Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Here's an idea. Suck it up and do dailies on 1st character. At exalted you get a BoA Tabard that you can use for your other toons. I'm sorry, but going for exalted on multiple toons via dailies is just ridiculous. That's just too much time spent on them. Most definitely not fun for most people I'd assume.

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Because grinding dungeons just wearing some faction their tabard makes no sense. Why exactly would this faction increase its reputation with you for that. Where when you quest and actually give them something. Just because you want a lazy way of getting what you want doesn't mean that it makes any sense lore-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I must be one of the only people who actually doesn't mind dailies too much.

    I mean, they make sense. You want someone to like you enough to give you things you want access to, so you do things for them every day and they respect you more and more, in the end they trust and respect you and you get what you want from them. Why should you be able to earn their respect simply because you wore their tabard while you were killing some monsters in a dungeon? You killing monsters in some far off dungeon doesn't benefit them, but if they need some marmots kicked away from their crops and you do it for them, it certainly does.

    Yes, they take a long time to finish if you do them all every day, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I also enjoy the fact that I'm getting more gold for completing quests than I would get running a dungeon, as well as getting lesser charms to turn in for extra raid loot rolls.
    I hope you go back and read my post about tabards and dungeon rep, i think it makes the dungeon Rep grind make just as much sense as doing daily tasks for Rep. Perhaps to expand on that concept, certain reps wouldn't offer a dungeon tabard. Tillers for example give you plenty of options to gain Rep (Dirt Soil finds, planting/harvesting your personal farm, making food for the quest givers, etc) that a dungeon tabard would be overkill. Also, maybe leave the Golden Lotus out of Tabard grinding as well, since they are central to unlocking 2 other reps, it should take a little more effort to gain their favor.

    Again, this should only pertain to the first character you do them on. I see no issue with making the grind quicker on alts.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I hope you go back and read my post about tabards and dungeon rep, i think it makes the dungeon Rep grind make just as much sense as doing daily tasks for Rep. Perhaps to expand on that concept, certain reps wouldn't offer a dungeon tabard. Tillers for example give you plenty of options to gain Rep (Dirt Soil finds, planting/harvesting your personal farm, making food for the quest givers, etc) that a dungeon tabard would be overkill. Also, maybe leave the Golden Lotus out of Tabard grinding as well, since they are central to unlocking 2 other reps, it should take a little more effort to gain their favor.

    Again, this should only pertain to the first character you do them on. I see no issue with making the grind quicker on alts.
    I'm happy with anything that makes sense lore-wise. So yes, wearing a tabard during doing something that would be actually meaningful to the faction would be fine. I'm just plainly against the idea that wearing a tabard will automaticly make a faction love you just because you slay some random mobs in a dungeon.

  4. #44
    Here is the problem with this ideal, There is far less trash in dungeons today than there were in cataclysm. It would take you far longer to grind dungeons that it would to just shut up, man up and do the dailies for the brief 14-16 days to get to exalted.

  5. #45
    I would honestly do the opposite, tabard up to reverred and then if you want the prestige items you have to work your ass off to exalted with the daily quests.

    you would need less run in dungeons and anyway the "gear" items are at reverred
    Last edited by Brazorf; 2012-11-09 at 06:05 PM.

  6. #46
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,536
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I hope you go back and read my post about tabards and dungeon rep, i think it makes the dungeon Rep grind make just as much sense as doing daily tasks for Rep. Perhaps to expand on that concept, certain reps wouldn't offer a dungeon tabard. Tillers for example give you plenty of options to gain Rep (Dirt Soil finds, planting/harvesting your personal farm, making food for the quest givers, etc) that a dungeon tabard would be overkill. Also, maybe leave the Golden Lotus out of Tabard grinding as well, since they are central to unlocking 2 other reps, it should take a little more effort to gain their favor.

    Again, this should only pertain to the first character you do them on. I see no issue with making the grind quicker on alts.
    I can see killing monsters in certain dungeons providing rep for certain factions, such as Shado-Pan rep for Temple or Nizuao or something. Perhaps from killing the monsters themselves. People could queue up for the specific heroic and do it once every day and if they randomed and got it again, all the better. I just can't see, say, Shado-Pan caring if you killed a monster in Scholomance while wearing their tabard.

    It's not that I didn't like the fact that I could champion and gain rep faster in Cata, it's just that it makes less sense to me.

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    412
    Those that play all day love dailies wtf would they do without them ?

  8. #48
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    I would rather have it so that you could buy an Account bound rep. tabard when you've hit exalted, so that your alts can more easily catch up.
    I really wish blizzard would do this. Or you know...make it so you don't have to grind rep to get VP gear.
    I am sick of dailies before even getting exalted with anyone, why would I want to finish them and then take half the time again for each alt. Increase rep bonus item is simply retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Here is the problem with this ideal, There is far less trash in dungeons today than there were in cataclysm. It would take you far longer to grind dungeons that it would to just shut up, man up and do the dailies for the brief 14-16 days to get to exalted.
    That's the price you pay to not do dailies. Besides, most people are going to run multiple dungeons anyway, and as i said, the Reps could branch a few dungeons. I suppose some would tie into less dungeons than others (none will tie into Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance, for example, so no Rep could be earned in there), but again, that's the price you pay for the "shortcut" of not doing dailies constantly.

    This isn't about needing to "man up", it's not being a "man" to grind out the same exact quests over and over on multiple characters, let alone 1 character. Doing that is just overkill on gating when doing it on 2 or more characters. Even Blizzard agrees the grind should be quicker on alts, 5.1 is going to make the grind quicker with any rep you have at Revered on 1 character.

    Besides, if you don't want to use a Rep tabard and dungeon grinding, you're more than welcome to "man up" and grind dailies on your characters if you want, we aren't calling for the removal of that path, just an alternative path for our alts.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I can see killing monsters in certain dungeons providing rep for certain factions, such as Shado-Pan rep for Temple or Nizuao or something. Perhaps from killing the monsters themselves. People could queue up for the specific heroic and do it once every day and if they randomed and got it again, all the better. I just can't see, say, Shado-Pan caring if you killed a monster in Scholomance while wearing their tabard.

    It's not that I didn't like the fact that I could champion and gain rep faster in Cata, it's just that it makes less sense to me.
    In a sense the model of TBC for dungeon+reputations made more sense even if it was plenty more annoying as you were forced to run the same instaces without variety if you needed only one reputations.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Indeed at this point I would GLADLY welcome a TBC rep grind because it would still be less of a grind then now. Going out of my way to do shit I don't like to do so I can get rep for factions with gear is bad. I've been double dipping since vanilla and I see no reason why it should have changed other than the developers lacking any creativity to come up with something else to keep players occupied.
    The TBC rep grind consisted of skipping as many leveling quests as humanly possible, saving up all rep items, running normals until revered, then doing the zone quests and hoping to God Almighty that that would push you into exalted by itself, because if it didn't that meant you had to subject yourself to the soul-sucking ordeal that was the heroic dungeon grind. I didn't get exalted with Keepers of Time until well into WotLK precisely because there were no quests to save up. That many H Black Morass runs was not something I could tolerate, and even if I could, I couldn't even pull a group together to tackle that horrible place from my own guildies, nevermind trade chat. You can log onto MoP, spend two minutes and get a hundred rep. By TBC standards that is blazing fast. You could spend three hours trying to put a group together in TBC and get nothing for it. Nothing.

    If that's what you'd prefer, then good for you, but don't make the mistake of assuming you're in the majority.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •