Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I own Maokai, and I'm a few days away from purchasing Trundle, so I'll be able to compare them soon.

But as of now, Maokai is a very strong jungle, very strong ganker, and very strong tank, with a huge aoe defensive cooldown for his team. His poke is strong, his initiate is great, and that knock up on a short cooldown is great for interupting Kats and Nunu ults. He's a little tough early on when learning him, but once you get the hang of him, he's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    As others said, currently, Moaki is much better
    But if they return old jungle system (and they should), I'd vote Trundle then
    Really now everyone with cloth armor and 5 pots clear jungle
    Not even. Almost anyone that can jungle can clear it with boots/3 pots for faster clears, trundle included.

For spead, trundle and Maokai are about even. Trundle is single target, but his Q is practically a second Smite that's almost spammable, so it evens out.

As for ganks, though, Maokai is much better, and will stay that way even in season three, imo. Trundles pillar just isn't that good. Having Maokai have a gap closer + Snare in one ability is nasty, then being able to knock them back after that, possibly into an exhaust or another stun? It's really nice.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Deleted
    Maokai is just superior and much more aggresive, so way better ganks. It has more group utility aswell and u dont have to worry about a misplaced wall blocking your team.

Deleted
    Finally Hit the 4800 mark and decided to get Maokai, best decision ever made, thank you for the feedback guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Finally Hit the 4800 mark and decided to get Maokai, best decision ever made, thank you for the feedback guys
    You made the right choice as of now at least, who knows Trundle could be amazing with the new jungle changes.
    Hey everyone