Heroic Will of the Emperor help!

We just pushed 5/6H 10man - killed spirit kings after total of 4 hours on the boss and we are having issues with Will of the emperor.

After first night on the boss we have kind of got add killing + soaking down pat with a few misshaps here and there but our tanks kind of keep getting killed very quickly following the dance, not sure what it is but they just get smashed very quickly and the dance happens too often that cycling cd's isnt really enough. I should note they dodge every attack almost without fail - its not an armor debuff issue

Our tanks that we have available are pally, druid, dk. the DK doesn't have the issue but both the pally and druid do.

Any other tips for killing the boss is greatly appreciated, any small things or little tips or anything that may help would be fantastic.

Raid comp we have for healers available is pally, monk, shaman - atm going with monk and shammy

Sorry no logs available
    Last edited by Foto; 2012-11-07 at 01:15 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

I can only think that the tanks are getting hit by the devastating combo, thus getting an armor reduction debuff. So when the bosses stop combo'ing, their regular melee just wrecks the tank.

The other possibility is that maybe titan sparks are getting killed too closely to a boss, so they get a buffed attack speed and destroy the tank that way?

About all that I can suggest without looking at logs, I'm afraid.

Okay well apparantly the boss was picking up the sparks for super extra damage so we fixed that.

2nd thing, once we get to the first part where we kill all the adds, have a break where we damage the boss then the adds spawn again, is that pretty much the entire fight just rinse and repeating? until we hit the soft enrage and the adds never stop?

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Oh okay I thought the 13minutes was when the adds started spawning very fast but if that definitely happens then the 13min is a hard enrage, thanks for that

Any specific tips for what people did on 10man? we found that throughout the night we got more and more used to the timing of the adds but still had some stray orbs that would run away. We don;t have a lot of immunities/things that can soak the sparks so this appears to be a bit of a problem for us, any tips for getting this sorted or is it just rng based on who the sparks land on and therefore 2 sparks can go off in different directions possibly leaving one of them to not get blown up together?

On that note also found the sparks weren't popable right away, is that just like an unseen 5sec timer til they are explodable?

The fight goes like this:

Wave of adds
    Bosses spawn
    Wave of adds
    Break
    Wave of adds
    Break
    Wave of Adds
    Break
    Wave of Adds
    Wave of Adds (shortly into this wave the bosses should die, but note there is no break in between the previous one)
    Hard enrage shortly after

And yes, sparks takes a few seconds before they can explode.

Not sure how shammy healers are, but if you have tank death problems, I'd definitely take a pally over shammy.

Is there only 3 breaks or 4? Is it realistic to kill the sparks when there are absolutely no cooldowns to burn on it?
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2012-11-07 at 11:47 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Okay sure thing, we've been thinking that possibly the pally with their spell that heals one target when you heal another - clearly i don't play a pally - would really help with tank healing/damage.

The sparks have 1.5million hp so its certainly viable to kill them but might cut us short on the enrage timer but we have to get there first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    2nd thing, once we get to the first part where we kill all the adds, have a break where we damage the boss then the adds spawn again, is that pretty much the entire fight just rinse and repeating? until we hit the soft enrage and the adds never stop?
    Sort of. The rotation of the adds isn't uniform from start to finish, but there is a pattern to it. Here's how it goes for me, the Strength "DPS offtank".

[Fight Starts] - 4 Strengths - [Break] - 2 Strengths - [Break] - 2 Strengths - [Break] - 4+ Strengths ...

The boss has always died for us after the third break, before the second or third Strength of that wave. That would be around the 10:40 mark.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    Not sure how shammy healers are, but if you have tank death problems, I'd definitely take a pally over shammy.
    No worries, shaman healers are a-ok. We use one (along with a druid) for everything and he's solid.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    The sparks have 1.5million hp so its certainly viable to kill them but might cut us short on the enrage timer but we have to get there first.
    An another option is to plan out all your soaks in advance soak by soak, minute by minute to see which ones (if not all) you can optimally take.
    That's what we did by using a spreadsheet and it pretty much made an early first kill possible.

Here's a link to it in Google Docs if you're interested in an example (the labels are in Finnish, but you should get the general idea): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JX053clE#gid=0
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-11-08 at 09:05 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>