Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    This has been scientifically proven to be false. Why would you state such bullshit? Next you are going to tell me the difference between a mastiff and a chihuahua is purely based on calorie and diet deficiencies or timing issues. Some people naturally grow more muscle than other people. And for good reason. Evolutionarily it makes sense that there would be significant biodiversity in the human race. Hard gainers tend to be better long distance runners (like a deer) while easy gainers tend to be strong and quick (like a panther) or super strong and slow (like an elephant). Each type of build is good at different things and allows the human race survive different types of natural environments.
    So angry so fast. I said "usually" and "pretty much" - hardgainers need to eat more, eat better and eat at the right times, do you dispute this? If you have proof i am wrong thats cool, i won't flip out over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzo View Post
    Do you have anything to prove that? I remember to have read it several times and went looking for more articles about it. Here is one: http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/pre...etabolism.html
    He states that its effective for metabolism boosts as well as muscle growth. I know you shouldnt trust whatever you read but in my years of intense workout and passion about body development I never found and article that said otherwise. I don't go looking for myth busting every day so if you have concrete evidence I would very much like to know.
    A vaguely recalled article, the gist went that its not a huge deal if you don't cram food into you within one hour post workout - having it when you can is fine and wont make your workout worthless in the slightest.
    Last edited by mmocf0e017c162; 2012-11-07 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given his body type I would agree. However, I am at sub 10% body fat and SUCK at climbing... can barely do 5.8s. Truly a shitty sport for us short and stocky folk.
    What? Are you kidding? Sasha DiGiulian, first American female who climbed a 9a and arguably best female climber in the world is like 157 cm tall. That doesn't really matter. And the part about you sucking, well that's just probably cause no one taught you how to climb properly. I've been climbing for about 6 months now and I'm climbing 6b (that would be 5.12, rite?) and have the power for a 7b I tried just this weekend. Also, I'm 195cm tall and 71kg, so that also puts me at very low body fat.

But I still stand by saying that climbing, and bouldering particularly are awesome for getting fit. You don't even get extremely bulk by doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    A vaguely recalled article, the gist went that its not a huge deal if you don't cram food into you within one hour post workout - having it when you can is fine and wont make your workout worthless in the slightest.
    No I agree. But in terms of min/maxing, you go for every bit that helps you achieve your goals. You can create a nice lean shredded body without proper sleep and eating habits. You will never be competition material and it might take more time to achieve but its definately possible. All depends on genetic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzo View Post
    No I agree. But in terms of min/maxing, you go for every bit that helps you achieve your goals. You can create a nice lean shredded body without proper sleep and eating habits. You will never be competition material and it might take more time to achieve but its definately possible. All depends on genetic
    Genetics are just a dumb excuse...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Slightly confused by ambiguity, a dumb excuse for what?

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    What? Are you kidding? Sasha DiGiulian, first American female who climbed a 9a and arguably best female climber in the world is like 157 cm tall. That doesn't really matter. And the part about you sucking, well that's just probably cause no one taught you how to climb properly. I've been climbing for about 6 months now and I'm climbing 6b (that would be 5.12, rite?) and have the power for a 7b I tried just this weekend. Also, I'm 195cm tall and 71kg, so that also puts me at very low body fat.

But I still stand by saying that climbing, and bouldering particularly are awesome for getting fit. You don't even get extremely bulk by doing it.
    Stocky implies heavy for height but speaks mostly to bone structure (I am an endo/mesomorph, wide waist and hips). I go from 5'9" at 180 to 200 depending on the time of the year and how much I can run. Never go above 12% bf though. Think mark wahlberg build. I am more of a wrestler/mma fighter so those are the sports I focus on.

If you look at Sasha, she is built like a stick. Shes short but she isnt stocky.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Uh... this is a fairly dramatized rendition of genetics: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rr8cWu8nIg...totype-Men.jpg or https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...lVIyLz64JP6oVg is a real life example.

The guy is ripped on the right but he is no where as aesthetic as an ecto or meso could get.

Here is another: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...OldB7xd38rtadg
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-07 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stocky implies heavy for height but speaks mostly to bone structure (I am an endo/mesomorph, wide waist and hips). I go from 5'9" at 180 to 200 depending on the time of the year and how much I can run. Never go above 12% bf though. Think mark wahlberg build. I am more of a wrestler/mma fighter so those are the sports I focus on.

If you look at Sasha, she is built like a stick. Shes short but she isnt stocky.
    Ok, I did not know what stocky means. Now I do. But it doesn't mean you suck at climbing just because of that. The French, Philippe something, is basically a cripple and he still climbs. The owned of my club is missing a palm and he still climbs. Honestly, it doesn't REALLY matter how build you are. Sasha and Adam Ondra are thin as a stick but Sharma isn't, for example.

Anyway, let's not turn this too much off topic and stop here, just do what you enjoy doing