Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    BC is still my favorite expansion. It's the only one I've stayed up for the release of. My first raid was Kara, still my favorite raid! Good times.

Deleted
    Okay let's play this game.

I remember WotLK fondly. I joined around the end of 3.2 was amazed by the atmosphere of Northrend, the great music, the epic raids, the gear..

I also remember how I couldn't get past the first boss of ICC because of the gearscore epidemic. I had to constantly grind for badges every day and ended up with two pieces of 251 gear before the end of the expac.

Good times.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Wow, Burning Crusade? You're so old school, and such a veteran player.

Was that what you wanted to hear?
    You're so angry, why would you be angry? All this guy did was post a thread on the forums to say what he thought about WoW and you come in here and flame him for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to laugh the other day discussing BC raiding with an old raid buddy... I raided a lot in BC. I mean, a lot a lot. Seven days a week, sometimes two raids in the same night, on four characters, one as raid leader and another as DPS captain.

Sunday - Kz farming for badge gear
    Monday - Primary 25man
    Tuesday - ZA bear run / KZ badge farming (depending on ZA lockout)
    Wednesday - ZA alt run / Gruul & Mags raid
    Thursdays - ZA bear run / KZ badge farming (depending on ZA lockout)
    Friday - Primary 25man
    Saturday - Different 25man

After 3.0 when Sunwell got nerfed, we replaced T/W/Th raids with a three day Sunwell raid to see if we could beat KJ before Wrath dropped (nope ).

That was crazy, though. I don't want to do that again.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I stopped reading after the bullshit part about "Aldor would have given me 3 more sp". That right there is proof of how terrible the game was compared to how it is now. Having to grind out 82k rep just for a minor upgrade, ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Can someone sum this up in 10 words or less?
    A sentance, seems to be trolling - someone who cannot read?

I loved TBC.
    I really did.

But the game evolved we should evolve with it.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

I think the Lore behind an expansion really helps to make a successful expansion. Therefore BC and WoTLK are going to win out, however... the AQ world event was pretty epic.

I'm holding out hope that MoP lore is going to be epic... what is Wrathion doing!?!? no really what is he doing I haven't had time to find him because of all the dailies I'm doing... j/k

Well yeah, I had the same feelings with wrath. I joined late TBC did kara a few times and downed illi ( was hella carried by my guild died pretty much every encounter XD) and spent most of my new experiences in wrath. Really it just depends when you join the game and thats when you have these feelings of nostalgia. I spent most of my early days in wrath so i remember that the best, for you it was TBC. The only reason the world doesnt seem as adventurous or the content as original is you are used to it. You've seen it all before you've experienced it all before. It's no longer a land of wonderment and adventure to you, after awhile it just becomes a game : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Rife with factual errors and rose-tinted glasses.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanick View Post
    I remember getting to exalted Scryer only to realize that aldor would've gotten me 3 more sp! so i collected the turn ins to make the aldor exalted... from max hated... that took about my entire life... Not
    But was it fun?

But back to raiding, attunement, as some of you may know, is the process of getting yourself ready to enter an instance through a quest chain or some other achievement chain. This also made you feel very good about walking into the instance. I remember hitting 70, playing the rocky theme song as i do when all my characters get to max level, and instantly equipping my Bringer of Death staff and heading over to Karazhan to pick up the attunement quests. They told me of the story of Kara and how i needed to go underground nearby to defeat spirits there. I did so and then proceeded to turn in the quests, finally having to acquire items from the instances i mentioned previously. However as i finally finished my attunement and was ready for Kara raiding, i felt great about it,
    But was it fun?

and who remembers buffing 5 groups of people, WITH REAGENTS none the less!
    But was it fun?

...helpful for him, so after a certain point, it was to stack the other stats (i didn't play a rogue so sorry if thats erroneous, but the general idea holds) and you did this through attaining offsets of gear, not by reforging.
    But was it fun?

But i make this post not to simply be nostalgic, but to show all the current raiders and people saying "why do i has to do dailies to get gear? WTF?" that it used to not be thought of as an option, you did them. Day in and day out. Why? Cause i needed the gold to repair, i needed to get potions to chain chug and flasks and consumables and food when feasts weren't real.
    BUt was it fun?

I didn't get gear out of dailies (though some i did), i needed the money to pay for my raid every night, and i did this at 60% speed on my flyer, not 150%, because i didn't have 5k for 280%. Try flying from Blades Edge to Skettis on a 60% flyer, then see how terrible dailies are.
    But was it fun?

I remember people in Kara still, starting a new guild, when Sunwell came out, you did EVERY RAID every week, not just the current top teir.
    Really? All I remember was how hard it was getting into a good raiding guild if you were behind...

Farewell for now, and remember that you don't play for loot, you play to better yourself, so if that means doing dailies, do them. if that means grinding up professions, do them. Be happy you have bettered yourself instead of loathing that you had to at all.
    Ah so it's not about fun is it?

Sorry for the childish responses in between, because I do agree to an extent that it used to be much harder. But there an undertone I strongly disagree with. Because I think that first and most you should be playing to have fun. Improving yourself is maybe 2nd but still way behind.
    Also I cannot stress enough that I think that BLizzard has found a good balance now since all the boring grind are in fact optional. That wasn't the case in previous expansions, at least not to this extent. And yes I strongly believe you don't NEED the gear from the dailies, but you WANT it. And if it's not needed then it's your playstyle choice for going after it. And thus there is no reason to whine and complain, because there is an option of foregoing them altogether if you hate the dailies.

MoP is by far the expansion with the most choices and options to choose your path without forcing you in one direction because there's no alternative or different path to explore.
    Last edited by velde046; 2012-11-07 at 11:30 PM.

I remember when I got my first quest reward in the Outlands.
    Damn how my mouth was watering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this new and exciting, WoW was previously better we get it, what do you want to happen?

Deleted
    The OP isn't trying to be nostalgic he is pointing out to the daily whiners how little they have to do today compared to what we did back tbc.

TBC owns the ass outta MoP for a rediculous amount of grinding just for an edge in raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its starting to get cold outside yay!

WoW isn't a museum...but I wish it was :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Xuk View Post
    The OP isn't trying to be nostalgic he is pointing out to the daily whiners how little they have to do today compared to what we did back tbc.

TBC owns the ass outta MoP for a rediculous amount of grinding just for an edge in raiding.
    That's not even a good thing.

By the by i never meant MoP sucks, i still play it, a bit too much actually, just sharing my nostalgia and love for BC :P just wish some ppl didnt bitch about having to fly to instances or do an hours worth the dailies is all, which i put in a ton of words

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I stopped reading after the bullshit part about "Aldor would have given me 3 more sp". That right there is proof of how terrible the game was compared to how it is now. Having to grind out 82k rep just for a minor upgrade, ok.
    I didnt say you HAD to do this, just that i was hardcore enough to want that 3 sp, cause it made a difference as a shadow priest, who relied almost entirely on sp, noone else i know did this really

Only thing I would really enjoy from BC if they somehow magically brought it back is QD for the epic pvp, that's IT.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR Rose tinted goggles.

Enjoy BC so much? Oh, aye. It was fantastic having entire talent trees that were un-viable for anything (retri being the worst), raid progression meant that if you dinged 70 in the Sunwell patch or something, you were snookered.

"Hey guys, can I come to Sunwell with you?"

"Yeah, sure. All you have to do is go through Kara, Grrul and Maggy for about 6 weeks hoping you'll get the gear. Do the same for SSC and TK and THEN AGAIN for Mount Hyjal and Black Temple and then we might have a place for you."