Need help with DPS on Garalon 25N

We have some issues on this fight. We are fresh 25 (combined from three 10 groups) and we're still learn how to play togehter. And we manage how to deal with mechanics of this fight time but enrage destroys us. It's always close (3-4%) so as a raid we need only small upgrades. And one of them is my dps. I suck Usually I'm quite high in dps ranks but on this figh I can't hit more than 70k (average 67k) dps which is ~12th place... I cary debuff twice (one time on BL) and I need to coordinate range dps on this fight. But that is no excuse for my low dps. What can i do to improve?

Logs from yesterday: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gejralbseddfea8j/
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hegan/advanced

I guess it's more of What your RAID can do to improve, Hunters are the absolute worst for this boss as we have no Cleave. I did 69k myself on our kill, beating the tanks, our Raid leader(mage), 1 Shadow Priest(We got 3 total SPs, others were doing 90k DPS) and our other hunter.

Have your tanks kite the first 2 Pheromones so your DPS can get valuable Lust time during the pull, after that, it's all about managing the debuff and nobody dying.

I noticed from your logs that your 2nd rogue, Nergarl, is doing 117m Blade Flurry damage, while your 1st rogue is doing 175m, something is wrong here. The 1st rogue has 35.9% Dmg done by Blade Flurry, while your 2nd only 26%, that's a massive gap. Our Rogues did 200m and 180m, only ~20m gap, but your rogues have 60m.

Our General strategy:

Have a "Rogue group" which includes our Warriors and Rogues have always 1 leg up for them to cleave, when new one spawns the Rogue group moves to that one and the rest will finish off the almost-dead leg. Increasing the cleave time for Rogues yield way more DPS than having everyone zerg the leg the moment it spawns.

Stack rogues and win.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Stack rogues and win.
    Very helpful :P And yes, I know it's true. But I'm officer and my group requires me to participate in progress. So I'm looking for any kind of advice.

@Tehterokkar
    Nice tip, we will try it next week.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-11-07 at 10:12 AM.

Spoiler: He's not very happy.

Don't be BM for this fight. It's intentional to not buff the pets because then BM hunters would be the required class - they'd be able to kite with pheremones and do probably around 1.5x the damage of a normal ranged DPS while doing it. Kripp's criticisms on this are rather invalid as concerning hunters, but of course rogues are going to own this fight. No one seems to care they own H-Stone Guards, why this fight? They're practically useless on every other fight.

Lol rogues are doing pretty well compared to hunters on WOLs beating us on pretty much everything. Infact if we weren't good kiters we'd be useless on this encounters. Kripparion video has a point. Blizz keep saying they want to get away from class stacking, bring the player not the class. Not the case so far and in addition rogue rotation is ridiculously easy compared to hunters with little or no punishment like for a hunter if you fuck up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Don't be BM for this fight. It's intentional to not buff the pets because then BM hunters would be the required class - they'd be able to kite with pheremones and do probably around 1.5x the damage of a normal ranged DPS while doing it. Kripp's criticisms on this are rather invalid as concerning hunters, but of course rogues are going to own this fight. No one seems to care they own H-Stone Guards, why this fight? They're practically useless on every other fight.
    You're joking right? Hunters will never get assigned to the legs even if they get the buff on the pet, simply because rogues need to cleave them to get extra damage to both the legs and the boss.

@OP: you're shit outta luck on this encounter. Your raid needs to drop a random DPS thats not a rogue/warrior for a rogue and you get your kill.

To don't waste a week, we switched to 10man and killed it. But this week we must do this on 25. We have two fury warriors on bench. They are less geared than me, but thay might do more dmg :/

Go surv, What? NO NO do not kite! Have three heals as kiters and dps focus on legs till all is down then body *MEND LEG IS UP?* DPS THE LEG AGAIN! RINSE AND REPEAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post

Spoiler: He's not very happy.
    not not made a post or vid where hes not been bitching about everything in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    not not made a post or vid where hes not been bitching about everything in a long time.
    what? is this english?

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    You're joking right? Hunters will never get assigned to the legs even if they get the buff on the pet, simply because rogues need to cleave them to get extra damage to both the legs and the boss.

@OP: you're shit outta luck on this encounter. Your raid needs to drop a random DPS thats not a rogue/warrior for a rogue and you get your kill.
    That may be essential in heroic, but we're talking normal. It's not like the enrage is tight. As a SV kiter I've been DPSing the body while I kite and keeping SrS on any of the front legs which respawn via ToTH-MS (on the leg, not on the body, since it seems to not spread from body to leg). All I was trying to say with my post is that if BM hunters' pets got the buff, they'd be by far the preferred ranged class on this fight. The point still stands, you should be SV for this fight.

