Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I got 25 GB free with SkyDrive. They gave away 25 GB until they decided to REALLY push it on people (read: once these "cloud" services started getting popular). IT was only then that it switched to 7 GB, and they even gave you a notice of multiple weeks (I am pretty sure) that they were going to keep giving away 25 GB until a certain date. I remember that because it was THE REASON I signed up for it--to get the 25 GB before it was gone.

They're not really pushing you to cloud services, though. They're giving you a free, limited experience, and if you actually need more than the 7 GB of SkyDrive that you get, then you probably were using these services when you were getting 25 GB anyway. The limited amount of space people get by default will probably cover 90% of the users or more.
    It's not really free if they're data mining your uploads, emails, etc for their own purposes. Put a slot in and let the user decide how much they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    It's not really free if they're data mining your uploads, emails, etc for their own purposes. Put a slot in and let the user decide how much they need.
    I've got 32 GB with my $100 Lumia 920. I'm at a bit over 7 GB and loving my time with the device. Not even the slightest bit of desire to use SkyDrive yet. So you can tell them to add a SD slot, and it'd be nice, but I'd rather have a non-SD Lumia 920 than an SD-enabled Android device with half the storage, an OS I don't prefer, and a higher price tag...oh, and AT BEST half of the initial storage.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna get one, 16GB... never got to even see it in stock... My current phone is a refurb I got from Asurion after I lost my last one, but it seems they did a bad job of the refurb and I have problems all the time. I was really looking forward to ordering a Nexus 4 today.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

Deleted
    my $100 Lumia 920
    But you are paying extortionate amounts for that contract every month...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Cant even get a goddamn Nexus 7 in Belgium. Damn thing is sold out everywhere.
    Good luck with that. Google isnt even releasing it in belgium and the Netherlands. (Not that im interested in the phone myself)

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/85507/lg-...en-belgie.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    But you are paying extortionate amounts for that contract every month...
    So what do you think is a FAIR contract price? Because it's not cheaper for me to go to Verizon, and I'm certainly not going to go get a second-rate Windows Phone on T-Mobile or another PoS Android phone on Sprint for twice the cost of the Lumia 920.

Oh, and what DOES my contract cost? $30/month. I pay $20/month for 300 MB of data (yeah, crappy price, but I stay on Wifi a lot regardless, and that's the smallest plan they sell), and $10/month for the line, because it's added onto a plan that already exists. My phone does not cost more for having a minutes or messaging package because those are already on my mom's plan, so she'd be paying those prices with or without my phone on the plan.

So, end of the day, the additional cost on her contract for my phone is $30/month.
    Last edited by Lilfrier; 2012-11-14 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Definately getting the Nexus 4. I'm currently on a 2 year+ old phone and I really want an upgrade. Even though I wont be able to pick it up for 350 bucks like I'd be able to in 'merica It's still cheaper than other high end phones. Furthermore I wont be at the mercy of samsung/htc/lg/etc when it comes to updates making this a pretty killer deal.

Quote Originally Posted by timelord View Post
    Definately getting the Nexus 4. I'm currently on a 2 year+ old phone and I really want an upgrade. Even though I wont be able to pick it up for 350 bucks like I'd be able to in 'merica It's still cheaper than other high end phones. Furthermore I wont be at the mercy of samsung/htc/lg/etc when it comes to updates making this a pretty killer deal.
    What is the pricing on the Nokia Lumia 920 in your country, and is it available on the carrier you want to go to? It's been priced really aggressively ($100, half the price of other flagships like the Galaxy S III, iPhone 5, and Windows Phone 8X) in the U.S. and I am wondering how that compared internationally. I ask because (beyond having and loving my Lumia 920), the Nexus 4 isn't all that impressive. It's got fairly standard stuff, while being short on storage and LTE.

What is the pricing on the Nokia Lumia 920 in your country, and is it available on the carrier you want to go to? It's been priced really aggressively ($100, half the price of other flagships like the Galaxy S III, iPhone 5, and Windows Phone 8X) in the U.S. and I am wondering how that compared internationally. I ask because (beyond having and loving my Lumia 920), the Nexus 4 isn't all that impressive. It's got fairly standard stuff, while being short on storage and LTE.
    Outside the US the price of the Lumia should be similar like the other smartphones since At & T has a partnership with Nokia/Microsoft.

The Nexus however is only cheap if you can buy it directly from Google which isn't available in every country.

Deleted
    It isnt launched yet in the Netherlands, but when looking at prices in germany (which will probably will be the same as in the NEtherlands when its launched) it costs around 550 - 600. Which are most likely early adopter prices. Im hoping/thinking it will drop down to 500 within 2 months. As for carriers/provider prices, i dont know yet. But I assume it will cost the same as other smartphones.