Deleted

frost dk pvp survival

hello, so my question is: Do you guys think that frost DKs die very fast if you look at all the other classes? i mean ive got full pvp honor gear and i pretty much dont stand a change against a melee class like a warrior. im just wondering if DKs are in a bad state atm or if there is anything that can boost my survival a bit.

thank you ;p

Glass cannon.

Kinda odd for a heavy plate wearing class, but that's what it is.

No we are fine.

AMS
    Pet sac
    LB self healing
    Kiting with CoI stuns
    Strang defensively
    Deathstrike

We have a ton of things we can do to survive.

Fine against casters and sucks vs melees. DA or chilblains should be baseline that would help a lot.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Still more durable than other non-fotm classes, such as rogues,monks, shamans and druids.

Deleted
    The most important thing that most people don't know about is the ability to selfheal using Death Coil whilst under the effects of Lichborne, a great many DKs I encounter had no idea they could do it, and making a simple macro to selfcast DC really gives you an extra something. It's not always a good idea to Lichborne just to heal, but when you're not worried about eating a fear it certainly helps. Everything else like IBF and ghoul sac, everybody knows about.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The most important thing that most people don't know about is the ability to selfheal using Death Coil whilst under the effects of Lichborne, a great many DKs I encounter had no idea they could do it, and making a simple macro to selfcast DC really gives you an extra something. It's not always a good idea to Lichborne just to heal, but when you're not worried about eating a fear it certainly helps. Everything else like IBF and ghoul sac, everybody knows about.
    Lichborne healing's kind of weak for Frost DKs this season; once I use it to eat my own 2-3 DCs, I was just prolonging my death anyway. In the past I've used Lichborne to heal, now it's mostly to break fears (because priest spamfearing is way out of control and to this date I have never been shackled)

On topic, we get destroyed by Warriors and Hunters with an iKill macro, but then again it's more of those classes really being too good right now.

I'd say we're decent against casters, better against rogues and ferals than last season, but overall we don't have a major defensive move that can cause opposing players to take the pressure off us. They'll really just want to hit us harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    LB self heals aren't nearly as strong as they used to be, as Frost at least. Plus it can bug at times.

The main thing I do in arena now is I'm almost always sitting in Blood Presence when getting focused. 55% armour increase, 10% damage reduction, and 25% increased hp is nothing to scoff at. Our survivability might not be as good as other classes, but blood presence does help and using glyph of shifting presences is a must in my opinion. Frost Strikes cost more in Blood Presence, but your Obliterates will hit for the same amount as they do in Frost Presence, so our potential burst is just as good, just smaller sustained damage due to less Frost strikes and therefore less RE/RC/BT procs.

Blood Presence is a must against melee comps, the armour increase is definitely needed.

Deleted
    Frost DK's are fine I wish you guys who clearly suck at the class, are ranting about them being squishy. They aren't squishy. It's because of the current retarded amount of burst few classes have nowadays, but every class is squishy against that. If a Warrior pops all cooldowns vs me and I tunnel with CD rotating, He won't kill me.

Any time you're being swapped to, or someone is using offensive cd's on you, go blood presence.

Our survivability could do with a small buff, but it's no where near as bad as it was at the end of cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think dks self heals are fine. i think the main problem with dks is our inability to stop all incoming damage with stuns, roots, immobilizing effects. All other melee have 1-3 stuns/roots/other effects that we lack.

also i would like to see deathstrike reworked for unholy/frost to make the rune exchange worth it for us to use, like maybe up the minimum heal or maybe make it so blood shield works for all 3 specs. id like the seee the old dark succor glyph back as well.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not squishy, though they do sacrifice alot of damage to stay alive. And currently warrior, retribution and rogue burst on death knights is too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Frost DK's are fine I wish you guys who clearly suck at the class, are ranting about them being squishy. They aren't squishy. It's because of the current retarded amount of burst few classes have nowadays, but every class is squishy against that. If a Warrior pops all cooldowns vs me and I tunnel with CD rotating, He won't kill me.
    Just because you play warriors who clearly suck at their class doesn´t mean DK couldn´t use a survival burst compared to other melee classes.

Frost DKs are pretty much glass cannons. They do nothing but deal easy, healable cleave damage that pads meters.

As far as defenses go...

For example: Arms warriors can sit in defensive stance, get 25% damage reduction with a negligible drop off in damage when DKs get gimped when switching in blood presence all for a measly 10%.

Other classes have many more tools than we have right now. I'd gladly sacrifice damage for more tools like a baseline 1 min strang and an extra defensive CD.

I disagree with most of the topics here about low surv in pvp,consider ur dmg and cc i think any upgrade to surv will be op OR are u willing to sacrifice some % of frost dmg for a % self heal boost? and something else if som1 is really strong agaisnt a caster he shouldnt ask for the same superiority against mellee and vis versa.I still believe that DKs are the most complete class since Wotlk no FOTM class will change my mind cause after th nerfs u will be againt the most complete class.

Bring a healer. You're going to die fast, but if you find an outside source to prevent that, you're also going to kill fast.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Lichborne heals we're bugged, if your having trouble with RP for LB heals you need to spam chains on a target if you have gloves. Most comps you need presence glyph and often have to start blood presence. I've ran tsg and i'm rarely in frost presence because I'm being trained.

God comps/kfc/kitty cleaves are all better then anything with a dk currently except maybe shadow cleave. Just can't keep up with the CC's. DKs have the longest silence by a mile and very little cc. Glass cannon(plate lol), capacitors and purge can go through AMS, are melee but can be silence and screw a pet sec and most things other then auto attack, silence also requires a rune to be off CD when our only kill ability we need to hit costs 2 runes.

DKs are certainly more survivable then last season where they we're getting blue screen damaged but its still bad and not balanced. Most all DK comps will be better with a alternative dps which is unfortunate. /end rant

DK survivability is fine, just learn to stance-dance

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    DK survivability is fine, just learn to stance-dance
    Stance dancing is far, far, far from a solution to our survivability problems.

every "weak" class of cataclysm got a new talent to get the pressure off of from theirselfs , like druid steath jumps , warlock self regeneration , warrior second wind etc.

Only dks got nothing new into their arsenals as a new survival mechanic. when we focused , we are kinda dead if our ams is on cooldown -which doesnt have any effect agains physical damage aka hunters/warriors-

Until this "no survival" changes , dk skill cap will be like double of most of the classes.. sad , but true.