a bit so it's not always the same ones day after day.

  5. #25
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,725
    Wish people would stop making these dam threads. If you went out and did your dailies you would be done with them by now and never have to do them again. I don't like dailies but you see me qq'ing about them? NO i got off my ass did them and now i never have to do them again.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  6. #26
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,458
    Please close this one.... it's not like we already have plenty of other threads about this. Go read and post there. Some are still current it's not like you're necroing a thread.

  7. #27
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    89
    It kind of annoys me that the dailies require a huge chunk of my time to get to exalted which I just can't spare. I have a job and a life. I can do maybe one or two heroics a few nights a week and then raid twice a week or I can rep grind for my entire wow playing life. Thats not fun. I want to be able to do the dailies but I just don't have the time. I know blizzard wanted to give the game longevity and make it so you have to work for gear but there has to be a better way. Maybe a weekly limit to the amount of rep that can be gained and re-implement the tabard system or perhaps even a new form of rep grinding such as linking your professions to rep (make the faction X amount of materials to help them grow). It just seems slightly unfair to those of us who want to play the game but don't have the time to put in whilst we have a full-time job/other responsibilties. I won't be doing daily rep grinding but instead doing what I enjoy doing. Actually playing through heroics and raids.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Be glad you didn't do the rep grinds in TBC, or even worse. Vanilla rep grinds *shudders*
    Stop filling google search queries for "TBC rep grinds" with highly deceiving information. It's really becoming very tiresome now, as there are still actually people who played in TBC, and know TBC from playing it not from browsing wowpedias or other outside sources.

  9. #29
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Stop filling google search queries for "TBC rep grinds" with highly deceiving information. It's really becoming very tiresome now, as there are still actually people who played in TBC, and know TBC from playing it not from browsing wowpedias or other outside sources.
    Indeed at this point I would GLADLY welcome a TBC rep grind because it would still be less of a grind then now. Going out of my way to do shit I don't like to do so I can get rep for factions with gear is bad. I've been double dipping since vanilla and I see no reason why it should have changed other than the developers lacking any creativity to come up with something else to keep players occupied.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    It kind of annoys me that the dailies require a huge chunk of my time to get to exalted which I just can't spare. I have a job and a life. I can do maybe one or two heroics a few nights a week and then raid twice a week or I can rep grind for my entire wow playing life. Thats not fun. I want to be able to do the dailies but I just don't have the time. I know blizzard wanted to give the game longevity and make it so you have to work for gear but there has to be a better way. Maybe a weekly limit to the amount of rep that can be gained and re-implement the tabard system or perhaps even a new form of rep grinding such as linking your professions to rep (make the faction X amount of materials to help them grow). It just seems slightly unfair to those of us who want to play the game but don't have the time to put in whilst we have a full-time job/other responsibilties. I won't be doing daily rep grinding but instead doing what I enjoy doing. Actually playing through heroics and raids.
    What aspect of the game can't you do because you're not exalted with all factions?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:18 PM ----------

    Why do so many people moan about this!? I hated/hate the dailies, I'm exalted with no one. None at all. I'm still able to raid, level my profs, play my alts, gank lowbies, explore, run HCs, sit in SW, all the things I could do before the dailies existed and will still be able to do them once I finally hit exalted with whatever faction I leave until last.

    I'd actually like Blizz to introduce a tabard. 'Tabard of the Lazy' they could call it. And it would give 7 rep per end boss kill in a random HC. Then you can grind your little hearts out.

  11. #31
    crazy ass idea but..why not have both!: Dailys from neutral > Friendly, Get a tabard that only gives rep til Revered and have a cap of say 3k a day, Dailys > Exalted and you can still do dailys if you so want between Friendly and Revered, bingo everybody wins
    Last edited by brozy; 2012-11-09 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Typos

  12. #32
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,819
    Instead of adding a quick version so you can grind it out in one day or do dailies for weeks add a option in between. Reputation cap (for each faction) that you choose to grind in whatever mannor you want. Most likely it would be best if that cap is weekly and you should be able to cap it by doing lets say 5 days of dailies or a specific amount of heroics while wearing a tabard. Once you hit the cap you have to wait until next week.

  13. #33
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    I want tabards to be removed from the game, and all current tabards turned into transmogable cloaks.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Because grinding dungeons just wearing some faction their tabard makes no sense. Why exactly would this faction increase its reputation with you for that. Where when you quest and actually give them something. Just because you want a lazy way of getting what you want doesn't mean that it makes any sense lore-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

    You're slaying bad guys under the banner of a specific faction. Why the hell WOULDN'T they be happy you're doing this.

    Also, tabards for rep have worked exceptionally well for two expansions and no one freaking complained about them because they provided CHOICE. People who preferred dailies did them and those who preferred dungeons did those instead.

    Remember also that dungeon gear became irrelevant after the first patch meaning the entire point of dungeons, JUST LIKE DIALIES, were rep items.

    It isn't laziness. It's choice. I don't understand why people are being so dense about this.
    Perhaps it should require you to be in certain dungeons then, ones that tie in to the rep you are grinding? For example: Wearing the Klaxxi tabard would do nothing for your rep if you ran Shado-Pan Monastery, but Nizaou(sp?) Temple would reward the rep since you're killing bugs against the Klaxxi. Dungeons wouldn't be tied to only one rep if another rep could be represented in the dungeon, Nizaou Temple could also work for August Celestials, Klaxxi, and i suppose Shado-Pan since they are in the same zone.

    I do like the idea of a daily cap as well. If this is going to be a secondary option to doing dailies (which I agree would be nice) it should cap out at the most you could expect to get from any amount of dailies you could do instead. It should only become available for alts and after say Revered with the Rep on 1 character (i.e. could get Revered with Shado-Pan on 1 and Klaxxi on another and you unlock the tabard option for those reps across THAT accounts characters), 1 character should have to run through the ringer of dailies to show you are devoted directly to the cause of those you hope to grind Rep with.

