Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tested out Invocation with full Mastery and I've never been in a situation that I drop under 30-40% mana when Invocation ends and mostly I end up at 40-45%. This of course since the 5.1 changes went live, but even before I never went below 30%.

Maybe you're just focusing on Blast too much.

Deleted
    Tbh, Arcane Charge needs to be buffed to give +45% damage per stack, and max stack reverted to 4 (for a total of 180% instead of the current 150% at 6), to bring it in line with other dps specs and classes.
    Also, all Arcane spells should be castable while moving, and the Mastery needs to be changed to give a permanent damage bonus regardless of mana percentage.

All this IS necessary to bring it in line.

I think that's just a tad over the top.

And when I say "a tad" what I actually mean is "utterly".

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think that's just a tad over the top.

And when I say "a tad" what I actually mean is "utterly".

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

Losing 2 stacks seems like a no brainer since it would only serve to bring arcane burst back up to where other classes are and not significantly above them in that category. Doubling stack damage boost would be completely over the top as we would be doing over 200k dps single target and bursting in the millions. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Missiles while moving and 4 stack cap on Arcane Charges and we would be much better off without Blizz having to make any big changes mid expansion. As they are unlikely to put much thought into any class fixes at this point.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2012-12-01 at 09:02 PM.

Well have to give it to blizzard to find the best way to make arcane more appealing.. nerf our top dps spec and increase arcane dps to silly numbers. So basicly don't exept many more improvements coming as blizz will prolly see a huge jump from fire to arcane and frost now. And it seems atm all they care is the ammount of people playing each spec..

I'd say Missiles while moving and instead of 2nd rune a "no-gcd ability to move the rune, you previously stood in, under your feet with smth like 20-25 sec cd".
    Pvp-wise it'd be MUCH harder to make arcane any viable, some pushback would be nice (e.g. arcane vortex moving in the frontal direction and draggin all the enemies it hits), and maybe making glyph of slow include not only AB but barrage aswell for a decent AoE slow.

Arcane seems perfectly appealing in pve at the moment.

It's been shit in pvp for eight years now don't see why that would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I've tested out Invocation with full Mastery and I've never been in a situation that I drop under 30-40% mana when Invocation ends and mostly I end up at 40-45%. This of course since the 5.1 changes went live, but even before I never went below 30%.

Maybe you're just focusing on Blast too much.
    yep invocation is viable but does less damage than ROP obviously
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I see as far as Noxxic goes sim whise Arcane pulled ahead of the pack in Maximum and Realistic DPS sims. Any thoughts or opinions on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMonster View Post
    I see as far as Noxxic goes sim whise Arcane pulled ahead of the pack in Maximum and Realistic DPS sims. Any thoughts or opinions on this?
    Well firstly don't trust noxxic. Also its no secret that mage sims and reality are very different atm.

Yeah just was curious after fire nerf why the numbers were fumbled around that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMonster View Post
    Yeah just was curious after fire nerf why the numbers were fumbled around that much.
    I would be surprised of noxxic was really up to date. Noxxic is terrible to use when picking a spec since it's always had all 3 specs in the top 5 pve specs overall.

If you want some sims for fire since the nerf you will probably just have to wait a while. A lot of people including myself doubt that the fire nerf will be left where it is and we expect some more changes very soon.

Well, just tried arcane in 486ilvl and it seems legit. At least in LFR. Probably gotta wait for raid night to try it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeNNoN View Post
    Well, just tried arcane in 486ilvl and it seems legit. At least in LFR. Probably gotta wait for raid night to try it out.
    Also been messing about on raid dummy with arcane fully reforged and gemmed and also finding it could be legit for raiding now, already doing better then when I was testing fire after changes, its just the fact how boring arcane is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phatlewts View Post
    Also been messing about on raid dummy with arcane fully reforged and gemmed and also finding it could be legit for raiding now, already doing better then when I was testing fire after changes, its just the fact how boring arcane is lol
    Well after dabbling with it myself, I'm kinda torn abt arcane tbh, like for example If your die in the encounter, you will be at fairly low mana for quite some time after getting ressed, and that wont be a problem for frost, but that will be a problem for an arcane mage, but still after doing mogu'shan heroics this week, even on spirit kings heroic, i didnt find RoP + arcane being terribly bad.. Like sure there are fights like Zorlok heroic where I just dont feel comfortable taking arcane + RoP, but still that's 1 fight, though Tsulong seems to fall to the same category and havent really been watching sha heroic at all so it might also be no go for RoP at least

But with the bad its also fairly good spec in the end, like sure you have the 6 AB ramp up time still, but after you get there, target switching aint at all as painful as it used to be with fire and frost..

Quote Originally Posted by Phatlewts View Post

I can't begin to understand that. It has more buttons and more thought than fire. This isn't your grandfather's arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I can't begin to understand that. It has more buttons and more thought than fire. This isn't your grandfather's arcane.
    The underestimation of arcane's complexity continues...
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Doubling stack damage boost would be completely over the top as we would be doing over 200k dps single target and bursting in the millions. Not. Gonna. Happen.
    Increasing the cap from 150% (6x25) to 180% (4x45) hardly makes it over the top, it's just a 20% buff.
    Then it would be in line with the other classes dps specs then, as right now it's 20% below everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Increasing the cap from 150% (6x25) to 180% (4x45) hardly makes it over the top, it's just a 20% buff.
    Then it would be in line with the other classes dps specs then, as right now it's 20% below everyone else.
    AB doing 2.5x damage at 6 stacks to 2.8x damage at 4 isn't a 20% buff, it's a 12% buff.

If you want a 20% buff, try 200% cap, by either (5x40), (6x33), or even (8x25).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    AB doing 2.5x damage at 6 stacks to 2.8x damage at 4 isn't a 20% buff, it's a 12% buff.

If you want a 20% buff, try 200% cap, by either (5x40), (6x33), or even (8x25).
    5, 6 or even 8 stack limit is too high, it needs to be 4 x 50% then.