Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Yes, they employ a weapon that kills themselves, a weapon they just leave sitting around in easy to destroy containers all over their towns and fortresses. It would most assuredly be an issue that comes up in the future.
    too bad those gnome pilots have such terrible aim

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    No... I do not know that.
    I know that some apothecaries make mention of it, but I always took that as them being bitter and emo.
    Well they are undead, so they dont have the same tastes or needs as humans or other mortal beings
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Her record as a leader isn't very impressive.
    How 'bout her creating a nation, just like the Green Jesus back when he was cool. Under her rule the Forsaken prosper, having conquered most of former Lordaeron.

She's dark, cold and merciless, and some people like it. Perhaps the same people that had a romance with Morrigan in Dragon Age. The world fucked her up, but then she stood up and fucked up a good part of the world in return.
    The Forsaken earned their home back themselves. I don't know where this idea that Sylvanas did it all by herself came from.
    Pffffft, the same can be said about every major character then. Every powerful warrior only commands armies that do things for him, every powerful caster borrows his power from the deity or something like Tirisfal Council.
    She did jack shit against Arthas. The Forsaken were, by and far, the most useless faction in the Northrend campaign.
    Sure the draenei, gnomes, and night elves did much more with all their fortresses, armies and operations.
    They were more of a hindrance than anything - thanks to Sylvanas' reckless manufacturing of biological weaponry and misplaced trust in a demon.
    Like other nations and alliances never knew civil wars. Wrynn vs Moira in Ironforge, upcoming trouble in Dalaran and the siege of Orgrimmar, etc, etc.

I might play this one-sided game, like in the good ol' days.

Sylvanas is one of Warcraft's most popular characters, and I can't figure out why. Her record as a leader isn't very impressive. She doesn't have a great fondness for her people. She's lost much of her character depth. The only thing I can gather is that she's considered 'hawt'.
    You pretty much answered your own question. I agree. While I think her character model is good-looking and her history of having "died" for Quel'thalas and being forcibly turned into a banshee is tragic, that's about where my sympathy ends.
    Since the end of WOTLK, she has basically become more Arthas-like with the whole storyline involving creating new Forsaken with Val'kyrs and keeping the plague going/hidden from Garrosh, and she seems like she's taking a more sinister twist. Which for a race of undead, sure, that's fine, but... I hate it when they paint the Horde as the "default evil faction" simply to appease Alliance players.

And you're right, Sylvanas does have a horrible track record. She failed to defend the Elfgates in Quel'thalas, she failed to protect Undercity (the now-removed Battle for Undercity event), she's belligerent to the Warchief and plotting behind his back... She's a failure and on the verge of being a traitor, honestly, and if it weren't for the fact that she's the only female Horde leader, I think she'd have been taken out a long time ago. But Blizzard probably likes to keep it varied, and knows people think she's sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I like the forsaken, I like her, and I hate Garrosh. Pretty much sums it up. Oh, and DAT ASS since apparently everyone who likes Sylvanas spanks it to pixels or something.
    I like the Forsaken, I hate her, and I love Garrosh. The whole short story deal with the Valk'yr resurrecting her and giving her the "cat's nine lives" is a crock of bs. The fact that she "struck fear in Garrosh's heart when he looked into her eyes" an even bigger bag of bull.

She's the true emo biatch that never got over it unlike our current Warchief. Here's to hoping Garrosh takes Thrall, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Jaina and a few other Alliance leaders with him in a blaze of glory when his end comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    While it was made clear that she didn't care about the forsaken post-Arthas death, she was protective of them prior to that, even if it was just in regards to them being her tool.

Her character has gradually changed, but now I get to play under neo-Arthas, she's using scourge tactics "for a good cause", since Garrosh is forcing her to throw troops he considers expendable into a meat grinder, yet the forsaken can't reproduce naturally - but that's the same thing Arthas was doing chasing people to Northrend, it was for a good cause but if you'll do something for a good reason, you'll soon do it for a bad one.

Considering I picked forsaken because scourge wasn't an option, as I'm sure many other people did, I'm totally fine with this.

she's all that left from wc3, the best of best of warcraft lore

Deleted
    She kicks ass, she stands for what she believes in.

