View Poll Results: Has MoP made quitting easier?

Voters
274. This poll is closed
  • Yes

123 44.89%
  • No

151 55.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I started playing again with MoP and regret it. The things I like to do in WoW aren't possible for me in MoP.
    But as always that's just my play style. MoP may be great for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    If the whole expansion will be dailies farming then i will probably stop playing this game more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    So, are you suggesting that Cataclysm was a complex, hardcore raiding expansion? That is not something we've heard a lot of on this forum.
    I'd certainly say that up till DS, quite a few boss mechanics were definitely more complex than just about anything that had come before it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dailies had me questioning whether or not I should bother trying WoW again after I left for GW2 towards the end of Cata. I'm glad I gave it a shot rather than assuming I couldn't do anything without doing dailies. I'm enjoying a slightly heavier focus on PvP, doing smaller doses of PvE and playing with friends again. If anything, quitting the game has become harder for me.

I didn't think it was possible to be a hardcore raider in cata; either you were in a premiere guild downing stuff pre-nerf, or you were in a mediocre guild going 6/7HM FL post nerf and riding 35% to Savior.
    Most people weren't in premiere guilds.

I have enjoyed every expansion Blizzard has thrown at me. At the end of Cata i came close to quitting wow forever. NOT for the reasons that everyone would instantly jump on. Personal reasons to be honest but then i renew my subscription when the last two patches before MOP came out and i enjoyed all the changes they made, the new talent system, pet battles and various other stuff i could get my hands on. Then came the 10 day free trial for MOP. You know the one that lots of people claim it shows that MOP was a huge failure when in fact it was merely a tool used to show old players how awesome the new expansion was. I tried it and i did the first zone, i explored the rest of Pandaria and i loved every moment of it. The storyline in Jade Forest was amazing to the point i cant wait to do it over and over again on all my level 85's. Playing with the farm and the Cooking Masters, hunting down the rarespawns and learning each ones own unique abilities and how to defeat it. I will be buying the expansion on the 16th of this month and i am looking forward to the daily grind, regearing my toons and moving up to LFR. My passion and interest in Wow has been renewed all over again, i feel the same way i did when i first picked this game up 8 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. If/when I ever quit it will be because the game is no longer anything I want to do. In my case, that's unlikely to be tied to a single expansion. I can think of things that might make me sign off forever but it seems unlikely that Blizzard will ever do them. MoP has a lot to do and I'm happy with that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I know everyone's opinions are different, but how the hell did MoP become boring compared to Cata for you, OP? SO much more to do... Or did you prefer sitting in SW? You should at least get to 90 before saying it's boring.
    I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. Stop forgetting how the start of Cataclysm was. It was undeniably the best start to any expansion in the history of this game and MoP pales in comparison. It was just the rest of Cataclysm that sucked ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    I'm curious to see if Mist of Pandaria has made giving up the game easier for some.

I was a hardcore raider in Cata from start to end, and I didn't even get to 90 on my main cause the game became plain an simple, boring, to me.

So has MoP made it easy to quit for you?
    this is funny, I laughed. Hardcore in cata.. hehehehe. Go and try heart of fear, Garalon says hi

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. Stop forgetting how the start of Cataclysm was. It was undeniably the best start to any expansion in the history of this game and MoP pales in comparison. It was just the rest of Cataclysm that sucked ass.
    ^ 4.0 was amazing, 4.1 was the worst thing to ever happen to the world of warcraft. Wanna know why people left? It wasn't that it was hard it was 4.1. only reason 5.1 is okay is cuz they basically gave us more bosses in 5.0 than all of Cata. and each raid gets progressively harder
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yeah thats why so many people left 2 months in right? because it was sooooo amazing?

The start of cata was fucking dumb. All you had to do was heroics. Nothing else. Nothing else at all. heroics that most people couldnt finish and battlegrounds, please stop stateing things as fact. Theres was no other side content you eaither prayed that you get good people in heroics or you just stay in Org afk until Raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    I'm curious to see if Mist of Pandaria has made giving up the game easier for some.

I was a hardcore raider in Cata from start to end, and I didn't even get to 90 on my main cause the game became plain an simple, boring, to me.

So has MoP made it easy to quit for you?
    How did it become so simple suddenly? I don't feel much of a difference between Cata and MoP. Heroic encounters are harder even.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say that MoP made me giving up the game easier. WoW doesn't feel compelling anymore but that's probably because I've been playing this game for so many years now.

The first weeks of MoP have been awesome - especially the leveling phase. But WoW is still WoW. Since the release of MoP I'm playing WoW ultra casually, which is absolutely fine for me. I probably might "quit" WoW for some months - but I'll surely be back when the next content patch hits the live servers. That's just the way it works with WoW: subscribe - being super exicted about the game - feeling bored within the game - unsubscribe - being victimzed by Blizzard's marketing strategies - subscribe - being super exicted about the game - feeling bored within the game...

Quote Originally Posted by XceptOneAlpha View Post
    nope, if anything it renewed my interest in wow
    Exactly this. I was starting to question whether I should keep playing in cata. Now I'm just hooked all over again (going on year 6)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd certainly say that up till DS, quite a few boss mechanics were definitely more complex than just about anything that had come before it.
    H Ragnaros is probably the most fun and challenging encounter since H Lich King. I'm hoping the extra phase on H Sha of Fear will be just as fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Despite my doubts Blizz has done a great job with MoP. I feel like unsubbing due to so many years of playing, raid group is stuck on spiritbinder due to low dps and the new batch of dailies coming with 5.1.

In both WotLK and Cata I quit shortly after getting a toon to max level for 4-6 months and then returned hard at it. I don't think I took a break at all during BC, mainly cause I had not grown tired of game yet.

Last couple nights I didn't bother play WoW but turned on Civ 5 instead.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I agree with you. It's just that there was a lot of hate for Cata raids, claiming they were all too easy. You just don't see many people identifying Cataclysm as a good raiding expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    for me it has. I played Beta, everything was dumbed down again( everytime I think this game couldnt get any more idiot proof, blizz surprises me again). So I unsubscribed and have not missed it since.
    yeah right, thats why you are still trolling a wow forum...

MoP added a lot of stuff to do and definitely brought a hefty amount of content to the table, unlike Cataclysm. I've been playing WoW for 7 years with some breaks here and there, but no expansion, patch, or I'd venture to say natural disaster was as bad a Cataclysm.

I'm still scratching my head over the fact that people feel like they absolutely must complete every daily every day. If you're burnt out on dailys then limit/stop doing them, no one is holding a weapon to you and making you do them every day. I chose to do them all every day to get some free epics and collect my enchanting patterns, its a play style choice.

The dailys ruined mop for me. Everything I heard about mop was about all the new fun stuff to do but a few weeks of nothing to do but dailys made me want to never log on again

Nope made it easier to play 10-15 hours a week and feel like I am constantly progressing my character. Games is moving to a more casual audience so yes if you raided hardcore 25+ hours a week and had no other responsibility's then I could understand how you see it as dumbed down now but for the majority of us it is working out quite nicely.