Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Extended Maintenance - 7 -11-2012

Sorry everyone, due to an issue we're having in resolving the maintenance, we're extending the period of downtime.

The current scheduled end to the maintenance is now 13:00 CET
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6078?page=2#26

Well well so we still have nearly 2 hours.

NEW:

Unfortunately, we need to extend the #maint for an additional 2 hours while we perform some intensive server testing. New ETA = 15:00 CET.
    Last edited by Heiko; 2012-11-07 at 12:19 PM.

Incoming people demanding free game time because of this.
    Hint: You won't get it.

Also, time to go do something else!

Deleted
    This really sucks.. GJ Blizzard.....

I'm not demanding free game time cus of this but I do wish they would let us know earlier. If it was really a "scheduled maintenance" as they say, they should've knew about this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't affect me at all, as I'm at work until 17:00 CET anyway so. Really doesn't people have anything better to do than to play WoW during the morning? And for everyone that has played for more than a year, knows that there's maintenance on Wednesdays (EU) and Tuesdays (US), and that sometimes they need more time, and sometimes they need less time.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    Doesn't affect me at all, as I'm at work until 17:00 CET anyway so. Really doesn't people have anything better to do than to play WoW during the morning? And for everyone that has played for more than a year, knows that there's maintenance on Wednesdays (EU) and Tuesdays (US), and that sometimes they need more time, and sometimes they need less time.
    Well, some people work from their home and have nothing better to do than play WoW, besides Galleon spawns after the reset...atleast so I have heard. Yeah, people know there's maintenance on Wednesday, but no one is expecting a maintenance until 13:00.As I said earlier, if this was really a scheduled maintenance then they knew about the change and should have told us earlier.

Well I am at work so it doesn't affect me.

Do you guys have nothing else to do untill the servers come up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for me it sucks too, coz i acctually dont have my lectures till evening, so ii have this free time what i wanted to spend in WoW.

Not a biggy, but yeah i was planing to play. meh...

Time for some TV shows... Walking dead + Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Well, some people work from their home and have nothing better to do than play WoW,
    This doesn't sound good in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    . Yeah, people know there's maintenance on Wednesday, but no one is expecting a maintenance until 13:00.As I said earlier, if this was really a scheduled maintenance then they knew about the change and should have told us earlier.
    Well tbh, this hasn't happened in a long time and over the years Blizzard have done great stuff to minimize this kind of stuff and succeeded. Nevertheless, I want to comment your remark since it shows how limited your knowledge is regarding maintenance on managed environments. Be it an ICT environemnt or a factory environment...

You can't always be sure how long maintenance will take. If all goes well, then normally the service is up and running again at the designated time. Sometimes you get lucky and it's actually ahead of schedule. But also sometimes you encounter stuff during maintenance that needs to be fixed/addressed/corrected or whatever. SOmetimes it's expected/calculated sometimes not. It's impossible to always predict it right.
    SO they could not have told us earlier, most likely. ANd how would you have bitched at them isf they said the servers would be up at 13:00 around 8:00??? Only to find that it was not that big a problem and servers were up at 10:00 again and you missed Galleon? EVen during regular maintenance it has occurred often that there was mention of 11:00 time on the login page and that the servers were actually up sinced early that morning.
    So what?

Be a big boy...

It's one of those situations again where Blizzard can't really win.

Deleted
    On the day I get exalted with Shado-Pan! hurry up blizz I wantz my mounts!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The only thing "better" I might have to do is go swim in my swimming pool or get drunk...
    Why not make a poolparty for MMO-C people? That would be awesome, and we'd forget about this stupid maintenance ^^

Deleted
    Well bad luck folks they dint manage to sort out things before lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    So I just set out on an unholy inquisition to hunt down that fat spider which dared interrupting my night time anime session yesterday and managed to slip away somehow. Fourty minutes into my crusade, I've successfully reassembled every available piece of furniture into a pile of junk, electrocuted myself several times with the electric fly swatter, broke a few vases, for some reason I'm not entirely sure what the lane is on fire, I'm full of tranquilizers and hulled into bandages right now, there might be something broken, ah and I think the neighbours have already called the cops.

BTW, it got away again. GJ Blizzard...
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-11-07 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Only the lazy unemployed will be affected by this. No biggie!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neöphyte View Post
    Only the lazy unemployed will be affected by this. No biggie!
    Because everybody works 9-5?
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-11-07 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    it´s 13.04 and they still havn´t opened.. bad blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Incoming people demanding free game time because of this.
    Hint: You won't get it.

It's funny how Blizzard bent over back in vanilla and gave us free gametime when ever they kept us out of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    13:07 still not up i need my WoW fix
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

15+ Year Old Account
    Makes me almost feel lucky I had no time playing so far today, servers might come up again just as I'm done here