Thread: LFR and Garalon

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I did it with 25 guildies. We didn't even use vent. Compared to Normal-mode, LFR Garalon is a joke.

Don't stand under boss, swap Pheromones at 20 stacks, Profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have patience. I remember wiping on Elegon the first time we reached it on LFR. 23 people (me included) fell through the floor when it disappeared. Was kinda funny. However the try after that we killed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a fresh run. All that keeps popping is 2/6 - Le sigh
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

There is no way that 90% of LFRetards will be able to kill this fight. If we have this level of retardation on Day One then there's no hope unless they nerf it to the ground.

I'm really having fun... wait for 10 minutes-> pull boss-> new people stand in purples-> wipe-> everyone but 5 people leave

finaly blizz made a fight where people have to use theyr brains. It might feel "hard" cuz its the 1st day the lfr opened. people will have to llearn else they will not progress and wont be able to acces 2nd part HoF. This is exactly how it was on beta and terrace lfr will be even "harder" with enrage timers. xD

btw. it drops better ilvl thats why it also should require some more brain even from the baddies.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky three LFR attempts in and for some reason only one person was a moron and constantly standing in the circle, luckily us healers had the idea just let him die on the next pull and we killed it fairly comfortably.

Took 3 tries.Did it immediately as soon as servers cames up. 2 guys found a way to just push phermones between them over nad over on the edges. Totally MVP of the fight. I suggest doing the same. Take responsibility and trade pheromones with a healer over and over and over yourself... don't bother dpsing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    finaly blizz made a fight where people have to use theyr brains. It might feel "hard" cuz its the 1st day the lfr opened. people will have to llearn else they will not progress and wont be able to acces 2nd part HoF. This is exactly how it was on beta and terrace lfr will be even "harder" with enrage timers. xD

btw. it drops better ilvl thats why it also should require some more brain even from the baddies.
    No, not really. It won't get easier because this is a fight that 2-3 idiots can screw up for everyone. I can't think of a time there wasn't atleast 3 completely worthless people in an LFR run. Of course this is an easy fight compared to normal, that isn't the point. The point is that the difficulty of this fight in LFR specifically is way out of line for the majority of people that run LFR. They nerfed heroics into the ground because they were too hard for the majority of the player base, this is making the exact same mistake again. Their philosophy on LFR is similar to that of heroics, that it's for more casual players to have content and see content they otherwise wouldn't see. So they acknowledge this fact and then make this encounter anyway. And for the person comparing to to Elegon...no it's not similar at all. The only part of Elegon people screw up is falling through the floor once, easily fixable next try. This is not an easily fixable mistake fight because most people do not know what mistake they are making, and most people will leave group rather than explain more than once.

Reading MMO-Champion forums always hurts my brain but this, this is the most pathetic thread I've ever read. It made me actually create an account because of this braindead nonsense that pretty much confirms what WoW AND MMO-Champ has become. A fucking kindergarden is what it is. Its funny how 95% of the complains are from accounts created in 2010 or later. Guess what guys, the cata/mop crying noobs that broke this game has also broken MMO-Champ.

This is breaking the game totally. Its a total mess. >Blizzard implements stupid stuff like LFR, easy hardmodes and whatnot > It becomes so easy that you can actually use a bot to play the game for you > Everyone does that > The few poor noobs that wanted this in the first place gets stuck in a LFR with bots, without even realizing it > They come on MMO-Champion to complain about how hard the LFR is.

So Blizzard has to cater even more to the disease that infected this game (That being you lot) Peace out.

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-11-07 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Took 3 tries.Did it immediately as soon as servers cames up. 2 guys found a way to just push phermones between them over nad over on the edges. Totally MVP of the fight. I suggest doing the same. Take responsibility and trade pheromones with a healer over and over and over yourself... don't bother dpsing at all.
    The pheromones aren't the problem. It's the 5 or 6 people living underneath the boss.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    The pheromones aren't the problem. It's the 5 or 6 people living underneath the boss.
    Apparently that's very very hard and when you call people out they try and make fun of you like It was SOOOOOOOOO bad =/ I wish I could of recorded it on fraps and this is the best part right here

''We are SoA''( DW title Heroic) we are carrying you BUT THEY WERE THE ONES UNDER THE G-DAM BOSS and we wiped and wiped and wiped and wiped again and again then I went berserk leading to me get kicked due to my making fun of the persons guildies of how bad they are

<.<

Had the nerve calling people LFR hero's too which even pissed me off beyond measures arg.

GOD THEY WERE BAD <.<

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After we killed Blade Lord Ta'yak, half the raid simply vanished and I took it as a sign of things to come. Players would pop in, notice where they were, and immediately left and this continued to happen even as we were doing the trash before Garalon.

The fight itself seems tedious but nothing really overwhelming. I didn't notice anyone in the purple zone but I don't think we had any range who would kite the Pheromone and our best attempt was 65%. I ended up leaving simply because I had other errands to run but I am sure it would have been downed in a couple more tries.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Have patience, just leave it like this. People will be able to kill it at some point soon.

If you remember Spine and Madness when LFR was introduced and how that started out. However, at some point people started realizing that just hitting whatever didn't work on spine and that the monstrosity should be placed next to the plate, etc. Same applies to madness, therefore I still have hope. On the other hand, if Blizzard nerfs this fight right away because people whipe and just want a bunch of free loot this game really has lost all hope...

I only wiped once today on Garalon; from what I could tell its more of an awareness check than anything (on LFR that is).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Have patience, just leave it like this. People will be able to kill it at some point soon.

If you remember Spine and Madness when LFR was introduced and how that started out. However, at some point people started realizing that just hitting whatever didn't work on spine and that the monstrosity should be placed next to the plate, etc. Same applies to madness, therefore I still have hope. On the other hand, if Blizzard nerfs this fight right away because people whipe and just want a bunch of free loot this game really has lost all hope...
    You serious? It's hard for people TO NOT be in the purple circle because sigh I don't even wanna be mean like I really don't well fine I'll say one line for the sake of my sanity of how frustrating it was

PEOPLE ARE BAD AT SIMPLE MECHANICS Like It's atrocious is all I'm going to say.

P U R P L E circle HARD
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-07 at 05:40 AM.

My guild hasn't even killed this on normal yet, qq.
    STOP WHINING!

we got it 6th go i think...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

LFR people can't do a positioning fight, which is what Garalon basically is. It's pure mechanics, and lfr people can't understand anything beyond "hey, shoot that." It makes me a sad panda but there's the truth. This is what you get when you try to teach a group of random morons raid mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll have to round up my guildies for this it sounds.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.