Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    5, 6 or even 8 stack limit is too high, it needs to be 4 x 50% then.
    I thought we were given six stacks instead of 4 with MoP, such that our ramp up time was longer and hence burst was longer to set up.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I thought we were given six stacks instead of 4 with MoP, such that our ramp up time was longer and hence burst was longer to set up.
    That's why it needs to be reverted to 4 again, Arcane's current ramp up time is way longer than any other specs of any class, basically useless for things that need to die quickly.

add in more ability's , instead of just 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Enu View Post
    You mean like Fireball/Inferno Blast/Pyroblast and Frostbolt/Ice Lance/Frostfire Bolt ?

They should make rune of power a buff that gives +1 stack per second of standing in the rune of power, then you go -1 stack per second out of the rune. Stand in the rune for 15 seconds, and you can move out of it for 15 seconds without losing the buff. Up to a max of 60 seconds maybe?

Then we wouldn't be screwed over on any fight with movement. Just need some planning and stuff.

Deleted
    There's more than just 3, besides other specs don't really have more either, Fire has 4.
    But yeah, I'd welcome more spells, like Elemental Blast.

Our lvl 90 talent tier should be made similar to Shaman's, and the current lvl 90 talents should be converted into glyphs while keeping IW as baseline default.

Also Ice Flows is currently useless with its 2 spell limit, it should be made like Spiritwalker's Grace instead.
    Last edited by mmocc3e324ee93; 2012-12-02 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make me feel like I'm playing incorrectly.

I'm using AB, AM, ABar, Living Bomb, glyphed Fire Blast to spread.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogge, isn't it just easier then to move and recast rune? Even on certain fights with lots of movement (like Zor'lok) you can dance around the rune during Attenuation and use Greater Invisibility and Ice Block on Force and Verve to never move from the rune. On fights with constant movement you can't utilize rune properly anyway and just take Ward. When I come home I'll start a new thread where we'll gather Rune usage ideas and I'll expect you guys to help since my progress is stupidly low and I don't have experience.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Arcane since the patch, there's still work to do as the core issues still exist but the mana cost reduction has reintroduced a form of mana/stack management as maintaining high stacks is only possible if you can predict how much is safe to burn and can effectively game Arcane Missiles procs.
    If you play smart then you can stay above 97% mana with 6 stacks of Arcane Blast for most of an encounter, raising the skill cap from the previous eternal conserve.

It's definitely still not perfect but this change has improved things more than I expected, I guess that just shows that it's hard to predict the feel of a spec's gameplay just on paper!

I would note the rate of Arcane Missiles procs still feels slightly too low, I usually get two at the start but sometimes it takes a good 30 seconds by which time my trinkets have worn off
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-12-02 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the answer to this post was "nerf fire" or "call up Blatty"

Glad to see mages of all 3 specs now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    can cast Missiles while moving, adding the cast time reduction to ABlasts back into the charge things like cata, thats all i can think of

edit; also give each charge a 10% bonus chance to proc missiles , so when you at 5/6 charges your next spell will almost always proc missiles
    That would be a bit too much I think, when you're sitting at 6 stacks, you'll be casting arcane missiles after every arcane blast (and some missiles gained from bombs). Since AM is free, you might even sit at 6 stacks all the time while maintaining high mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    That would be a bit too much I think, when you're sitting at 6 stacks, you'll be casting arcane missiles after every arcane blast (and some missiles gained from bombs). Since AM is free, you might even sit at 6 stacks all the time while maintaining high mana.
    It wouldn't be too much as it would be offset by the fact that you can't cast Blast while moving. And since when is 60% = 100%?

As a mage who just went arcane for the first time after fire got the nurf bat and arcane got the buff, I can say I'm really enjoying myself. I've run frost as my other spec for pvp and pve encounters where strong AOE matters, as well as on demand burst like Elegon and have really enjoyed the relative complexity of the spec as opposed to fire. I can't say I miss the boring 3 button rotation that fire was. Any newbro could face smash his way to victory with that build.

Now that arcane is viable, and has much more depth than fire while doing as much damage, I'm really enjoying the spec. Attempting to walk the fine line that is mana management at 6x stacks is challenging and enjoyable as it adds another layer of complexity and difficulty to raiding. I hope people see that because it really is a fun spec to play!

As for pvp... you should all be frost anyway. PVP is about control and on demand burst, which is basically frost in a nutshell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stankopalluza View Post
    As for pvp... you should all be frost anyway. PVP is about control and on demand burst, which is basically frost in a nutshell.
    Living Bomb, AB/AM until 4s remain on LB, PoM-Frostjaw-DeepFreeze, Glyphed Fire Blast if there's a target near, ABar.

That's plenty of on demand burst. You just need melee meat shields to protect you (and Blazing just in case).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Why would you use Living Bomb for that when you can Frost Bomb for more damage in a smaller window, especially if you are already using glyphed Fire Blast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why would you use Living Bomb for that when you can Frost Bomb for more damage in a smaller window, especially if you are already using glyphed Fire Blast?
    Because Frost Bomb has a cast time, and you save PoM for FrostJaw.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)