View Poll Results: Has MoP made quitting easier?

Voters
274. This poll is closed
  • Yes

123 44.89%
  • No

151 55.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My eyes bleed because of dailies... I do nothing but those..
    Yet I still play it :/
    Blizzard - you sinister evil warlocks, you put a curse on this game or what? O_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

15+ Year Old Account
    It obvious people are quitting now. There is no longer a 3 hour queue to get on illidan lol.

MoP is definately better than Cata in alot of ways, but the initial "shiny-ness" of it is definately starting to wear of for me. I like the new zones, pandas, raids and dungeons.
    I haven't had time for pvp as I would like. And I'm gettting VERY bored of doing dailies, sitting at 600+ lesser coins...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I always find the start of an expansion stressfull, mainly because you need to gear up ASAP if you want a good guild, and even then it takes a while to find a good fit. It took me a lot longer last expansion, but my guild recently had quite a lot of drama, so everything is up in the air, again... At the start of Cata I seriously contemplated quitting for a good while but once I found a good guild with skilled, decent-attitude etc players I enjoyed it a lot more again. Most players do not stay with a particular guild for more than 2 or 3 tiers just because life happens and people chase lootz and/or just quit. The "whole expansion or multiple expansions" guilds are usually hardcore and serious, or a very very social/friendly group.
    The other type of whole exac/multiple expac guilds are those with a core group that carried over with others who stay for a while and get cycled through as is the case with our guild. We have a core of 6 guys that have been together since ICC -> MSV and have had a few people fill the other 4 spots for a few tiers or a single tier at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I think mindsets make it easy to quit, not the content itself. I'm at a point now where no MMO's really compel me to dedicate tons of time to them,
    I have to agree with this comment. I am at a point in my life after 7 years of World of Warcraft that I just don't want to play. I try, I log in then log out almost instantly. There is a lot of content, but its all the same as the last 3 expansions. My boredom has reached maximum proportions.

If anything, I'm looking at other MMOs though. WoW is wow, and that is what I'm bored of. I think I'd like to try something different. Like SWtoR.

i think in most cases its the fact that the game is very old for a...game, so people who have been playing can easily find a reason to quit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure did for me; WotLK was a small step away from what I enjoyed about the game, Cata was a slightly larger step, then once I heard the next expansion would be about panda bears and pet battles, that was the final straw
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Personally to me, it has made it a tad easier. The main thin that keeps me around is friends always trying to get me to come back and I usually do. I just need to tell them to piss off

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    for me it has. I played Beta, everything was dumbed down again( everytime I think this game couldnt get any more idiot proof, blizz surprises me again). So I unsubscribed and have not missed it since.
    Ahahahha! AHAHAHAH!!! HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!

Good one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    I'm curious to see if Mist of Pandaria has made giving up the game easier for some.

I was a hardcore raider in Cata from start to end, and I didn't even get to 90 on my main cause the game became plain an simple, boring, to me.

So has MoP made it easy to quit for you?
    I dont necessarily call anyone a liar without provocation.. but this is horse shit.
    You were a hardcore raider and didnt think levelling wasnt always simple and easy?... you didnt reach 90? srsly? and you were a hardcore raider... you levelled one char your entire life or something? cause i dont know a single semi-hardcore player without 2-3 max level toons. and you couldnt even reach 90 on a single toon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is far more addictive than any previous expansion, due to the huge amount of daily quests and other grinds and time sinks. This can make giving up easier or harder; it's certainly different, but whether it's easier or harder to quit will depend on the person. (Tobacco is more addictive than caffeine. But more people quit tobacco than caffeine; there just isn't much reason to quit caffeine.)
    Last edited by Morsker; 2012-11-06 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    I quit WoW less than two weeks into MoP, so yes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    sure did for me; WotLK was a small step away from what I enjoyed about the game, Cata was a slightly larger step, then once I heard the next expansion would be about panda bears and pet battles, that was the final straw
    It's really not about panda bears and pet battles; that's just the artists making bad first impressions. Artists are weird and sometimes completely lacking in perspective because they love their art so much that they can't tell how someone else might react to it. They made MoP look terrible.

