Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Dakkroth (on shaman) gets hit by a 300k heroic strike oneshot (video)



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIw4MAUFCaM

    blizzard really should consider adjusting some warrior abilities.
    Last edited by Sombrero; 2012-11-07 at 01:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Cairm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    1,417
    oooooooook............I don't know what to say for real.

    Sounds like level 60 shaman WF.

  3. #3
    What the hell?! Are you sure this ain't some kind of bug/exploit?

  4. #4
    Have you any clue how long it takes and how much luck you have to have to build up enough for Heroic Strike to hit remotely that hard? Terribly misrepresentation. A warrior's not just going to pop his cooldowns at the start and immediately hit a Heroic Strike for that hard.

    Heroic Strike is NOT the source of Warrior Imbalance.
    HEAVIEST: 361 lbs.
    CURRENT: 257.6 lbs.
    GOAL: Healthy 185 by end of 2014.

  5. #5
    The Patient Haunted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England <3
    Posts
    345
    And videos like this will end up in warriors getting nerfed in other places where they are fine, since people will complain about the wrong things
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    "Dear Diary,
    Today, Sylvanas was a total B when I told her to do what I said. Totally uncool. I wish dad was here, but he had to go off and be a horrible disgrace. I know Thrall told me he was a hero, but Thrall's a total human-lover. Gag me with a spoon. That guy is laaaaaame. Anyway, Diary, I have to go. My jaw tattoo needs a touchup. OMG I know, my tats are totes adorbs. Lates! XXXO - Garrosh"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIw4MAUFCaM

    seems like the warrior class is a balanced one.
    blizzard thoughts: "working as intended"

  7. #7
    Epic! OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,630
    In all honesty, if you can get a 5 stack of Taste for Blood in PvP, you deserve to one-shot someone!

    It's that rare.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    469
    Im hitting for over 200k a lot. have hit 300k a few times and 400k a handfull of times. TFB stack=5 plus trink, racials, player being below 20% as a warrior. But also hit 200k-300k A LOT on my DK, without having a threshold to meet.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    In all honesty, if you can get a 5 stack of Taste for Blood in PvP, you deserve to one-shot someone!

    It's that rare.
    Not even just in PvP. As arms, in PvE getting 5 stacks of Taste for Blood is one of the most amazing feelings in the game. Arms is a pretty boring spec, but each time Taste for Blood procs a stack higher than 2, my eyes get wider and wider in anticipation.

    It's also a big gamble holding off until the latest possible moment, especially in a PvP setting. Being able to stay on your target long enough to take that risk should be rewarding.
    HEAVIEST: 361 lbs.
    CURRENT: 257.6 lbs.
    GOAL: Healthy 185 by end of 2014.

  10. #10
    my 3s partner [warrior] did something similar to this last night in arenas, literally killed someone in 1 sec randomly while we were trying to peel their burst. we all just started laughing. armoried the guy after and he had like 58% resil.. was another warrior. they're team was well over 2k mmr not that it could have been a l2p issue with that type of thing anyway. we couldnt tell what he hit him with because it didnt show on the log, and i didnt have bleeds on the guy.. so i dunno.

    somethings going on, imo.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-11-06 at 06:20 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Have you any clue how long it takes and how much luck you have to have to build up enough for Heroic Strike to hit remotely that hard? Terribly misrepresentation. A warrior's not just going to pop his cooldowns at the start and immediately hit a Heroic Strike for that hard.

    Heroic Strike is NOT the source of Warrior Imbalance.
    Actually, that crit happened like 30 seconds into the game. I haven't watched the video the OP posted and thus I do not know if it shows the match starting or just the actual crit - he must've gotten a proc from every single overpower he done in those 30 seconds, surely, which is extremely lucky but still dumb as fuck; warriors really do not need TFB to stack higher than like 2 (and maybe bump the proc chance to 40 or 45, but that wouldn't even be needed), that would keep the overall damage a warrior gets out of HC over the course of one match roughly the same because you hardly stack it higher than that anyway and would reduce the stupid 1-shot RNG ala chaos bolt.

    Anyway, it's not a massive issue and it won't really ever happen. Warriors are imbalanced because of cooldown stacking and utility overload, not because they can get a heroic strike for 300k in arena once in every 300 games.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Have you any clue how long it takes and how much luck you have to have to build up enough for Heroic Strike to hit remotely that hard? Terribly misrepresentation. A warrior's not just going to pop his cooldowns at the start and immediately hit a Heroic Strike for that hard.

    Heroic Strike is NOT the source of Warrior Imbalance.
    it tooked him like 20 seconds.. what are you talking about???

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIw4MAUFCaM

    seems like the warrior class is a balanced one.
    I hate to sound like a typical "hater" and you probably think I play a warrior, but I don't but this needs to be said.

    "He didn't stop the warrior, and this is his punishment, this isn't imbalanced, this is just the shaman being bad."

    Quickly think about this; If you gave an unloaded pistol and an unloaded rocket launcher to someone, plus the ammunition to the person, who would most likely win the battle...? The pistol would because they would load the ammo quicker and shoot first as the rocket launcher has such a long time to load, position and fire. If you are the person holding the pistol and you let that person with the rocket launcher set up, load it (slowly) and then fire at you... you cannot say the rocket launcher is more superior in combat than a pistol, sure it does more damage, but you should realise that power was only useable because you let him set it up. This is exactly the same as Taste for blood... that is a rocket launcher, please stop letting your opponent load it (which takes ages) and then complain that it is too strong.

