High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Budget student rig... Suggestions?

Okay well my little sisters of to uni to study law (or something like that) and doesn't really like that idea of not being able game online with me anymore or come home every other night so wants a computer for casual gaming (classics / WOW) and to skype home to the parents

So shes asked if i can build her a rig for uni; doesn't want to spend much due to no student loan or financial help..
    she has a budget of £300-350; which she know isn't going to get her a performance powerhouse.

After abit of browsing online to see what a few sites could offer me she brought me this

Computer Case; Black ATX Tower Case
    CPU; AMD Athlon II X2 250 2MB (2 x 3.0 GHZ)
    Memory; 8 GB 1333 MHZ (2x4GB) - (DDR3)
    Graphics Card; ***Already own***
    Motherboard; Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 (AMD 760G) - VGA/DVI/HDMI
    Sound Card; ***Already own***
    Power Supply; 700W PSU
    Hard Drive #1; 500 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 16MB

Considering she only wants it for WOW and few classics and to skype the parents I was pretty happy with the price of £269 (including P&P and VAT)

Just curious to know if anyone had any similar setups for around the same budget?

15+ Year Old Account
    that computer only needs a 500W PSU so you can save some money there (maybe)

I would go with the new AMD APU's if you're going to go with AMD. The A10-5800K or A8-5600K and an FM2 motherboard

edit: also a sound card is unnecessary, the motherboard will have a built-in soundcard
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mIQk perhaps something alike?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the response llDemonll; I will admit I get a little carried away with psu's I went for the 700W because I didn't want to put a 1200 in it :P but you are right a 500 would be more than enough I'm sure

Sound card is a ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound card she won it as part of a college tournament runner up prize and wants it as a 'trophy' :P

Deleted
    talk about a sweet price ^^, also build i made i didn't max out the budget want me to try that aswell? (also anything special wanted for case etc?)

Deleted
    What kind of GPU do you have for her?
    If its good enough i would go with the i2100 build from shroudster. Otherwise a trinity build might be better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I very much liked the build you linked case she doesn't care for, she very much just prefers standard black cases :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post
    Yeah I very much liked the build you linked case she doesn't care for, she very much just prefers standard black cases :P
    Alright , what gpu do you already have ?
    also you could go for an i5-2500k and push just 10 pound over the budget but it would be very future proof( just an option ,but it would make a solid foundation for future upgrades allong the line in years to come with new gpu heavier games etc)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The GPU she has is an GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Deleted
    The GPU she has is an GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    well combine that with a 2500k and she still ends up getting quite the powerhouse rig
    or you can stick with the i3 and get a small ssd for lightning fast OS (that is if you want to use the full budget)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big thanks guys; gone about £90 over her budget but I guess I can chip that in for her; gone for the i5- 2500k like shroudster suggested

Once again big thanks to you all

Deleted
    Big thanks guys; gone about £90 over her budget but I guess I can chip that in for her; gone for the i5- 2500k like shroudster suggested

Once again big thanks to you all
    where did that £90 come from? don't tell me that are just taxes

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah nah all the taxes where inc with the price; but the place I ordered the parts from a local dealer and he had Razer blackwidows for £40 if you spend more than £300 in store figured its worth it compared to what she has then just a few extras like headset and stuff