MoP is really about daily quests. There is always another daily quest to do. Always. The world is full of never-ending things to do. Raiders are upset because they try to use "time management" and "schedules" to raid a lot during certain hours, but to completely avoid WoW during other hours, and do different things. But addicts who just live on WoW 18 hours a day won't mind MoP at all, and neither will super-casual players.

I don't really know what kind of game you've been playing if you call this dumbed down and simple. It's been one of the toughest expansions with the most hardcore content available ever thus far. If it's that simple then go try either Challenge modes or heroic raids.

This is not directed solely towards the OP, I've heard this before and I just don't get why anyone would consider this expansion easy.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    I even endured Cata.

But come CRZ and not even one AOE.

Bye, WoW.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the template:

I can't believe what blizzard has done, this expanion is a joke. <insert_last_expansion> was so much better, raids were hard and rewarding and pvp was more balanced, not as good as <insert_old_expansion_you_started_playing>, when everything felt epic. Now in <insert_current_expansion> everything is aimed for casuals, it's so dumb. I wish blizzard would make WoW as it once was, but I don't see it happening. <insert_current_expansion_feature> has ruined the game for me and I'm seriously thinking in canceling my sub.

I like wow even more.. I remember the last months of cata.. Since I had annual pass, I continued to play the game but it was so rarely and I mostly logged on to say hello to friends and so some bgs and maybe lfr.

Now I have something to do when I log on. I got the playstyle of doing whatever I want to do. If I dont feel the urge to do dailys, I dont. SOmetimes I just got to do something in the game even if I dont want to, but I try to keep it at a minimum..

Maybe thats why I have been playing wow since classic? Taking everything into moderation. Though I have been pretty obsessed with wow in periodes.

Right now im sitting at a sweet spot with wow. Always something fun to do online, and I can choose between several fun things. HC dungeons, scenarions, bgs, arena, raid(normal & lfr), dailys, questing in general(Like work on loremaster), work on proffs or whatever.

ANYWAY. Im very happy with wow and wont quit
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    MoP is far more addictive than any previous expansion, due to the huge amount of daily quests and other grinds and time sinks. This can make giving up easier or harder; it's certainly different, but whether it's easier or harder to quit will depend on the person.
    I agree, WoW's community has kinda divided even further, but the main question now is who is there more of? and who will declare their opinion as such with their wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by lupito View Post
    Here's the template:

I can't believe what blizzard has done, this expanion is a joke. <insert_last_expansion> was so much better, raids were hard and rewarding and pvp was more balanced, not as good as <insert_old_expansion_you_started_playing>, when everything felt epic. Now in <insert_current_expansion> everything is aimed for casuals, it's so dumb. I wish blizzard would make WoW as it once was, but I don't see it happening. <insert_current_expansion_feature> has ruined the game for me and I'm seriously thinking in canceling my sub.
    Your template is broken, Wrath was better than cata and (from what ive gathered so far) MoP, and I started in Vanilla; I also think wrath was still better than Vanilla for specific reasons, while also lacking for others at the same time.

Trying to classify everyone who currently dislikes the game as haters and throwing them into the same category only shows your ignorance to criticism, especially if your opinion differs from theirs.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Pvp is more balanced than it has ever been before and hard counters no longer exist.
    LOL

10chars

Deleted
    well I havnt quit but ive got a lot more motivation to do so, im waiting to see how long before blizz change the stupid rep grind things, I dont want to play a game that feels like a sodding job. we`ll see if anything changes within a couple of patches time but yes, mop so far, the way blizz are approaching certain things? they could potentially ruin the game for a lot of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lupito View Post
    Here's the template:

I can't believe what blizzard has done, this expanion is a joke. <insert_last_expansion> was so much better, raids were hard and rewarding and pvp was more balanced, not as good as <insert_old_expansion_you_started_playing>, when everything felt epic. Now in <insert_current_expansion> everything is aimed for casuals, it's so dumb. I wish blizzard would make WoW as it once was, but I don't see it happening. <insert_current_expansion_feature> has ruined the game for me and I'm seriously thinking in canceling my sub. Sub is cancelled, <insert hyped mmo> here i come. Now back to posting all day long about how great <insert expansion, the poster never actually played> was and how much more epic <choose between Ulduar or Sunwell> was!
    You forgot something, i added it for you. Otherwise: Best post ever.