Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best AoE Classes

Currently what are the best AoE classes in MoP to bring to a raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how long the monsters are going to stay alive

Frost DKs, especially Dual Wield
    Demo Warlocks

Both have great burst and sustained AOE

Enhancement Shaman have awesome AOE as long as the monsters are alive for more than several seconds, since it takes a while to get going.
    That being said other specs of Warlock have good AOE too, but not as on demand as Demo.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Deleted
    Seen some very nice AoE from Elemental Shammies, also Palladins are good also.

Oi add WW monk to the list for AOE Spinning Kick is amazing

Trying to decide who to sit on Heroic Feng the Accursed. Want good AoE classes for when we have to kill the adds.

Elemental Shaman
    Fury Warrior
    Assassination Rogue
    Demo Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    Frost Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a BM monk tank, i'm really impressed with my aoe damage at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    Trying to decide who to sit on Heroic Feng the Accursed. Want good AoE classes for when we have to kill the adds.

Elemental Shaman
    Fury Warrior
    Assassination Rogue
    Demo Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    Frost Mage
    Bring a DK that can AoE grip all the adds further away from the shield, and one or two people lacking a little in AoE damage is NP!

Also, use anything that can root them even for a second (Warrior talent and Shaman totem, come to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Bring a DK that can AoE grip all the adds further away from the shield, and one or two people lacking a little in AoE damage is NP!

Also, use anything that can root them even for a second (Warrior talent and Shaman totem, come to mind).
    We have a Blood DK that plans on doing this.

Deleted
    Demo Lock and Unholy DK. Unholy DK with roiling blood does clearly more than howling blast spamm now. I won't even debate with someone about this. No DK ever topped my unholy AoE damage in BG's as frost while I played unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleepz View Post
    Demo Lock and Unholy DK. Unholy DK with roiling blood does clearly more than howling blast spamm now. I won't even debate with someone about this. No DK ever topped my unholy AoE damage in BG's as frost while I played unholy.
    Yet a UH DK havent got good sustained dps.. they are king at the execution phase... From what i've seen its still better to bring a Frost dk over UH

SV hunter with Barrage. Seriously, no one mentioned that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigaar View Post
    Seen some very nice AoE from Elemental Shammies, also Paladins are good also.
    o.O
    sorry what? paladins? nice AoE o.o? when did we get buffed..

Elemental shamans and Demonology Warlocks in my experience.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Fleepz View Post
    I was going to reply seriously about the burst vs ramp-up/long duration, until I read BGs. You made me laugh, thanks.

OT: For Burst AoE you'll want the Frost DK and Demo Lock, out of that list I'd say sit the SPriest or Assass Rogue (their AoE is good, but not bursty)

I don't know where you get your info, but SV hunters have the best AoE in the game.
    As long as the mobs are packed, nothing beats a SV hunter with the multishot spam+expl trap.
    The only one that comes close it the ele shammy.
    If you are talking about mobs that are spread around, then locks are probably the best.
    Just to give you an example, on the trash mobs before the dogs in MSV, I'm pulling twice the dps than the player from second place in recount.
    On Feng hc also I burst the most, and we have a lock, ele shamy and a SP in the raid.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    o.O
    sorry what? paladins? nice AoE o.o? when did we get buffed..
    Paladins have a glyph for exorcism, that removes the range component, but adds a AoE component, but I don't think it's that good compared to other classes AoE

10+ Year Old Account
    Windwalkers. Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku!

Deleted
    Playing demo lock in a 10 man raid. I'm always first on the ads with 2 mages, arms war, spriest

Quote Originally Posted by Trigaar View Post
    Seen some very nice AoE from Elemental Shammies, also Palladins are good also.
    Ele shamans do not AoE, they cleave. Highest AoE is always a toss up, Right now it would appear that DW frost DK's are strong as well as Locks and mages (fire when combustion is spread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Besides, they have updated models, updated abilities, and are in completely different locations. Really the only thing psyically the same is their names, so if you don't care for plotlines whats it matter who the dragons are? They're just meaningless loot bags to you.
    Shaman Armory
    Mage Armory

Deleted
    i remember the days of Druid SWIPE been the one and only!!! berserk swipe swipe swipe 500k + pew pew!

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Playing demo lock in a 10 man raid. I'm always first on the ads with 2 mages, arms war, spriest
    You obviously never has a good SV hunter or an ele shammy in your raid.