Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,862

    Is it wrong that I love scenarios?

    Ever since Cataclysm I lost all interest in dungeons... I no longer had the patience for them and grew bored of the trash grind. However I love scenarios, they're short, fun, easy and offer a chance of loot.

  2. #2
    Of course it's not wrong, it's your opinion about what you do and don't find fun.

    Just because they're not something I enjoy doesn't mean you're wrong for liking them.

  3. #3
    Scenarios suck right now but its not wrong to like it.... its just not for everybody

  4. #4
    Its not wrong, but you're a weirdo. But that's ok.

  5. #5
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,709
    I don't dislike them, and I think I got better items from there than I did from Heroic Dungones.

    BUT MoP dungeons are very short and don't really take that long, and from the start most of them were incredibly easy compared to say Cata.

  6. #6
    I like them as well. They arent something that I do extremely often, however I like them because for me they provide a bit of downtime in the game. I can let my hair down and just have some fun slapping things in the face and not worry about group comp/raid strats. It's really just getting back to some simple, easy fun

  7. #7
    Whatever makes the game enjoyable to you, run with it.

  8. #8
    Yes. Very wrong. Please quit the game.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Skeletroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    This Toilet Earth
    Posts
    1,309
    Not wrong, but i personally don't see how scenarios are different than instance trash. For me, scenarios are full of mind-numbing trash mobs with 0,000000000001% chance of loot (for wrong spec of course).

    But as said before, this is just matter of opinion.
    Former unique snowflake.

  10. #10
    I would prefer it if scenarios were made for some serious solo challenge. I mean, they do not even pose a threat even to someone who has just reach level 90. In my opinion, scenarios shouldn't be based on tank and spank fights, but on riddles and/or mini games. Also "boss" fights should have been more like the rare encounters in the world, where you could be two-shotted if you weren't careful. Now it's very easy, almost boring. But it's ok if you like it. By the way, I did the Scenaterdist last weekend

    Life is a series of choices between bad and worse.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    they're short, fun, easy and offer a chance of loot.
    Perfect description or MoP Heroics.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Perfect description or MoP Heroics.
    Agreed. Scenarios and Heroics offer very similar experiences. Heroics take only marginally more time.

    I do like the fact that queues are instant for scenarios, though, by virtue of not checking spec.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,009
    Since I stopped holding them to the, probably absurd, standard that I imagined they would be held to - I have enjoyed them more.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  14. #14
    I wouldn't go as far as to call them fun, but at least they're not as boring as normal (or "heroic" as they call them ingame) dungeons.
    Too bad the reward sucks and they're not really worth doing.

  15. #15
    scenarios offer loot?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    scenarios offer loot?
    If you queue for random scenarios you get a bag at the end of the run with a 450 blue (i think)

  17. #17
    um I did randoms, all I got was valor

  18. #18
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    If you queue for random scenarios you get a bag at the end of the run with a 450 blue (i think)
    Nope it's a 463 just like from a heroic.

    If you are really lucky you can get items that are much better itemized than heroic dungeon drops.

    Link to all the stuff you can get -> http://www.wowhead.com/item=89613#contains
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-11-06 at 10:28 PM.

  19. #19
    that's absolutely great if you enjoy them then it's all gain for you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Ever since Cataclysm I lost all interest in dungeons... I no longer had the patience for them and grew bored of the trash grind. However I love scenarios, they're short, fun, easy and offer a chance of loot.
    What most people don't realize is that you can queue for:
    1 Scenario
    1 LFD
    1 LFR

    AT THE SAME TIME

    What's better for valor income? Waiting around in org for your dungeon to pop, or running a fast scenario (~10mins) for 20/40 vp while waiting on a dungeon/raid queue to pop.

    The loot/gold is just gravy to me. I run them to kill time between dungeons and to cap VP at a superior rate (since it's usually a 30-60sec queue to get into a scenario)

    And generally, as soon is I get the "scenario complete" toast, I also get a "Your Dungeon Queue Is Ready!" to boot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •