Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue Soloing Thread [Updated to MoP!] -

Hi!

Please see This thread! for the most up to date guide on rogue soloing!

Stay in the shadows!
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2012-11-06 at 10:02 PM. Reason: EDITING

10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful layout, although some lines like "Feral Spec, maximum burst DPS talents (NV, Inc, Renewal optional). Glyph skull bash and burn her asap. Refresh rip before disorients start landing." definitely go in the edit pile hehe.

Muga, its very much a WIP, I just wanted to throw it up, so i could see what I was working with clearing out the text etc now! all we need is info, since whats 'easy' to druids, isnt neccesarily going to be for us!

its a start!

I love the "don't hesitate to cast heals to survive" part on Rage Winterchill

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend you to this thread.

Both because it's not an edited copy-paste of a Druid post, and also because it's older and a continuation of our Cataclysm thread.

Great to know Kalecgos is skippable, though. This is huge news to me. Guess I'll be solo-farming two legendaries tonight!
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I know my thread is little less clear than this. But I made it less than a week ago with updated info.....Sooo.... You could of PM me on the forums to change the layout to this, And even then. I would have to do alot of editing to take out the druid parts and update it with rogue stuff. We seriously don't need two threads....
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2012-11-06 at 08:06 PM.

Small addition, Reliquary of Souls is NOT doable solo. It is not doable with 2. Even warrior/rogue can not interrupt the Shock fast enough and you get overwhelmed.

I have gotten it CLOSE by using a pvp trinq to get out of the disorient but even then I couldn't finish the boss. You really need 3 dps for that fight.

Edit: You could also list that the dragon in Stonecore is soloable for his mount. Fairly easy fight, dont stand in shit and keep recuperate up.

Quote Originally Posted by deadsovl View Post
    Small addition, Reliquary of Souls is NOT doable solo. It is not doable with 2. Even warrior/rogue can not interrupt the Shock fast enough and you get overwhelmed.

I have gotten it CLOSE by using a pvp trinq to get out of the disorient but even then I couldn't finish the boss. You really need 3 dps for that fight.

Edit: You could also list that the dragon in Stonecore is soloable for his mount. Fairly easy fight, dont stand in shit and keep recuperate up.
    RoS is soloable.... I think there a video or a forum link in my thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    RoS is soloable.... I think there a video or a forum link in my thread..
    Just looked through your post, no video. I would love to see it though.

Still not a video but ill give it a try.

Deleted
    Even though this is taken, as you mentioned, from the druid thread, the layout and content is superior to the other rogue solo thread we have here. Quite roguish indeed to make this thread when a similar one exists already, then again I think this one might actually work better. I suggest you tweak the difficulty ratings on some encounters.

He could give me the code via PM and I can redo it for rogues. And keep the old thread. Just an Idea. We really don't need two threads and confusing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I know my thread is little less clear than this. But I made it less than a week ago with updated info.....Sooo.... You could of PM me on the forums to change the layout to this, And even then. I would have to do alot of editing to take out the druid parts and update it with rogue stuff. We seriously don't need two threads....
    Actually, I tried to communicate with you several times, both in threads, and through private messages, both times you were unresponsive. further to that, people have been adding things to that thread, which you are simply ignoring, such as Bovan's stuff (see my other post about rogue forums)

so I grabbed the bull by the horns.

the code is taken from the druid thread, but as you can see is being edited out as I go through it all. this is far neater and smoother then a horrible unformatted list of 1 persons personal soloing. If i cant even contact somebody to try and HELP them with a thread, how hard is it going to be to gt it updated? I have the time to put in the work, and Ive taken steps to do so.

there will be video links again, once I go through it.

This is not a 'battle' but a 4 page thread on one person's soloing experience, with some input from others that never makes it to the top. isnt really a valuable resource of information in my opinion.

EDIT: Anything that says Filler, needs content. be it a kill confirmation or any specifics of the fight and what it entails.

I also need to know, is there a general consensus yet on an 'optimal solo spec' of course some encounters need something special, but for the most part for eg, do we have a base spec? I know what I use, not sure if it tallies.

EDIT 2: right, thats most of the info parsed out thats irrelevant to us! all we need now.. is well, information.
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2012-11-06 at 08:50 PM.

I have 0 private msg from you. And you posted once in my thread saying "Is the ZG mount boss soloable" or something like that. And Now I see you have an edit saying if you can PM me info. You could of just PM me

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

This is not a 'battle' but a 4 page thread on one person's soloing experience, with some input from others that never makes it to the top. isnt really a valuable resource of information in my opinion.
    It really doesn't make sense to have two forum posts on the same idea and confusing people looking for info.

RoS has been solo'd numerous times. By DK's. rogues, druids wars..ect. There are plenty of videos out there. Dont be so lazy to mouse click or type.

Edit: As for myself. I two man it weekly. Pally-Warrior.
    Last edited by Bytch; 2012-11-06 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    In his defense he did post something about "fleshing out" your guide. I did also notice that contributions from other players were ignored in your thread, and while I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, maybe someone with more time on their hands and attention might do a more comprehensive guide? Regardless, I am glad to see such passion for rogue soloing. I remember being very excited when Recuperate was announced for this very reason. Keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhshamanlol and Raldazzar:
    If you're just trying to talk to each other, take it to PMs...

I don't think it'll make a significant difference who ends up updating an OP, but the coding borrowed from the druid forum is really a lot cleaner. As for cluttering/confusing users... I doubt 2 threads on a topic is too much to sift through, and we should see one more heavily updated.

The 2 solutions I see that lead to the best movement forward are either Enh taking the coding and updating the first MoP solo thread or Rald running this one, updating it often, particularly with information from the other thread and new information coming forward, much of which is likely to come from Enh. Either one is going to require you two to talk.

Update my thread with this layout. I had 0 PM from while I was editing my page.

Enhshaman, feel free to pm me as Muga suggested. Im not going to argue on a forum.

EDIT: Since he has taken the design anyway, so long as he actually agrees to update it and not treat it like his personal list. I have no objections to closing mine. should his not be updated its not exactly hard to start up again.

Enhshaman, I expect you to edit yours and give credit where its due to Braindwen. I see no credit so far. thankfully he was kind enough to give me permission to lift his code, so im sure he wont have a problem with it, but still, have some respect.

Mod please close this. Thanks

Next up is the FAQ !
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2012-11-06 at 09:57 PM.