I always liked her.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    she stands for what she believes in..
    are not all leaders like that?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

forsaken is like the only interesting storyline left

Sylvanas can afford expensive plastic surgery which most of the Forsaken are too poor to do

That's why she doesn't have rotty skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    She gave the Forsaken a place to call home.
    She satisfied the Forsaken lust for vengance against Arthas
    And now she has given them a new purpose in fighting for their right to live and for their home.

Seems impressive enough to me
    Pretty much exactly this. While her motives may have been purely selfish, her actions saved a nation. The, now undead, citizens of Lordaeron were in a rage at everything, they were directionless. She gave them a purpose. She secured their homes for them. Whether or not she sees herself as a Queen of her people, she is. Honestly, next to the Thrall, she is the very embodiment of what it truly means to be a Horde.

Lilian Voss for next Banshee Queen

Ah, arguing about Sylvanas with Haven. This takes me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    How 'bout her creating a nation, just like the Green Jesus back when he was cool. Under her rule the Forsaken prosper, having conquered most of former Lordaeron.
    And she lost that nation to a traitor she had trusted for, what, a decade?

She's dark, cold and merciless, and some people like it. Perhaps the same people that had a romance with Morrigan in Dragon Age. The world fucked her up, but then she stood up and fucked up a good part of the world in return.
    Morrigan is a whole other beast. She was a multidimensional character with layers and emotions.

Sylvanas is largely a one dimensional 'vengeance' character. You could see Morrigan opening up and exposing different facets of her personality. You get to see Sylvanas be a cunt, followed by her being a cunt. If you're lucky, she may even be a cunt a third time before its over.

Pffffft, the same can be said about every major character then. Every powerful warrior only commands armies that do things for him, every powerful caster borrows his power from the deity or something like Tirisfal Council.
    Unlike every other powerful character, she receives credit like she single handedly did it. No one talks about how Malfurion beat back the Burning Legion by himself.

Sure the draenei, gnomes, and night elves did much more with all their fortresses, armies and operations.
    They didn't actively hinder the campaign and destroy two armies. So, yeah, they did more than the Forsaken.

Like other nations and alliances never knew civil wars. Wrynn vs Moira in Ironforge, upcoming trouble in Dalaran and the siege of Orgrimmar, etc, etc.
    It's more like 'other nations didn't trust a being of pure malevolence to be loyal'.

I might play this one-sided game, like in the good ol' days.
    Nice to see I'm not the only one feeling some deja vu, heh.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I think people who are alliance born (like OP) Simply don't understand.

They (many, many drones of the Alliance) assume it's a sexually connection between our banshee Queen, How mistaken.
    From the moment we are brought back we're given a choice, to become part of the forsaken, or choose our own path (aka Lillian Voss).

You'r petty alliance won't even accept us back, yet you want our land ? Yeah..... No thanks. We shall keep Lordaeron and in matter of fact take the entire Northern Kingdom for the Horde .
    South Shore should be a reminder of how far we have come with our plague, collecting those bear hearts and spider venom finally paid off .

TL : DR ? Die fighting under your own pathetic banner, get a second chance at life and serve a real leader

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    she is the very embodiment of what it truly means to be a Horde.
    hmmm.....
    I prefer Horde to be less smelly, and a lil more intact in body parts

Deleted
    She hates garrosh, what else do you need in a leader?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike every other powerful character, she receives credit like she single handedly did it. No one talks about how Malfurion beat back the Burning Legion by himself.
    umm, i dont think I have seen anyone say Sylvannas accomplished all she did with nothing but her own 2 hands

Only female faction specific leader. She is quite powerful. Although her dressing attire.....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's more like 'other nations didn't trust a being of pure malevolence to be loyal'.
    I dont she ever fully trusted him.

She was probably distracted by the war against the Scourge.
    Afterall all, fighting against Arthas was the sole purpose for her existance at the time, every fiber in her body was geared toward that goal

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Doesn't really make sense, though...
    If she was just using the Forsaken as a tool to destroy Arthas, why is she, now that Arthas is dealt with, raising the dead to safeguard the continuation of the Forsaken? She must care a great deal indeed.
    I made mention of that. She cares NOW. Up until Arthas' defeat she didn't, it wasn't until her suicide, that she realized she does in fact care, that her people are more than just tools.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8