Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keep saying the game is rated 13+, but on mine it says 12+.

Did they up the age by 1 year with MoP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, as a gamer geek, I freely admit that in just my circle of gamer geek friends, we have 4 people under the age of 16, two of which are girls. I myself am 31, and believe it or not, all 4 of these kids' parents trust me to host DnD games in my apartment. The other 2 are like 19 and 23 or something. It's nice to know not everybody automatically sees anyone over the age of 21 as "ZOMG CREEPER!" when they have kids. We have a damned good time every week, I honestly don't give a flip how young or old they are, they're all good people.

Geekdom transcends ages. So yes, there WILL be underage people in online games like WoW. I find it rather surprising that you didn't know this happened. I meet people between the ages of 14-16 in WoW seemingly all the damned time, I'm beginning to figure out why people say only kids play Alliance...as far as "ONOZ MY VIRGIN EARS" are you serious? Even when I was a kid back in the 80s and 90s we knew about sex, drugs, and everything in between. People who raise their children in sheltered environments are just asking for trouble when, and there WILL be a when, their children finally find out about such things.

Secondly, I know teenagers who act more mature than people my age. That's really pathetic. Age =/= mentality or maturity, unfortunately. It's a complete crap shoot. As far as my WoW friends go, like, the REAL friends I talk to regularly, I think at least 4 of them are underage, and one of them is in his 50s. It's just a matter of finding like-minded people, those of whom I get along with the best. I really hate that age has become such a huge fucking issue lately, and I hate even more that everyone automatically assumes that anyone who converses with underage people is a fucking pedophile. "What could you possibly have in common with someone so young?" We're. Fucking. GEEKS. I'm sorry you don't understand, go back to watching your fooseball and drinking beer and shit. We're gonna go throw some dice around, maybe play some MTG, and log into WoW later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I picture an "A/S/L?" sort of conversation going on...
    ASL still alive?

I thought that "phrase" died years ago!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    ok so there is a person who in my guild I surmised was a girl and we got to talking,

anyway somehow we got on to ages and she tells me she is 12.... i'm in my 30's

so glad I didn't say anything inappropriate, even as a joke which I can do since there's also some people in my guild who are older than me.

I don't want chris hansen knocking on my door.

I'm scared to even be friendly anymore to anyone in game, suppose to be a teen game.
    You are allowed to talk and communicate with minors on the Internet as long as it is apropriate. I mean just becasue you are 30y old and she is 12y old doesn't mean anything or isn't wrong in any way. You both play an game, and you communicate in this game. Doesn't matter what gender or age you are. It's not like you try to get her phone number or is askling irl stuff in a appropriate way. As long as you play a game and communitcate in the game about the game, it doesn't matter in any way.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3135715b; 2012-11-12 at 10:56 AM.