Deleted
    That may be essential in heroic, but we're talking normal. It's not like the enrage is tight. As a SV kiter I've been DPSing the body while I kite and keeping SrS on any of the front legs which respawn via ToTH-MS (on the leg, not on the body, since it seems to not spread from body to leg). All I was trying to say with my post is that if BM hunters' pets got the buff, they'd be by far the preferred ranged class on this fight. The point still stands, you should be SV for this fight.
    Well there is really no reason to take potential damage from other classes just for your own e-peen now is there? Just stay away from the legs after the first 4 as a hunter, rogues/warriors/mages simply have more use for it.

Also, I don't see how hunters would be prefered ranged class, mages also cleave to the boss and it would only be our pet cleaving to the boss while losing some DPS from the hunter because you have to use alot of multis. Just seems stupid and not worth it compared to just using a rogue and having him do double damage on legs and boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Well there is really no reason to take potential damage from other classes just for your own e-peen now is there? Just stay away from the legs after the first 4 as a hunter, rogues/warriors/mages simply have more use for it.

Also, I don't see how hunters would be prefered ranged class, mages also cleave to the boss and it would only be our pet cleaving to the boss while losing some DPS from the hunter because you have to use alot of multis. Just seems stupid and not worth it compared to just using a rogue and having him do double damage on legs and boss.
    It's because hunters are the best pheromone kiters.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

On 10 man this boss is faceroll compared to 25. Really.

I've noticed yesterday (after 7 attemps) one thing. My damage done is about ~50% on Garalon and ~50% his legs (as SV). In top guilds all hunters do this in BM but their ratio is ~90% to garalon and ~10% on his legs. With one target (garalon himself) even carring pheromones isn't be hard to hit 80k dps (~15k more than now).

@Proteus
    "Just stay away from the legs after the first 4 as a hunter" this is clue for all hunters complain about dps. Do your best (~80k dps) and no one can blame you for being bad player. Will definitly try this on Sunday.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-11-09 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It's because hunters are the best pheromone kiters.
    I don't see how this is related to DPSing the legs? Also false since its tanks and healers that should be doing it. We're the "best of the rest" and we generally do it because we suck at DPS on this boss anyway compared to other classes.

On 10 man this boss is faceroll compared to 25. Really.

I've noticed yesterday (after 7 attemps) one thing. My damage done is about ~50% on Garalon and ~50% his legs (as SV). In top guilds all hunters do this in BM but their ratio is ~90% to garalon and ~10% on his legs. With one target (garalon himself) even carring pheromones isn't be hard to hit 80k dps (~15k more than now).

@Proteus
    "Just stay away from the legs after the first 4 as a hunter" this is clue for all hunters complain about dps. Do your best (~80k dps) and no one can blame you for being bad player. Will definitly try this on Sunday.
    You'll find that 10m is generally faceroll on any encounter compared to 25m. But lets not get into that too much in this topic.

I also played as SV on this fight because of the leg buff not working for the pet, but in general it's just smarter to ignore legs and tunnel the boss while cleavers take care of the legs. Glad I at least made sense to someone, we shouldn't be desperately trying to get higher up the meter while just hurting overall raid DPS (and possibly even our own due to moving/pet target changes).

I've noticed looking at your logs that your uptime is a bit low, this may be caused by doing the kiting x2. Just have your tanks do it on the pull when all dps cds are up with BL, put sufficient ranged kiters after that(arounf 6-7) and finish with your tanks kiting when thier debuff falls off. Dont forget to allways kill his leggs since its 3% from his total HP and ask your melees to pick up thier dmg slightly, 2 rouges are fine to beat his enrage timer.

Asking your tanks to kite is, again, asking them to a do a delicate dance within a 12 yard box with the kiter at 12 yards away constantly without spreading it back to the other tank. While a good tank team who communicates well (IMO it's more of a 'knowing how your partner will react' sort of thing) will be able to do it, it's additional strain that they don't need.

Asking your tanks to kite is, again, asking them to a do a delicate dance within a 12 yard box with the kiter at 12 yards away constantly without spreading it back to the other tank. While a good tank team who communicates well (IMO it's more of a 'knowing how your partner will react' sort of thing) will be able to do it, it's additional strain that they don't need.
    Our tanks do it with no problem.. tell your tanks to stop failing if they do. We have two tanks, two hunters and about 5 healers (if I remember correctly, might be 4 healers) Kiting for us.

This is for 25 man.