Increased Conquest cap

So Front Page made me quite happy today reading that conquest cap on 1500 Arena Rating is increased to 1800 up from 1350.

It has bugged me from the start of the season that we were forced to do RBG to reach the Conquest cap if you hadn't had a rating around 1700 or so.

What are your thoughts on this change?
    Warrior New Main

Its pretty much still the same thing, you get more from arena but you get WAY more form RBGS. nothing changed. still have to do RBGs for higher points

EDITIN: i assume say 1800 Arena will give you something around 2100 points or so while 1800 RBG will give you close to 3000 points, just speculating.
    i7 980X 4.2GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨............................
    2x OCZ Agility 2 (120g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨...........................
    Patriot 12 gig 2000........................................ ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸............................
    Gigabyte GTX 580...................................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø......................

That's ofc right.
    RBG's will always grant a higher cap, but what I was talking about is the chance to cap purely from doing arenas, and not being forced to RBG's.

I'm a very casual player, but it just bugs me that I need those 300 Conq Points from RBG to be capped :/
    Warrior New Main

The way i cap points nowdays is by having a 1900 2v2 or 3v3 and a 1800 RBG, i get total of 2200 weekly points or so from which 1800 are from Arena, what it means i only need 1 win in RBG, rest i just cap from arena, but you have to play both.
    i7 980X 4.2GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨............................
    2x OCZ Agility 2 (120g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨...........................
    Patriot 12 gig 2000........................................ ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸............................
    Gigabyte GTX 580...................................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø......................

So even after the 1800 cap raise, it's still required to do one damn RBG to cap?
    Warrior New Main

Good change, needed for the upcoming conquest gear change.

Just remove RBGs and I'm completely satisfied. Why would they force me to RBG at start of the every season if I wish to gear up quickly? It disgusts me.

The Lightbringer
    This change does nothing but to make it easier to get gear full gear before next season (remember that all gear can be upgraded twice after 5.1, making it much more CP demanding to get BiS gear).
    RBGs should be played by those who prefer to do so. Make RBG grant the same conquest point cap per rating as 3v3 or 5v5, and those players who like to play RBGs can finally get to do so, whereas those who only do it for points don't have to do it any longer.

Blizzard should never have added the extra CP from RBGs in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    So even after the 1800 cap raise, it's still required to do one damn RBG to cap?
    Yes it is not a bug we are not meant to cap purely from only doing arena or random bgs as was possible last season.
    I hate this change as trying to get into a pug rbg takes ages as a dps.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Worst thing they could ever do.

I'm playing around 1.9 - 2k rating in 3v3, I get a 2.2k cap from that. If they don't make that cap way bigger it's useless since I can just do rbgs to get my 2.2k cap.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Worst thing they could ever do.

I'm playing around 1.9 - 2k rating in 3v3, I get a 2.2k cap from that. If they don't make that cap way bigger it's useless since I can just do rbgs to get my 2.2k cap.
    Some people's caps haven't raised(Mine) so you may not be seeing your higher cap.

It's the same as before, when you hit 1500 your cap will start raising.

But now the baseline cap is higher than it was before.

(Note) I've also noticed some people saying that if you're below 1500 you don't get your increased rating cap, not sure though. I haven't been paying attention to all the blue post lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...