Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Elegon problem (10m normal mode)

Hey. So for couple of weeks we got problem with this one. I feel that our dps is so low for this encounter. Sometimes we got problem to hit 85% without spawned 3rd protector, and as well on second phase where we can't crush sparks 4 times. Anyway, our logs. Hope you can help guys

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/212752/

Regards.

Just glancing through your logs, I noticed a discrepancy between your two Boomkin, which is always a good place to look for problems. Both of your tanks seem pretty low on the DPS side. Also, early deaths really don't help you out.

If you are having trouble with 1 or 2 people getting their spark down on 4, have a tank help them out. Wave 4 really shouldn't be an issue, even for classes with low burst.

Deleted
    Hmmm I'm not a pro at checking WoLs but I took a look at them and focused mostly on your best try which last for 8 mins and 59 secs.
    First of all I have to say that only the first 3 are doing a good job at dpsing(mage,warlock,warrior). The rest (including the tanks) are doing much lower dps than what we did on our first kill (20 secs before enrage if I remember correctly). Your dpsers must be around 85k+ and your tanks would be good at 60k-80k for tanks.

Now let's move on to some actual tips instead of just saying who is doing a good job and who doesn't. Are the rest of your dpsers gemmed,enchanted, reforged? If not then I would like to suggest Noxxic.com as a nice reforging /enchanting/gemming site. After that's done it's time to look at the lil problem you have in p1 getting to 85% with only 2 protectors spawning. We had the same problem until we decided to pre-pot (even the tanks) and that was the little help we needed to push p1 with only 2 protectors spawning. If you do that good, if not, try it, it's easy to gather mats for pots and a pot master can do some miracles on proccs. It's also good for your tanks to use a strength flask if they are confident enough they don't need the extra stam flask/defense elixir. I am a protection paladin and I did 78k dps on our first kill and I was pre-potting/potting on last phase and using STR flask.

When you can pass p1 like that successfully it's time for p2, if you want to kill the fourth wave (or any other wave) and you are encountering troubles at killing one or 2 particular orbs assign your tanks to help on these 2 orbs. All in all, it's probably a minor dps problem you are encountering that can be easily be fixed by tweaking your raider's gear and getting as many upgrades as possible (DMF trinks, craftables, etc). You will get over it as your gear gets better and better. Good luck and I hope you down it. Have fun!

I've not looked at the WOL.

But the way we do the adds is this:

Get Elegon to 91% and get range to switch, so the protector dies at Elegon's 90% hp mark.
    Add #2, we get range to switch at 86% and this'll hopefully kill it at 85% of Elegon's hp mark (during his transition phase).

If the add dies before 85% transition phase, get one range to switch at 86% and then the rest help when Elegon begins his transition phase.
    Elegon force spawns the adds at around 88% hp, so if your first add is still up, he'll force a 2nd one onto the raid. It may be time based. I'm unsure, since we rarely get two adds up at one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your advices, but how about our healing. Today we got different set up (we are casual group and not everybody can be everyday sadly ;/), i feel like our resto shaman is abit low in terms of healing compared to Priest, and our druid from yesterday (where we mostly all do better thatn today ;/ ) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-50ejg0oo9ix80gpj/ please take a look.

Regards.

Deleted
    Hey there, I'm the mage from this group. Got some concerns about the nuke phase. AFAIK, we should get to it at ~30% of the boss hp, so after 4 sparks. But should we all stand in middle till the kill for aoe healing, or would be better if at least ranged stood near the edge and reset their stacks?
    Which option would help out our heals more?

Thanks for help guys

Thanks for your advices, but how about our healing
    Last edited by simsjackop; 2012-11-07 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istredd View Post
    Hey there, I'm the mage from this group. Got some concerns about the nuke phase. AFAIK, we should get to it at ~30% of the boss hp, so after 4 sparks. But should we all stand in middle till the kill for aoe healing, or would be better if at least ranged stood near the edge and reset their stacks?

Thanks for help guys
    Of course stay at the edge (if you are ranged or healer) and reset your stacks regularly. The raid damage can prove to be unhealable if no one is resetting their stacks fast enough and there is no reason for a ranged dps or healer really to stay any closer than the edge. A good raid CD rotation along with personal cds will also help a lot on last phase and make sure you keep Hero/Bloodlust and use pot on that phase along with dps cds too.

As for the healing... I'm sorry but I can't help on that, I'm like the worst healer EU :P
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2012-11-07 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istredd View Post

Thanks for help guys
    We stacked the entire raid on boss and AOE healed through the damage. We did no stack resets during the nuke phase. It wasn't a very stable kill though..