    Let me quickly explain. Taste for blood is the talent that causes this damage and needs to stack to 5 times to do this "300k hit". If you are letting a warrior get up 5 stacks, then this is the result. Now knowing that (because I just told you) you may be able see why it is the shaman's fault. No yet? Well the buff is a stacking one but, it only has a 30% chance to apply. Basically you have to get lucky and keep stacking it. 1 decent cc will make the stacks drop. So what do you do if you see these stacks getting to 2 or 3, (at the latest 4, which is too high already)...cc time.

    Sick of people saying warriors are OP because their burst hurts or their execute is actually a "finisher" move. The "OP" part of warriors was just the burst being mixed with the control they had through silences from gag order. Avatar was a little bit too strong, but not far off balance"... oh wait what is being changed in 5.1 at this point, the silence and the avatar.... not the burst. Everyone has burst, mages, warlocks, feral druids, boomkins, ret pallys, hunters. Warriors are being balanced via their control, these "crits" you see on youtube do not illustrate a broken class, just a bad pvper recording what is done to them.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodeffekt View Post
    I hate to sound like a typical "hater" and you probably think I play a warrior, but I don't but this needs to be said.

    "He didn't stop the warrior, and this is his punishment, this isn't imbalanced, this is just the shaman being bad."

    Quickly think about this; If you gave an unloaded pistol and an unloaded rocket launcher to someone, plus the ammunition to the person, who would most likely win the battle...? The pistol would because they would load the ammo quicker and shoot first as the rocket launcher has such a long time to load, position and fire. If you are the person holding the pistol and you let that person with the rocket launcher set up, load it (slowly) and then fire at you... you cannot say the rocket launcher is more superior in combat than a pistol, sure it does more damage, but you should realise that power was only useable because you let him set it up. This is exactly the same as Taste for blood... that is a rocket launcher, please stop letting your opponent load it (which takes ages) and then complain that it is too strong.

    Let me quickly explain. Taste for blood is the talent that causes this damage and needs to stack to 5 times to do this "300k hit". If you are letting a warrior get up 5 stacks, then this is the result. Now knowing that (because I just told you) you may be able see why it is the shaman's fault. No yet? Well the buff is a stacking one but, it only has a 30% chance to apply. Basically you have to get lucky and keep stacking it. 1 decent cc will make the stacks drop. So what do you do if you see these stacks getting to 2 or 3, (at the latest 4, which is too high already)...cc time.

    Sick of people saying warriors are OP because their burst hurts or their execute is actually a "finisher" move. The "OP" part of warriors was just the burst being mixed with the control they had through silences from gag order. Avatar was a little bit too strong, but not far off balance"... oh wait what is being changed in 5.1 at this point, the silence and the avatar.... not the burst. Everyone has burst, mages, warlocks, feral druids, boomkins, ret pallys, hunters. Warriors are being balanced via their control, these "crits" you see on youtube do not illustrate a broken class, just a bad pvper recording what is done to them.
    no...this is not ok, even as an outlier. don't try to justify that.. haha. it just sounds silly.

    ps.. did you really just call Dakkroth a bad pvper? i would love to see your armory if you're going to throw around that kind of language about a guy like that.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-11-06 at 04:49 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    In all honesty, if you can get a 5 stack of Taste for Blood in PvP, you deserve to one-shot someone!

    It's that rare.
    I agree with this to an extent. TfB stacking 5 times is rare enough as it is, in PvP it's much more challenging due to the constant threat of character control being lost.

    Saying warriors are imbalanced because of a high RNG ability is looking at it from the wrong light. People are always so quick to jump the gun when they don't understand something... God I remember all of the fucking bickering, crying and outburst of complaining that ensued when Cartoonz released videos of him playing around in the beta in the Temple of Kotmogu BG. 1-shotting everyone with huge Arcane Blast or Pyro crits with full stacks of the orb buff/debuff. Rule of WoW: Don't understand something but you get your balls punched in? Better complain about it being OP!

  16. #16
    It's not the fact that it takes a lot to build up, and hence is rare, but there should never, ever be any chance of this happening. WoW should not be about RNG kills. There is no skill in waiting for a proc and then pressing a button and killing someone from full.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  17. #17
    It's funny to see, seing as Dak is one of the best warrior players out there . Got a taste of his own medicine.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I agree with this to an extent. TfB stacking 5 times is rare enough as it is, in PvP it's much more challenging due to the constant threat of character control being lost.

    Saying warriors are imbalanced because of a high RNG ability is looking at it from the wrong light. People are always so quick to jump the gun when they don't understand something... God I remember all of the fucking bickering, crying and outburst of complaining that ensued when Cartoonz released videos of him playing around in the beta in the Temple of Kotmogu BG. 1-shotting everyone with huge Arcane Blast or Pyro crits with full stacks of the orb buff/debuff. Rule of WoW: Don't understand something but you get your balls punched in? Better complain about it being OP!
    we understand the sh*t fine, babe. that type of damage should NEVER happen in arena. wtf is wrong w/ people?
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-11-06 at 04:58 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It's not the fact that it takes a lot to build up, and hence is rare, but there should never, ever be any chance of this happening. WoW should not be about RNG kills. There is no skill in waiting for a proc and then pressing a button and killing someone from full.
    But it isn't really an RNG kill. It is simply an RNG for them to stack the buff. So you have given them a LOW chance (which is rng) to get it high enough to cause this stupidity, but the CC will break this chain and with the 40 or whatever different kids of cc available, there is always time to use it to stop these stacks being that high. Therefore they don't get rng kills, they get rng on a buff and if they have no one monitoring it and letting them slowly get it up... they punish you for your mistake. That is the essence of PvP, being punished for making the wrong move.

  20. #20
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    265
    Taste of Blood is so RNG that it's stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •