View Poll Results: What feature of Mists of Pandaria has not lived up to it's hype?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scenarios

215 62.14%
  • New Dungeons

40 11.56%
  • New Raids

19 5.49%
  • LFR Loot System

38 10.98%
  • New Battlegrounds

22 6.36%
  • PVP

66 19.08%
  • Dailies

135 39.02%
  • Currency

57 16.47%
  • Pet Battles

52 15.03%
  • Pandaria (world)

27 7.80%
  • Tillers Farming

49 14.16%
  • Challenge Modes

57 16.47%
  • Monks

46 13.29%
  • Pandaren

30 8.67%
  • Levelling to 90

54 15.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What feature of Mists of Pandaria has not lived up to it's hype?

For me I would go ahead and say Scenarios. They look great on paper, but have been poorly implemented so far. In my opinion for Scenarios to work, they need to be used for the levelling process, they have been called queued group quests, however group quests are really only good to grant experience.

Many scenarios scattered throughout the levelling process would greatly improve this feature. Current scenarios could open up per level from 85-90, lower level scenarios wouldn't scale (similarly to dungeons).
    It wouldn't take long to queue for lower level scenarios as well as a levelling toon, with the fact you can queue to multiple things at once now.

So, MMO-Champion readers, what is the feature that has been the most disappointing for you in MoP so far?
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

I so feel the same pretty much...did each one once to see whats up and never touched them again...
    I don't age I level up...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillawar View Post
    I so feel the same pretty much...did each one once to see whats up and never touched them again...
    It was really quite disappointing, because I like the idea of scenarios, I'm going in there with 2 friends of mine soon to finish all the achievements, but after thats done, theres no reason to go back. If they made them from 85-90, then I would see them while levelling all 11 of my 85 toons :P but I wouldn't touch them if I get my toons to 90. They're basically just extra achievement points currently
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,

Scenarios. I ran one as soon as I hit 90 for that weapon you get from ring of blood 4.0, but haven't gone back since. As much as scenarios look like they might be interesting, Blizzard has given no real reason to run them, except perhaps for the valor bonus.

Dailies,scenarios a close second, but dailies are just horrid grindy kill and collect quests with very little randomness I see the same quests day after day.

I agree i looked forward to the scenarios... But yeah ive done one... Go figure... I started pet battling the other day and loving that... But only prob is i dont have people to duel.. since i have my 3 level 25 pets
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Dailies.

Leveling to 90 was just... too grindy. Took too long and I got bored of it at 88/89-ish, where I felt it should have been finished.
    And there weren't enough dungeons while leveling. 4 is NOT ENOUGH.

Monks are alright.
    Last edited by Sighz; 2012-11-06 at 06:40 AM.

The dailies are pretty bad, Shado-Pan in particular. But I'll have to agree scenarios have been the biggest disappointment.

I'd like to say: Blizzard, can we see more factions like the Tillers. I loved the whole side aspect of getting ingredients to go with the questing.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I agree i looked forward to the scenarios... But yeah ive done one... Go figure... I started pet battling the other day and loving that... But only prob is i dont have people to duel.. since i have my 3 level 25 pets
    I'll take you on with my 3 level 25 pets :P I love pet battling! I've already caught all the pets except the ones that require a sandstorm, rain and snow, and the Minfernal and Plagued Whelpling suck on CRZs
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,

For me, it's sadly most of the expansion that disappointed.

Scenarios, as many others have said, have a shelf life of about a week tops. They're just not interesting or rewarding to go back in multiple times.
    New Dungeons, frankly, I don't like the design direction dungeons went to. They're nothing more then straight lines to be powered through in 15 - 20 minutes tops. Pretty much a train track experience if I ever saw one before.
    Dailies, Pet Battles, Farming, and Challenge Modes, I guess you can lump all together for me for the same reason. That reason? The endless grinding. Dailies, it's pretty obvious why. It's pretty damn annoying doing them every day for the rep and charms. No matter how much Blizzard tries to claim they aren't required, I've had a pretty hard time finding any guild willing to accept their players not doing them. Pet Battles, same thing. A grind of pets though which have no purpose outside of PokeWoW. They in no way make your character stronger, it's just a time waster. Likewise, Farming. Yes, you get a reward in foods, but it's an extremely slow process. Lastly, Challenge Modes. Again, another grind with an extremely high bar. One little mistake can mean the difference between a silver and gold and therefore a reset.

So all in all, I think I'm fairly dissatisfied all around. I felt these things were hyped to be more entertaining then they were and really failed to deliver on the fun aspect.

Dailies, dailies and more dailies. This new patch is bring us... MORE DAILIES.

And to those saying they aren't mandatory, they kinda are. If your aim is to actually gear up characters, obtain mounts and stuff they are mandatory.

Scenarios. At first, they were perfect for me, I like questing and since i'm not a raider it would be perfect for me to kill time. But:
    -They're too easy, they offer no challenges.
    -The people I played with beside Saturday are overall bad, they do no dps at all.
    -Took my Scenaterdist achievement, will never come back.

2nd are dailies: i never really liked the idea of dailies overall, but I didn't think they would be that important in MoP. imo to make dailies 'good':
    -They should put more differences in the faction dailies, for example Golden Lotus: kill 12 Mogu, now kill 7 of them but at the lake, now kill 7 mogu spirits, this doesn't bring enough variety in quest mobs and kill quests.
    -They should balance them more, make them mid-important to factions and make dungeon mobs give 20+ rep per mob (BC) and give raids 40+, so they can atleast put some times in the dungeons.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    So all in all, I think I'm fairly dissatisfied all around. I felt these things were hyped to be more entertaining then they were and really failed to deliver on the fun aspect.
    This. When i first heared about MoP I think my schedule would be like (in order top to bottom):
    -Get Valor Cap
    -Do Raids
    -Do Scenarios
    -Do an ACCEPTABLE amount of dailies.
    -Try out Challenge Modes

Eventually (top to bottom):
    -Do ALMOST REQUIRED dailies.
    -Get Valor Cap
    -Try to get into a decent Raiding Guild.

Not what I hoped at all.

I don't think any of it has been overhyped, it all seems to be pretty much what it looked like, but for when it's been better than I hoped for.

Scenarios would be better if they had better rewards, but that doesn't make them overhyped at all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post

And to those saying they aren't mandatory, they kinda are. If your aim is to actually gear up characters, obtain mounts and stuff they are mandatory.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Elrith/simple

I am a 463 ilevel with a few 476s and a 496. I have done no dailies.

You're basically saying that people who do dailies for reputation should not get special rewards at all, because you might want what the people who want to do dailies get as a reward.

Where the fuck did this idea come from? Did you all start playing in Cataclysm? Most of TBC was dailies after they were put into the game if you didn't want to raid. Most of WOTLK was dailies if you didn't want to raid. Cataclysm was all dailies if you didn't want to raid. The only difference now is you have the option of doing a shitload of dailies if you don't want to just run heroics and scenarios and raid.

I find it laughable that grinding the professions isn't a grind, but doing the dailies for a month for a recipe you want is.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-11-06 at 06:55 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I'm most disappointed by how the whole 'we'll support varied playstyles and encourage people to play how they want' line has panned out. The varied playstyles aren't even remotely balanced to give close to the same rewards, leaving me feeling pressured into a playstyle I don't particularly enjoy. idc that they have dailies in the game, and more power to the people who enjoy them, but I'd appreciate a little more love and better balance in terms of time to reward for the things I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post

Just want to point out it is not mandatory to collect mounts or stuff. If you chose to do it you have to do the work to get them - how else do you expect to get stuff, by just logging in?

Voted scenarios. Did like four of them and never felt like I need to queue up again.

They should rather make them to be possible for 85 - 90 leveling process characters. To also gain XP. THere is no point doing them at all.

Pandaren Monk
    You literally don't have to do a single daily to get geared. My warrior is 466 after 2 weeks, I don't raid and I did like 3 dailys on him. The last time I felt obligated to do dailys was Ogir'la when I didn't have a guild.

I wasn't hyped at all for the wowfarm and pokewow features but after trying them out on live I must admit they are well made and quite addicting. I was looking forward to playing a monk though and after dinging 90 on mine shortly after release it doesn't disappoint it's a brilliant class.

I'd say the only real disappointing feature has been the scenarios... While the concept is neat, they should really be built into the leveling experience, and not end-game... unless they offer gear or, perhaps a chunk of reputation for the first kills of the day, people aren't going to really care about them at max level.

As for dailies... the only things I dislike are the Shado-pan dailies, and that's merely from a design point of view. dailies have always been a grind. In fact, this is as close to the "glorious BC dailies" as its been for a while. Reputation gear isn't required to raid (According to both a Blizzard poster and the fact that guilds cleared Mogu'shan vaults before their members could make any significant headway in reputations anyway) and it offers nothing beyond okay-quality raiding gear but cosmetic rewards which are, well, COSMETIC.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi
    They aren't required for gearing up. We've covered this. As for mounts well, yeah, how would you rather we acquire mounts? How is it different from acquiring any of the other mounts in game? Should I get ashes of Al'ar automatically just because I "want it?"
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Scenarios would have been perfect when levelling where there previously have been group quests. They even said they were aiming at some sort of group quest replacement. And what do they do? They add them at lvl 90 only where you're just dumped somewhere with no context, no rewards, no point. Complete failure.