Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trash before Elegon, bit advice needed

How do you properly deal with the trash before elagon? We failed. Took as over 30 mins to clear the trash. Lock kiting one of the mobs around until half of the raid ressed and tank running around in circle to kite the biggest mob just right after the boss. It is not always possible as a tank to out run the mob... And they are not that much CC-able...

Now that you have finished laughing your socks off, can you give some advice please, so we can start wiping on the boss faster ?

Let them punt the tanks.

It gives the tanks plenty of time to "kite" them and wait out the AoE pulse, that's what was killing our raid.

Not dodging the knockback is effective for reducing the AoE damage AND is a lot of fun. FORE!

The tanks should each take one of the wardens and when they put their blue cone spell on the ground the tank stands in it, gets knocked back and then runs until the wardens damage boost wears off. I off tank the arcanists and the big guy engine keeper i think on my fury warrior they go down quick with me and our rogue on them.

There's a nice skill that the Wardens use that knocks you far far away. Doesn't it sound like a good way to kite? *wink wink*

Pretty sure everyone had this problem. The way to deal with it is let one tank grab both wardens, on the 2 pulls before him. Make sure that tank gets hit by their knockback (They gain a buff that does raid wide AoE when the tank gets hit) As soon as the add that did the knockback has 1 second left on his buff, let the other add knock him back. Simply repeat this, just make sure the tank doesnt engage until the buff is down to 1 second.

Deleted
    Also you can just use hero on it, unless you have some godlike dps and just rush in and pull elegon as sson as you can it will be off cd again in time for last phase. And the damage to the raid can be outranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand in the blue stuff.... I had a healer screaming his head off, for us not to do so, said that we make raid take 90k damage x_x. Even when the other tank explained that the blue thing and knockback doesn't do any damage, but the attacks do.

Thanks for a tips.What Porra said sound really useful

I off tank the arcanists and the big guy engine keeper i think on my fury warrior they go down quick with me and our rogue on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    There's a nice skill that the Wardens use that knocks you far far away. Doesn't it sound like a good way to kite? *wink wink*
    Must admit I love it when I'm in a pug and they suggest that, only to have at least one tank fly off into the great pit

If your healers are competent, you can also have the tanks stack with they're back's to the wall and everyone else right behind the mobs (Ranged interrupter on the Engine keeper).., the aoe dmg is in no way hard to heal, as others have said, it's not the blue cone that does the damage, it's the buff the Warden's get following it.

Let the tanks focus on the Wardens, while DPS nuke everything else down. The engine-keeper and arcanists are basically untankable since all they do are spells, so DPS nukes them down first while tanks kite the wardens. 1 each.

And yeah, tanks get hit by the blue knockback thing and then run away for a bit. Nice and easy. Healers can get hit by the knockback too to ensure they remain in range.

Honestly it's a fairly simple design, but pretty ingenious. Lots of fun for tanks. :P

Deleted
    Coordination, kite them between your MT & OT, MT takes both, once one of them starts casting his shit, OT taunts, halfway through the buff, MT taunts back, rinse and repeat. the other mobs don't need to be tanked.

10+ Year Old Account
    "only to have at least one tank fly off into the great pit"
    I missed the pit with few mm I think ^^

And regarding the pit, our boomy proposed (since he had aggro of one of the Warden, when tanks were dead) to try will the Warden follow him to the pit. Unfortunately, it didn't follow. Allthough our lock dragged one from the start of the instance and back , guess "follow the leader" always doesn't work.
    Did you know that there is some clickable shit in the bottom of the pit (mage discovered it).

We decided to have some fun, the repair bot was inc. anyhow before boss

But we will try the kiting/taunting thing and leaving the rest to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Bloodlust/Heroism, waiting for 5mins for the debuff would be a lot faster than 30min of wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Use Bloodlust/Heroism, waiting for 5mins for the debuff would be a lot faster than 30min of wiping.
    Or, you know... just do the trash how its meant to be done. Tank gets knocked back, runs away till the mobs buff wears off, swings him round to get knocked back, rinse repeat. Once you know the trick its fun the first time then it just gets tedious, they have too much HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    If our Brewmaster is present, he just kites both the Wardens around Elegon. If not, then just split em up between both tanks (if they can't handle the solo tanking/kiting).
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    We use Heroism for this trash pack, because we can, you know ^^

Each tank takes a Warden, gets kicked around by them and kites them while we interrupt and burn the Engineer, then focus down the Arcanists.

After that, same old same old. Continue kiting the Wardens and kill them simultaneously.

Also: There's no need to wait for Heroism to come off CD before we pull Elegon. After all, you take a few minutes to kill the trash, buff, eat, etc, and the debuff is easily gone by the time you reach P2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Or, you know... just do the trash how its meant to be done. Tank gets knocked back, runs away till the mobs buff wears off, swings him round to get knocked back, rinse repeat. Once you know the trick its fun the first time then it just gets tedious, they have too much HP.
    There is not a single reason not to use BL/HM especially when you have problems defeating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    There is not a single reason not to use BL/HM especially when you have problems defeating them.
    Since your solution to not wiping on the trash is "bloodlust" its quite a shit solution. The correct solution is to use the correct tactics. I'm not disputing that BL helps, its far from the "solution" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    BL/Hero makes makes sure that the trash dies faster, even if the correct tactics are used. Thank you for the advice guys. Hopefully we spend next time more time on Elagon than the trash.

Before anyone starts "your DPS sucks and you don't have nothing to do on Elagon" I would like to say that we probably won't get the kill w/o better gear and improving ourselves, but if we get the tacs down and things right, it is just matter of time before on top of trash mob clear we get him down as well.

We simply kite them.

When they do their swing, let them knock the tank far away, then kite them until their buff is gone. Then just keep kiting. Lame trash!