    Question though - Would this negate the option to do the dailies or would you still be allowed to do both? I suppose it would be one of those: If you really want to grind out Reps doing both, you're welcome to it, as it would be open to anyone who wanted to clear it and since it's only available after reaching Revered on 1 character i don't see an issue with this as Blizz is already going to make the Rep grind quicker for alts come 5.1 after hitting Revered on 1 character.

  15. #35
    It's fine like it is, but I think a BoA rep tabard that only gives rep to revered and can only be bought at exalted would be awesome.

  16. #36
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,668
    I must be one of the only people who actually doesn't mind dailies too much.

    I mean, they make sense. You want someone to like you enough to give you things you want access to, so you do things for them every day and they respect you more and more, in the end they trust and respect you and you get what you want from them. Why should you be able to earn their respect simply because you wore their tabard while you were killing some monsters in a dungeon? You killing monsters in some far off dungeon doesn't benefit them, but if they need some marmots kicked away from their crops and you do it for them, it certainly does.

    Yes, they take a long time to finish if you do them all every day, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I also enjoy the fact that I'm getting more gold for completing quests than I would get running a dungeon, as well as getting lesser charms to turn in for extra raid loot rolls.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Because grinding dungeons just wearing some faction their tabard makes no sense. Why exactly would this faction increase its reputation with you for that. Where when you quest and actually give them something. Just because you want a lazy way of getting what you want doesn't mean that it makes any sense lore-wise.
    Because killing many evil and corrupted monsters and bosses that have done horribly bad and vile things while wearing tabard for honour of some faction.
    But on other hand making daily quest is so much more meaningfull since it contains killing monsters and maybe farming some vegetables. Yes so much more sense

  18. #38
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,859
    I would like it like this:

    Login every day to get 2000 rep each day with every faction.
    So after a couple of weeks of logining in (and that's exactly all there is required to do) you will hit exalted.
    If they gonna gate content - they better come out clean about it. Without stupid dailies.

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is the worst argument I've ever seen.

    You're slaying bad guys under the banner of a specific faction. Why the hell WOULDN'T they be happy you're doing this.

    Also, tabards for rep have worked exceptionally well for two expansions and no one freaking complained about them because they provided CHOICE. People who preferred dailies did them and those who preferred dungeons did those instead.

    Remember also that dungeon gear became irrelevant after the first patch meaning the entire point of dungeons, JUST LIKE DIALIES, were rep items.

    It isn't laziness. It's choice. I don't understand why people are being so dense about this.
    There are plenty of reasons that they wouldn't care if you slayed mobs that aren't their enemies in their names or they might even be upset about it. Although to be fair, mobs in dungeons usually aren't really anyone's ally.

    If they'd make it TBC-style at least it would make sense lore-wise. (Hey, I gain rep with a faction that is actually in battle with these people!) How much sense would it have made by just wearing a tabard and raping mobs in Heroic Botanica if you gained rep for Honor Hold? Sorry, that just dumb! Honor Hold is having their own fight yet you're causing trouble somewhere else in their name. So at least that makes sense!

    If you would argue for a specific dungeon linked through lore to a faction system you have my blessing and I would whole-hartedly agree! But just wearing a tabard is a solution for spineless people who want everything handed to them on a plate.

    It actually is pure lazyness, besides that your point about dungeon gear becomming pointless is absolutely true. Which also made factions reputation pointless! And with DS they made items drop in the new dungeons that were equivilent to FL normal gear. Making the older tiers of dungeons pointless, but not those. So actually you're point isn't so valid after all! People ran dungeons anyway, besides that, if you had a main during tier 11 you were likely to have all the reps maxed out long before FL (or even troll dungeons) were released. Making dungeons pointless, as you said!
    Oh and with the gear from dungeons, with new tiers also those old rep items you mentioned became useless. So the only thing you wanted these reputations for was what exactly? Except shoulder enchant (I'll give you that one)....

    So basically, your story is full of nonsense and yes, you want tabards because you're not willing to do something as running dailies for your gear, mounts, etc.

    Now, as I said before. If you can come up with a good idea that links lore to killing stuff in dungeons providing you with rep, then sure! I would love that! But why on earth would a faction be happy about you slaughtering people they don't care about?! And yes, this is actually coming from someone who doesn't like dailies at all! But yes, I'd rather have dailies!

    To give you an example of things that could provide dungeons with factions would be quests similar to the daily heroic quests. Help faction X by getting item Y from boss/mobs/place Z.
    Or cooperating with a faction fighting alongside them in a dungeon
    Or just a link lore-wise between the faction and the dungeon
    Or repeatable quests you can pick up at the entrance of the dungeon for a certain faction
    /many more valid ideas exist

    Good luck with thinking about new, interesting idea's. I'm looking forward to your post about a new way to implement reputations into dungeons!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait what...have you played WotlK or Cataclysm?
    Please tell me how you got (meaningful) rep with Earthen Ring and Ramkahen? Or Guardians of Hyjal before Firelands was added?

    WotLK and Cata tabards just sucked, they provided a way too easy method of getting rep and were much faster than doing dailies. Especially with the introduction of LFD and the implementation of Valor. You'd just queue for randoms and got free rep because you'd generally want to cap out your Valor. Simply put, tabards made reputation meaningless. The BC system is one that I would like (certain dungeons giving specific rep) or a tabard that would block Valor/Justice gains. Both with higher rep gains from dailies and with the Golden Lotus requirement removed for August and Shado-Pan. What I don't want are WotLK and Cata tabards. They give essentially free rep, in which case you might as well remove them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •