Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I love Baine, almost as much as Vol'jin. His father, Cairne, was one of my all time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The one he took back?
    When? How do you even take back a death threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    But seriously i think its because nobody knows much about him or has any connection to him

with cairn we was there when we first meet him in kalimdor we followed him all the way from wc3 to wrath but with baine very little is known

Unless you read the books which a huge majority havent then you will know next to squat about him except for a cool quest in the tauren starting zone where he kills that grimtotem but that quest is for taurens only

bottom line he needs to be fleshed out in mop and with him appearing in the domination point questline i hope to see more of him
    100% agree. Baine is just bland. I haven´t rolled a new tauren after Cataclysm so i never did him see or do anything.
    At least Lor´Themar has this "Who?" joke thing going for him, Baine is just basically non-existent in the game.

I don´t dislike him because of that but i don´t like him either. What´s there to like ?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's pretty inoffensive. I was hoping he'd turn out to be a more... iron-fisted ruler than Cairne, and demonstrate it by whirling around and lopping Magatha's head off back in The Shattering. Pity he didn't take that turn.

Not a tyrant, but a Saurfang-esque character: someone who doesn't take it from anyone or anything. Not going around offering water to chronically genocidal quilboar.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    His personality is the one of the Horde leader's that hasn't gone back and forth and been contradicted constantly:
    Vol'jin went from threatening to kill Garrosh to being his lapdog bitch who bends over at the drop of a hat in Tides of War.
    Slyvanas went from a arguably black/grey character who hated undeath and in a weird way cared for her people to a Saturday morning cartoon villain of pure evil.
    Garrosh bounced from emo, to douchebag, to douchebag who learnt about honour and never forsaking it to dropping nukes on cities full of civilians and generally being a huge dick.
    Lor'themar... uhm... remind me who that is again?
    A lot of oversimplification there.

Vol'jin threatened to kill Garrosh, but Garrosh's power and support has grown by Tides of War to the point that the trolls collectively couldn't stand against him. If Vol'jin speaks up, he risks his people being the focus of Garrosh's anger so for the time being he has to wait for the right opportunity.

Sylvannas went from a morally gray character, but once her task was accomplished and Arthas defeated, she decided to move on herself and committed suicide. While she was having essentially her near death experience, she felt herself in the utter void of nothingness, an equivalent to hell, before the valkyr brought her back. She's still focused on her people's survival, but she's driven more than ever to stay on the mortal coil as long as possible to keep from going back to that darkness. She's motivated partially by her caring for her people but now also greatly by fear. I think she's more complex than people are crediting Blizzard for.

Garrosh has developed slowly. Emo to pride, great pride which has grown his ego. His pursuit of living up to the heroic images of his father Thrall presented drove him to being a bit of a douchebag as you said. Honor is a tricky foundation to settle things on because one might find something honorable while another doesn't. He berated a subordinate for the Broken Front, took swift action for the bombing of the druids, but he is dedicated to expanding the Horde's territory and bringing them glory. He has no respect for the Alliance and if he doesn't respect them, there could be no honorable combat with them. He found Varian more than a match in combat, but that's driven him to want to best Varian, to prove he's better than the human.

And Garrosh didn't just drop a nuke on a city full of civilians. He amassed an army. He waited, he made sure the Alliance knew he was preparing to attack. He had ships in range of their sight, he waited and waited before marching on Theramore. One can argue he gave them plenty of time to get civilians out before he attacked the military leaders he had drawn to this one location.

They aren't as one dimensional or contradictory as people suggest. They've developed over time, but perhaps not as in depth and detailed as some would like to see how it has led to where it is.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He's pretty inoffensive. I was hoping he'd turn out to be a more... iron-fisted ruler than Cairne, and demonstrate it by whirling around and lopping Magatha's head off back in The Shattering. Pity he didn't take that turn.
    Well he does have an iron fist in some parts.
    Like where Baine punishes any Tauren simply for fighting against the Alliance

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And Garrosh didn't just drop a nuke on a city full of civilians. He amassed an army. He waited, he made sure the Alliance knew he was preparing to attack. He had ships in range of their sight, he waited and waited before marching on Theramore. One can argue he gave them plenty of time to get civilians out before he attacked the military leaders he had drawn to this one location.
    The line between combantants and "innocent" civilians are usually blurred when it comes to Total War.
    And the Alliance/Horde conflict has definatly reached the stages of Total War
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Having read the shattering, I actually quite like Baine, he's my second candidate for new warchief after Vol'jin. He just needs to do something. Fortunately he is turning up in 5.1 and we've got 5 more patches after that from what I've gathered to develop him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they do something more with him than just Cairne 2.0. Cairne was cool and all but he didn't do much. They seem to be making all of the leaders more active lately and Baine has already started making moves so it looks promising.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."