Thread: LFR and Garalon

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR and Garalon

Anyone else "having fun" with this boss in LFR? It seems well above the normal lfr difficulty with the required co-ordination and these early groups are usually better than usual.

Its a joke of a fight really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Well the group I'm in is up to 5 wipes and 70% is as close as we've made it so far.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a bunch of random people in horrid gear who don't even REMOTELY know anything about mechanics? F no not even close It's a HORRID fight even in LFR, I prioritize pvE pretty low but there's a helm here that looks awesome so galron needs to die

OBVIOUSLY HE CAN'T DIE IF 2$?#%4095398683594965946969 BAD PEOPLE CAN NOT UNDERSTAND MECHANICS

I am so mad right now lol

Took a few attempts to explain how the kiting worked and the big bad purple circle. The ranged got the kiting down, had it down to 30% with a lot less crushes. Then the next attempt, a new Warlock fucked up the kiting by interfering, we wiped, people began leaving and... domino effect caused the group to fall apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOOO! 7 wipes. You know you're having fun when he starts spinning on the spot. This is ridiculous. I bet heroic is easier then lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Calnovik View Post
    Took a few attempts to explain how the kiting worked and the big bad purple circle. The ranged got the kiting down, had it down to 30% with a lot less crushes. Then the next attempt, a new Warlock fucked up the kiting by interfering, we wiped, people began leaving and... domino effect caused the group to fall apart.
    This, This is the problem. I had a group that blazed through first 2 bosses, very good group. We got to Garalon and most of the group didn't know it. We had 2 obviously bad attempts, people started learning, then we got him down to 55% and 3 people left, including a tank and a healer. Got a new tank who didn't know it, screwed it up, now we lose 7 people. Tried to rexplain fight, wiped at 96%, entire group left. 1 and a half hours wasted and no real progress made.

People just need to face the facts that LFR bosses should basically be loot pinatas. When you do a fight like this, it pleases no one. The casual has no real hope to complete it, the serious raider is already angry at "being forced to do LFR" and now they're going to be more angry because they're forced to do LFR and now can't even complete LFR within a decent timeframe. This is a fight that will always remain diffcult in LFR because all it takes are 2-3 people that don't know the fight to screw it up for everyone. With 25 random people that doesn't work.

And now with people's attitude of "1 wipe and I leave", it becomes impossible to learn a fight. You either one-shot everything, or you don't complete it. Think back to cataclysm, how many LFR ques did you join already on madness and succeed? My personal count was literally 2.
    Last edited by TroyN; 2012-11-06 at 10:42 PM.

I got lucky, the group was down to 5 of us and 20 people from a guild came in to save the day. They loved the fact they did too, but whatever... one shot it and it's done now for the week.

Fight went down whenever we stopped trying to treat it like normal mode. The Raider class is really making this harder than it needs to be.

The debuff only lasts for 20 seconds on LFR, as opposed to two minutes. You only need two people designated to swap the debuff at 21 stacks, and move around the outside.

From that point, as long as you don't have an absolute moron that can't for the life of him stay out of the purple, it should be an easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    From that point, as long as you don't have an absolute moron that can't for the life of him stay out of the purple, it should be an easy kill.
    And if you have 3 to 4 of them.... it's not so much fun.

Your wisdom is insightful and telling.

Wiped about 10 times. Domino effect from first wipe and then on after is whats hurting the group. Decided to leave after that

Deleted
    the real problem is that this boss offers no items for resto shamans and just a useless offhand for elementals... terrible loot table.

Wiped 7 times. We'd wiped 18 times getting there, but I figured this was such an easy fight minus the dps timer that it'd be a joke in LFR...NOPE! >.>

Easy fight with a good group. GL without one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to explain everything every wipe if getting annoying... 10 wipes but we got to about 30% last time. We're getting better at least. I'm missing spine and madness lfr at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Fight went down whenever we stopped trying to treat it like normal mode. The Raider class is really making this harder than it needs to be.

The debuff only lasts for 20 seconds on LFR, as opposed to two minutes. You only need two people designated to swap the debuff at 21 stacks, and move around the outside.

I agree with everything but the debuff, we did it just a while ago and you do not have to let the debuff reach 21 stacks. We just swapped at around 15 stacks, crushes did virtually no damage and there was no need to ever let the stacks near 20 for us anyways.

Also I disagree with the raiding class making it harder, we only downed it since a few of us raiding knew how to kite, when to switch the debuff and explained it for everyone multiple times

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Having to explain everything every wipe if getting annoying... 10 wipes but we got to about 30% last time. We're getting better at least. I'm missing spine and madness lfr at this point.
    This is like gouging your eyes multiple multiple times with a spoon that's how bad it is / How bad people are

- PURPLE CIRCLE HARD

...-.-

10+ Year Old Account
    We finally just downed him on the 10th go. It turns out the tanks can just soak furious swipe AND pass the pheromone back and forth. It worked so much better and the tanks were great at kiting him around the outside to keep pheromone trails to a minimum. Hopefully this will get easier as people learn the fight and once dps improves it will be miles better.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wiped on him twice and left... On one of those attempts the off tank was afk on the stairs. I'm pretty sure they'll nerf lfr Garalon soon, because people will start crying about doing mechanics. Garalon is a fairly easy fight if people know the fight and have half a brain....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

seems over tuned for flr, by the amount of complaints about this fight i wouldnt be surprized if it got a nerf.