Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think they are cool, but I do wonder why Blizz didn't give us a PVP raid and gave us this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by illinivb7 View Post
    Old world bosses required coordination and thus was competitive in nature because you did not just steamroll it. Just because Bliz missed this part while watering down content to make it accessible for all is not inherent to world bosses in general but just their game development.
    This x1000.

Old world bosses were actually hard. They took effort. You couldn't just spam a tag with an instant spell and then proceed to faceroll it with 40 people you aren't talking to. Nor could you zerg them down. If you died, you got a debuff that prevented you from providing assistance in the fight for 2 minutes, or heck... you just wiped flat outright like on original Kazzak. That's why they were good.

You could camp them, sure, but then you had to assemble your raid (with the correct roles), and hope you didn't wipe because the boss could actually kill you. As long as you have a tag on Galleon, there's 100% zero chance you will die to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere south in the United States.. <.<
    World bosses make the reward you get them so much greater due to all the fighting that goes on before you even get a decent kill going. I love the pvp that comes with them. It's awesome as good as Shrine PvP lol
    Feral is my life... Meow!!!! Cats! I'm a kitty cat! =3

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    100% zero chance
    Lol. Wording of the century.

Honestly I really enjoy them. If you don't like them or have lag, don't fight or go near them. I think it makes the world feel more alive to have large creatures like this in it. I wish they had more. To me it is like dealing with large dragons, giants or the other massive creatures that make a good RPG (such as pencil and paper RPGs like DND) feel more epic and special. Not all dragons are in lairs. They need to go outside for food sometimes. Same with other large beasties.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    Lol. Wording of the century.
    Haha.

I realize what I said just now o_O;; Whatever!

The main problem really is the predictible spawn times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    i blame the countless "instances" blizzard uses for everything
    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    I don't see the issue people have with world bosses, they added some nostalgia element, everyone that raided serious back in vanilla could tell you that this is how world bosses worked, you didn't need an organized raid group to kill them, only be in the right place at the right time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Sha is simple...but since I'm on a pvp server the fights can be pretty lengthy due to all the ganking going on.
    yea i can imagine on pvp servers, the world boss areas would actually be fairly active

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is exactly why we wanted them back. 200+ campers = world PvP.
    Not on an imbalanced server.

Deleted
    I've no idea how it works now (quit before MoP) but should be damn great fun if people got rewarded based on contribution (not simply for raid that tags it).
    Also the way GW2 tries to slightly reduce stress in big fights is by not loading ALL the players in the vicinity, only part of them.. Though this might not work in WoW, with the trinity and shiz. I imagine though that you could do it by placing priority on only showing people in your raid/group.

Deleted
    You forget that world bosses in classic wow was actually hard, and not done by every single retard in the game.

At least something happens now instead of ANOTHER instance with lootpinatas.

Anyone got a screenshot of orgrimmar full of players waiting in queue? That's why they added world bosses.

Good thing I don't need any gear from galleon or those 300+ people camping him would be slowing me down...

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is exactly why we wanted them back. 200+ campers = world PvP.
    If there were actually over 200 people present and it wasn't a 150/50 split, maybe I could agree. Usually, though, it's one faction who's obviously going for it and the other griefing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    i think the sha and galleon their spawn times are too different considering they pretty much drop on par gear.
    (sure sha can drop lower ilvl pvp stuff, but pve is same ilvl.

so why is one 15min and the other 2-5 days? makes no sense, sure you can make galleon spawn less quick then sha but make it 6-12 hours instead 2-5 days.
    personally i would prefer if the sha spawned a bit less frequent just too make galleon its absurb respawn time more acceptable.

World bosses could work in games like earlier EQ1 simply because it was designed around building proper inter-guild communication for raiding. But not in WoW for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    You forget that world bosses in classic wow was actually hard, and not done by every single retard in the game.
    You forget that people playing in classic didn't really use word "retard" unless they were the ones always camping Goldshire and spamming people with duels. Don't try to look as someone who played in classic wow or you might make impression of wrong person.

World Dragons were always down during normal playtime. I, personally, saw them only once (and not all dragons - never seen Azuregos), deep in night and it was already in WotLK.
    Also the way GW2 tries to slightly reduce stress in big fights is by not loading ALL the players in the vicinity, only part of them.. Though this might not work in WoW, with the trinity and shiz.
    It could work with WoW if developers would release lightweight version of client. But I don't see this happening. 40-men were quite smooth and big PvP battles in the world weren't laggy unless there were really lots of people participating (in which case world server would just drop dead, but not user's machine). Now even 25-men is lagfest train.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-06 at 10:02 PM.

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE THERE.

Cmon guys thats totally optional and the only complain i have is about raids switching servers to ninja a kill frmo another server.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    At least something happens now instead of ANOTHER instance with lootpinatas.

Anyone got a screenshot of orgrimmar full of players waiting in queue? That's why they added world bosses.
    So, all the players camping a boss for a few minutes before going back to Org is a big improvement...?

And are any of the PVP realms really balanced enough that this would equate to world PVP? If Blizz wanted to care about world PVP, truely, something would need to be done about the server pops.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were not removed because they cause lag, but that is definetly an issue now, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.