Deleted

Blizzard support copy paste

Hello, I wrote a ticket to Blizzard, but they clearly didn't read what I said. Am I the only person who expect better service than copy paste?

Here is what I wrote:

Hello, one of my addons sold some of my Scroll of wisdom to a vendor, and I found out too late. The item ain't on the restore item page, so could you please restore it to me?

Here is the reply:

Greetings,
    Thank you for your petition. I am sorry to inform you that this is not an issue that we are able to assist with, as Game Masters no longer offer restorations of items lost or sold in error. This is because we now have a self-service option that will allow you to check your characters for missing items and return them automatically through the mail system. You can find this system on our website by clicking the support link and then the item restoration button. You can search all characters on your account and pick which items that you would like back, which will then be sent as CoD or evaluated by a Game Master if disenchanted, as we need to reclaim the gained materials.
    If you have already used the service and it is on cool down I am sorry to say that you will need to wait for this to expire and then try to use the service again.
    I am afraid that if the item you are looking for is not on the list shown in the system there, we will not be able to restore the item, as it uses the same system that Game Masters can see.
    Regards,
    Blizzard Entertainment Europe

They could just have answered with the last lines instead of a whole text.

It explained the situation properly, and you got the answer you needed. What is the problem again? That you had to read "too much" or something? Unneccessary thread.

They probably put that first paragraph in as a default for any item restore ticket because not everyone understands the process. This is a standard customer service process. I don't see an issue.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Always do it trough in game ticket, slower reply but more personal and probably bigger chance for help.

Other than that, the answer is clear
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I can only imagine the Game Master staff gets millions of tickets a day. If you honestly expect every GM to hand write every single ticket they get, especially when they probably get the same type of request over and over, then you're insane or extremely ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    I can only imagine the Game Master staff gets millions of tickets a day. If you honestly expect every GM to hand write every single ticket they get, especially when they probably get the same type of request over and over, then you're insane or extremely ignorant.
    I got them during WotLK within hours. Even some GM chats then.

What's the difference between service in WotLK and now?

Now, I'm lucky to get a copy and paste reply in 3 days. Last one was one, and had to reply back that it had nothing to do with my compliant. Waited another day for a reply from someone ALIVE at Blizzard.

I don't make that many tickets, less than 10 in 3 years. At least they can prioritize between the prolific ticket types and those who rarely put tickets in (because some do abuse the system like that).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Now, I'm lucky to get a copy and paste reply in 3 days. Last one was one, and had to reply back that it had nothing to do with my compliant. Waited another day for a reply from someone ALIVE at Blizzard.

I don't make that many tickets, less than 10 in 3 years. At least they can prioritize between the prolific ticket types and those who rarely put tickets in (because some do abuse the system like that).
    What added value does Blizzard get by responding to your reply in a few hours vs responding in three days? I realize you don't think 10 tickets in three years is much, but extrapolate that over 10m subs. You need hundreds of people to respond to that kind of volume. Using copy/paste responses is one way to help manage the turn around time.

You whine like nobody's business. Most likely your "complaint" tickets are you trying to tell customer service that you much you hate WoW and that Blizzard is evil, etc etc. I think if I got a ticket from you I'd probably just trash it and not waste time responding because people like you are just jaded fools interested only in being unhappy.

Deleted
    Can't really see the problem, you wrote your ticket, they clearly replied that they no longer provide restorations unless the item is able to be restored using the web service. Next time don't use such a stupid addon.

PS: To Kevyne, damn dude, every single thread I open you have some sob story on how wow has wronged you lately, I think you have some mutated form of Munchhausen and Stockholm syndrome, where you just make stuff up regarding every aspect of wow hurting you, but you can't stop thinking and writing about it, maybe it's time to move on mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    You wish.

And what? This is a open-and-shut case.
    Blizzard can't waste manpower on restoring vendored items, boom, system to do it for you. Even if someone looked at your ticket (fyi, keywords like "sold" "vendor" will give you a automated response) they'd simply say that if the item is no longer in their logs it's gone. That's about six weeks by the way. They'd only restore the item if it was in their logs, and if the item restore can't do it, nor can they.

And really, you lost an item that takes a day to replace...
    Frankly no, I do not expect them to not send automated responses when they have to deal with atleast 100k tickets a day. I prefer them to answer tickets were there's an actual issue, not vendored items or people ninjaing trinkets
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    They told you they can't do it. What is the problem?

I thought you could ticket restore just about anything, that kind of sucks.

I dunno about that, I remember waiting like a week for a response to several tickets back in Wrath and yet it only took days or even hours the last time I lodged one (which was either late Cata or early MoP, can't remember). Probably just random or depends on your type of ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    You wish.
    No wish to it. The authenticator issue was a surprise, because by the time I called them they already investigated it too. What 30 minutes tops?

I don't dilly dally along. If I need the help of Blizzard it's something worth the ticket time.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."