Our logs so you have something to compare to: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...=11098&e=11660
    Derpy monk decided to roll into the hole :3 Stacking up for healing is better, you should only reset stacks once on the final phase. Use some mobility cd for it, like have the mage blink, lock can teleport, druids can dash and so on.

Deleted
    Thanks, blink bugs on this floor, and instead of porting me forward, it takes me few yards backward Will check warlock's gate though

If you know it takes you backward, you can still use it to go forward, nomsain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    If you know it takes you backward, you can still use it to go forward, nomsain?

I like you.

Deleted
    Your tanks dps aswell as your boomkins is very low.

As a paladin tank pulling the boss, I reach about 110-130k dps after 25 seconds ( wings + pre pot ).
    After that is slows down but still keep a respectable 80-90k dps, usually ending fight at closer to 100-110k due to buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Your tanks dps aswell as your boomkins is very low.

As a paladin tank pulling the boss, I reach about 110-130k dps after 25 seconds ( wings + pre pot ).
    After that is slows down but still keep a respectable 80-90k dps, usually ending fight at closer to 100-110k due to buff.
    Congrats man! Thats a world top 10 parse on normal. Care to link which one of those 10 characters is yours or is there a bit of exaggeration in them figures?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Paladin/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Congrats man! Thats a world top 10 parse on normal. Care to link which one of those 10 characters is yours or is there a bit of exaggeration in them figures?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Paladin/
    Not all guilds use world of logs you know. But sitting on 12000 haste gives a bit of dps to tanks.

I have reached some numbers on fights that would be rank 1 WoL. ( e.g. feng hc top 1 is a joke )
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-11-07 at 12:49 PM.

Thing is, I can yell I'm the bestest prot pally in the world aswell. If you have no proof of anything at all, its better not to claim it. Not saying you're lying, just noting the general internet take on things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Thing is, I can yell I'm the bestest prot pally in the world aswell. If you have no proof of anything at all, its better not to claim it. Not saying you're lying, just noting the general internet take on things.
    Naturally I agree with you but it is hard to manufacture proof since I have found no reason to keep it. Wether you take my word on it I do not really care. Feel no point to prove myself since this thread is not about epeen for me, so wether you think I am full up my arse or telling the truth I could not care less. Lets get back to the topic.

The point being that those tanks are very low on the damage.
    Any half arsed ( paladin ) tank should be able to pull atleast 90k dps in the pull ( presuming he actually pulls first for vengeance ) and atleast 70k during the entire fight.

Now these numbers are extremely low, going above them is not even remotely hard. IIRC I believe I did well above 90k during the pull on our first kill which was in full blues. Simply using a strength prepot and wings in pull. And pulling 90k during the pull as tank is nothing to be really proud of.

Seeing as their tanks are pulling 50k ( the pull tank ) and 30k ( the off tank ) I can see this being a problem since they could easily both push 100% more damage.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-11-08 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Again. So we still struggling with this dragon. Today logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wke122gtdj7lut4d/. We got him at 5% but sadly we cant do it ;/. We bring better dps (i know other balance and retri are still quite low, we working on that), but this time dps wasn't problem i guess because we still got 1 min time space till berserk. I fell our 3rd phase is quite bad. Usually after all collumns dissapear we move to console (we dont dps adds during this time, because tanks said they got hard time with keeping them) and wait till elegon floor appear. After that we move to the boss and try aoe them down.

Couple of days ago i kill elegon with our guild 1st group and they crush adds after stack near console, and let the boss grab entire raid to him, we try that but our healers just can't heal it ;/ Do you got any ideas how to deal with this problem.

Regards.

15+ Year Old Account
    You only had about 6 attempts, of which only 1 came close to enrage. Looking at your attempts, I'm seeing a few problems:

1. Your Shaman healer is really bad. Whenever there's a death or damage spike, he is slow to respond and his healing is low. His overall healing is also significantly behind your druid.
    2. Your DK tank seems to be dying a lot. You need to have a healer focus on the Elegon tank when stability flux happens. The tank will have high stacks and be taking a lot of damage from Elegon, Stability Flux (add raid aoe before death) and then Total Annihilation (add explosion). Tanks should also use a small cooldown here if they can.
    3. Seeing DPS dying cause adds are not picked up by the tanks and are smacking them. Even the little cosmic sparks that spawn in P3 are dangerous! Also seeing tanks not getting back on Elegon during phase transitions causing the Grasping Energy Tendrils (the aoe pull) to kill people.
    4. Seeing at least one DPS die to standing in the blue lightning pools in P3 (Cascade). That's a huge problem and we definitely were not able to beat it until people stopped standing in that.